Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypocritical Ban from Wishbone Ash.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Like it or not, the mod is under no obligation to reply to a Feedback thread, and it's not something we can enforce upon ourselves collectively.

At this point, I'd suggest discussing the matter with a Cmod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

stevenmu wrote: »
    Just to play devils advocate. It does appear that the OP has previously had rants about licensed drivers (in particular those who got it through amnestys), and could be said to be trying to hijack the linked thread to rant about it again.

I had no such rants, it started with someone's opinion that I agreed with, and then several others including the mod didnt like it and heated debates took place for a while after. But as i stated, no warnings were issued( to my knowledge anyway, as everybody played their part).

I got over it and moved on, and have posted there since, not a problem. In fairness if i was hijacking it then he was doing the same thing, i.e. bringing up the same old arguements, i just stated my opnion disagreeing (strongly) with what he had to say. No hijacking intended and really what am i supposed to say to his response regarding posts in november.

I know your only saying what if.. but i just wanted to clarify that this wasnt the case at all, not my intention i mean.

I know you guys aren't obligated but in the interests of fairness i think where so many people are of the opinion it was unfair the ban should be lifted and or explained. Prior to this post i did indeed bring it to the helpdesk.

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    I know you guys aren't obligated but in the interests of fairness i think where so many people are of the opinion it was unfair the ban should be lifted and or explained. Prior to this post i did indeed bring it to the helpdesk.

I don't disagree with you on this point.

Helpdesk/Cmod is the best approach at this point, I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Very unlucky pal, it's a shame mods can ruin some aspects of this website, but what can you do. Very harsh, stupid and inconsiderite modding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I don't disagree with you on this point.

Helpdesk/Cmod is the best approach at this point, I feel.
    Particularly if the moderator in question has been online, read the pm about it, has been on feedback and has seen the thread, yet hasn't even replied.

OP: Give WhiteWashMan a pm and let him know what's going on. He's the Cmod of Rec/Motors and Wishbone Ashs higher up.

• Advertisement

Rb's right, this thread is the proof that you are right, link it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Rb wrote: »
    Particularly if the moderator in question has been online, read the pm about it, has been on feedback and has seen the thread, yet hasn't even replied.

Maybe he's been on, read the pm and had a quick check through the thread but didn't have time to give his side of the story then. I know there's been loads of times I've been on, read things and then come back to them later to reply when I'm not as busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Rb wrote: »

OP: Give WhiteWashMan a pm and let him know what's going on. He's the Cmod of Rec/Motors and Wishbone Ashs higher up.

I don't think either of them would like that tbh. How many times has a manager let you in a pub after a bouncer refused?

Once or twice, but then again, I know quite a few publicans ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Nailz wrote: »
    Rb's right, this thread is the proof that you are right, link it to him.

I don't really think it is.

For all anyone of us know, there's another side to the story that we won't find out until Wishbone Ash comes on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Malteaser! wrote: »
    I don't really think it is.

For all anyone of us know, there's another side to the story that we won't find out until Wishbone Ash comes on.

What other side?! Everyone can see the posts which led to me being banned!! Im sorry but at this stage he's had plenty of time to at least acknowledge my pm and say il get back to you on it, the guy spends allot of time and boards making many many posts, so at this stage i think he should have gotten back.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If posts of yours have been deleted or edited then people wouldnt see them.
    As for "so many people" etc... well, its not a vote. I'd like to hear the Mod's side of things and rather then running to plead your case to the mob (thats the rest of you by the way), it might have been better if you discussed it with the mod directly. i'm not saying you have to accept his pov or apologise or anything but dialogue is always better then confrontation. I will review this in depth when I get a chance and I'd like to hear from the mod either here or in private message.

DeV.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

DeVore wrote: »
    t might have been better if you discussed it with the mod directly.

The OP did PM Wishbone Ash and was directed here, and then PM'ed him alerting him to the existence of the thread but got no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It was totally out of order for me to call givyjoe81 an idiot and on that basis I have apologised to him and have lifted the ban.

I would like to give a more comprehensive answer in relation to the issuing of the ban in the first place but, it is difficult to demonstrate this when givyjoe81 has deleted many of his posts in the thread of last November.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Faith wrote: »
    The OP did PM Wishbone Ash and was directed here, and then PM'ed him alerting him to the existence of the thread but got no reply.
    I've just got in from work. I do not have access to the net there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Respect x1000, WA.

It was totally out of order for me to call givyjoe81 an idiot and on that basis I have apologised to him and have lifted the ban.

I would like to give a more comprehensive answer in relation to the issuing of the ban in the first place but, it is difficult to demonstrate this when givyjoe81 has deleted many of his posts in the thread of last November.
    Fair play, that takes balls!
    Respec', respec'.... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Faith wrote: »
    Definitely only worthy of an infraction, imo.

That would be assuming that the OP hadn't been warned previously and that they had given some indication that they wouldn't continue the same behaviour. If you read most of the OP's posts, you'll see that you won't get much out of him other than what he was banned for. Of course, there's also the issue that the OP went and deleted his posts so most people here can't see them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

another happy ending in feedback. fairplay, fairplay to all i say! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

another happy ending in feedback. fairplay, fairplay to all i say! :)
    Oh stop, i'll cry. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

lolcat-faith-heealer.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

cat-saying-hooray.jpg

woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

c[_] <-- insert storm.

This thread is over.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement