Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so...ty nearly over

Options
  • 21-05-2008 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

so ty is nearly over for me, only 3 days left and then two days of exams...
    liked it...did alot, got to the final of forum on europe public speaking competition, came 3rd in county mini company, got to round 3 german debating...
    made new friends but have also lessened frienships with other that was friends with since first year...

in a way cant wait for 5th year but in another way dont want ty to end hah our small group of 48 will be split up in 5th year mixing with this years 3rd years, seriously apprehensive about that as all the nice 3rd years are doing ty.

and i'm going to be in a class where everyone is doing religion as a lc subject, i was forced to do it in the end btw!!!

anyways haha lol what are all you other t.y.'s opinions of your ty year, going into 5th year, frienships, etc!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭-Els-

I cant believe its almost over, I have two half days left! I'm also moving school next year so this is my last two days there aswell, its mad... It actually feels like last week that we had our first day in TY and we were making fun of my friends that went straight to 5th year and had like 5 essays after the first day!

Looking back it was a brilliant year and I would definatly reccomend it! We did some good stuff with the school, I was on the tem that got to the All-Ireland Semi Final in irish debating and our basketball team did really well. We also went on trips, the farm (best day ever!) and we had abrilliant trip to Poland for a week.

What really made it for me was that I was in a class with all my friends and we pretty much laughed the whole year. And because we had no homework we used to all go on big days out to the beach or just out to Bray for the day. It'll be strange next year when we're not all in the same class. I have made really good friends with people who I never thought I would be friends with last year!

I'm a little nervous about 5th year, more excited though, even though I know its gonna be hard work but I'm looking foreward to doing new things and goign to college soon etc..
    Overall I would definatly reccomend TY, especially if your friends are doing it. The only bit of advice I will give is that You get out of it what you put into it. its up to you to get up off your a** and do things and volunteer for stuff etc... because things aren't just handed to you in TY. When I hear people saying TY was boring and they did nothing most of the time its because they didn't bother to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Twas good craic and all...I wouldnt recommend it because...The thought of when all the lads that didnt do T.Y will be doin the leavin cert..You will still have a year left..Thats the worst thing about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I hope everyone has a wonderful summer, 5th year hopefully won't be as daunting as it may seem, good luck with everything guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

^^^ to the above poster, i used to live in leixlip till i was like ehhh 5 lol

Heh, it's an alright town, I've been here my whole life and commute to Maynooth for college and work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I'm sad its over now....I'll miss it alot....but at least everyone will be in 5th year with me so wont be as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mazda

Can't believe its over. I'm finished on Thurs. It's been such a brilliant year. I've done so much that i would never have gotten the chance to before - Young Scientist, Mock Trials to mention just 2. The best part was definitely keeping old friendships and making new ones. Im lucky in that all my friends that went on to 5th year came down to my class for lunch everyday. Watching them all leaving will be tough (i get teary just thinking about it ha!) but i'll know ive still got my TY girls!

Finished Last tuesday...Happiest day of my life...Waste of a year..Anyone who thinks that T.Y was a benefit would need their head checked IMO

Guys I wouldn't worry about watching your friends go into 6th year/finish school a year ahead of you, in reality the LC year seems to fly past and you'll be catching up with them in no time. One of my closest friends is only doing the LC this year and none of us feel like she's just catching up with us, its always been the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Wow, it's nearly over. Finished exams Thursday and i'm off to 5th year. This year has flown by, with good and bad things. Education wise, it wasn't as bad as 3rd year but let me tell you it wasn't a doss either;)

The teachers treat us all like adults now though, it's great. No immaturity between them, which I found great from the start and you can communicate with them without being ignored or contradicted. Fair enough there were a few new teachers who were as cocky as you could get but when isn't there:)

We've done a school play, we did numerous things but there was never a feeling of a break time for us, it's hard to explain.

3 more exams left (which I don't really care about, I hate summer exams) and I'm free!

Off to 5th year lads, see ye there:)

• Advertisement

I couldnt have imagine doing an exam in T.Y..We didnt do a spot of work this year...I love Cahir :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If I got nothing else out of the year, everyone has become much closer to each other (including myself) which is just as important as doing anything else. Friends get you through life and good friends are as good as any qualifications IMO (well, to a certain extent)

Advertisement