Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

intersting aircraft pic spotted on google earth

• 21-05-2008 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Take google earth to 53deg24'57.17" N / 10deg11'33.59W just off the Galway coast near Roundstone / Ballyconeely Bay (the spit of land just SW of Clifden) and you get to see what looks like two aircraft on top of each other.

Is one the shadow? Or a camera "echo"

10 brownie points for who can tell what aircraft it is

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

here's the screenshot

56555.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I think she is an AA777 and what your seeing is the way it was taken you can see the same at EINN with an EI Airbus going down the runway i think its to do with the speed of the camera when the pic was taken for google earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

I'm no expert, but I wonder if it is to do with the way that the photo's are taken to accomadate the 3D part of Google Earth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

anybody notice the planes taking photos fro the birdeye view of microsoft live maps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 bonjo1983

also if you go to waterford and look just off the coast of dunmore east there is another plane spotted there too

heres the screen shots

plane2.jpg

plane1.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement