Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History podcasts?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Yeah I download the odd Talking History podcasts, some of them are quite good. At christmas I was given the book Judging Dev and there were a series of podcasts hosted by the author of the book that were very good.

You don't need to have the book to listen to them btw as they are stand alone programs. Anyway I would recommend them, there are about 10 programs of it on itunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Yeah, I have the Judging Dev podcasts already

Any other suggestion? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

I'm subscribed to the Talking History ones too but the quality control on them lets them down badly from time to time, edits the like of which you'd expect from a butcher, you get the impression it's just thrown together as an afterthought when the radio show is over.

It's a shame they don't make some of the segments they do in the second hour of the show available too. They generally have good author interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Hardcore history by Dan Carlin is pretty good. American viewpoint but he's pretty objective. On itunes or podcastalley.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement