Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another port forwarding problem 2247NWG

Options
  • 21-05-2008 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Well im not looking for a 'how to port' forward, I have done this on several different routers successfully. However even though ive followed the correct procedure, and tried it with/without upnp and IPsedc, I'm still not getting the ports forwarded. When i switch in my Aolynk modem, it works fine (but cant use it cause the lan ports are not working). So i'm left scratching my head on this one, BTY have uploaded to the latest firmware successfully.

I have added the photos in the hope tha someone will spot something which I have overlooked.

~Thanks in advance,

ports1.gif

ports2.gif

ports3.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Check firewall settings on both the router and the target host. Bear in mind that modern anti-virus software often has firewall-like qualities (e.g. worm-blocking features).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

The firewall on the Netopia needs to be set to Off or Low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

In addition to everyone elses' advice - maybe you should change your Connection Type from "On-Demand" to Always On...maight save you hassle later when trying to dial into your network and there has been no activity in the network to prompt the DSL to connect...

Darragh

Edit: Maybe you should enable UPnP - it's a very handy way of allowing consumer hardware & software (Skype, PS3, googletalk etc) to open ports by themselves... Just make sure that your PCs are anti-virused & anti-malwared...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 FishD

Thanks guys. Hit the mark

Advertisement