Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty disasters.

Options
  • 21-05-2008 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

Hey girls,

Anyone here have any beauty disasters they want to share, Hair or body?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Quality wrote: »
    Hey girls,

Anyone here have any beauty disasters they want to share, Hair or body?

I'm immobilised with a broken ankle, and must say that boards.ie has really kept me amused today, anyway - disasters? Lots!

1. I asked for some 'warm' lowlights/highlights and left with hair the colour of marmalade.
    2. Went for a wax job legs/bikini 2days before a holiday and developed a horrible rash for 10days.
    3.Spray tan so dark that I looked as if I hadn't washed in a week.
    4. Eyebrow shaping so severe I looked astonished for 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

That elfin pixie Kate Moss crop.

I am not Kate Moss.

Fabulous in my own little way yes, but not of international supermodel standard sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Yes

Lots

Mainly no eyebrows, plucked them to nothing...just a shine where my eyebrows used to be :D and I used to shave them, and a horrible grey stubble used to grow thru..so I had a shadow over my eyes for a bout a year...my mams friend is a beautician and offered to wax them for me (noone could stand the sight of the grey stubble) and her wax melter machine was broken..so she thought "Oh lets heat it up in the microwave" she applied to it both my eyebrows and burnt the fecking skin..so went around with big horrible scabs at my eye brows for weeks.

I used to try and cover the scabs with foundation too. Not pretty :D

Then, when I first got with my ex, I was 17, and you know that wispy bit of hair you get (like mens locks) near your ears, which you tuck behind..mine wernt bad at all, normal in fact. Well, he used to slag me saying I had locks..one night, I got bored with a razor, and shaved the whispy bit off.:eek::confused: Cue more stubble..and of course, I couldnt have stubble at my face..so I had to carry on shaving it.

Shaving turned into veet (formally immac:D) and then I progressed to wax strips. So I used to wax my face for ages.:eek:

I then thought "enough is enough" i bit the bullet and HAD to let them grow out, took about a year, shorter than that to tuck behind my ears..BUT, it would never stay, so I used to gel it into place :D..Ill never forget getting highlights and the hairdresser pulling this wierd stumpy bit of hair out and the look on her face like WTF??!, I couldnt explain it, far too embarressing, so I just hung my head in shame.

Jesus Ill never forget how long it took for it to get back to normal.

What other things have I done..the usual, tried to give myself hightlights (never works), cut own hair (doesnt work either).

Oh, when in school, it was really fashionable to wear silver eyeshadow. I didnt have any and used a silver pen, you know the one with the retractable nib, that you shake and hear the mixer inside, the silver lasted for all of ten minutes, and then it turned to an ugly shade of grey. Wouldnt come off for ages :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I decided not to go for the wax before the holidays as hair isnt long enough, bought some veet today and only had it on and the leg was buring off me, I had to jump into a fecking cold shower and rub it off...

Fecking leg is swollen with a purple spotty rash on my thigh. Very sore.

Thank god I didnt start with the bikini line....

I'm immobilised with a broken ankle, and must say that boards.ie has really kept me amused today, anyway - disasters? Lots!

1. I asked for some 'warm' lowlights/highlights and left with hair the colour of marmalade.
    2. Went for a wax job legs/bikini 2days before a holiday and developed a horrible rash for 10days.
    3.Spray tan so dark that I looked as if I hadn't washed in a week.

An actual lol at No 4.

Also OMG at locks story. Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

bahhahaa! funny stuff. thanks for sharing! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Peared wrote: »
    An actual lol at No 4.

Also OMG at locks story. Brilliant.

Would have been brilliant, if it wasnt me :D:D:D:D

My ex-beautician scarred my eyes.
    She was so rough waxing my eyebrows that I have stretchmarks and broken blood vessels around my eyes and on my eyelids.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    She was so rough waxing my eyebrows that I have stretchmarks and broken blood vessels around my eyes and on my eyelids.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Peared wrote: »
    :eek:

+ 1!

did you complain or do something about it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I have no eyebrows i have to pencil them on everyday, i shaved them once and they never grew back properly :mad:

sar84 wrote: »
    + 1!

did you complain or do something about it?

She was the first beautican I went to and told me it totally normal for some people.
    I do scar easily, so I was inclined to believe her.
    Then I started asking her to tweeze and she would huff and puff about the extra hassle.
    I got fed up of her trying to make me feel that I was putting her out and changed.

For ages I wouldn't let anyone put wax near me, and it was years before I realised you could do it gently.

Moonbaby wrote: »

Jeepers! You poor thing! Make her pay, sue the cow:).

Not really but kinda a beauty disaster - I accidentally kicked the dentist when he hit a nerve, right in the knee, really hard too:mad:. The barstard deserved it though, he was trying to kill me through dentristry. He shouted 'Oh for fusks sake!' and I said 'you took the words right outta my mouth!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Got my eyebrows plucked in a local beauticians, she used a dirty tweezers and I got an infection which left me with this horrible big swollen lump on the side of my eyebrow.

I asked one of my friends to dye my roots as I was low on cash. Talk about an absolute disaster. My hair was so white it was almost transparant. Ended up spending a fortune trying to get it fixed.

Got my bikini line waxed today and only noticed when I got home that the beautician missed a patch. A bit pissed off but I don't think I'll go back and complain, she'll probably just say i've got miracle grow pubes or something.

orla wrote: »
    Got my eyebrows plucked in a local beauticians, she used a dirty tweezers and I got an infection which left me with this horrible big swollen lump on the side of my eyebrow.

I asked one of my friends to dye my roots as I was low on cash. Talk about an absolute disaster. My hair was so white it was almost transparant. Ended up spending a fortune trying to get it fixed.

Got my bikini line waxed today and only noticed when I got home that the beautician missed a patch. A bit pissed off but I don't think I'll go back and complain, she'll probably just say i've got miracle grow pubes or something.

Its fashionable to have a patch is it not? They have dye for down there now as well :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Trinity1 wrote: »
    Its fashionable to have a patch is it not? They have dye for down there now as well :eek:

This is a patch up near the top. It's like a 2cm circle of hair away from everything else.

Who the hell would bother dying their hair down there :confused:

This is a patch up near the top. It's like a 2cm circle of hair away from everything else.

Who the hell would bother dying their hair down there :confused:

I dunno, maybe if I go grey young I'd want the collar and cuffs to match! A friend of mine had a 'Tiffany box' job done, why she'd be arsed with that I don't know...

Who the hell would bother dying their hair down there :confused:[/QUOTEu

I suppose when the curtains and carpet dont match..........

Although i dont think you would be asking yer friend to do your roots :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I remember when I was younger and I would be buying cheap mascara, and not taking it off before bed and you would wake up in the morning not being able to open my eyes cause they would be stuck together and then pulling have my eyelashes apart...

Quality wrote: »
    I remember when I was younger and I would be buying cheap mascara, and not taking it off before bed and you would wake up in the morning not being able to open my eyes cause they would be stuck together and then pulling have my eyelashes apart...

You'd think that stuff would only have to happen once, wouldn't ya, and then we'd learn.......but no, again and again and again, me too btw!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Got my eyebrows waxed at a hairdressers that 'did waxing' to end up looking permanently surprised, but only on one side of my face :mad:

Went for a 'mahogany' toned brown colour once that turned my greys (don't judge me) luminous pink.

Scalded my bits with boiling hot wax...and it was an accident, involving a dropped spatula as opposed to a numpty who can't gauge the temperature ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Being a poor student... i invested in one of those home highlight kits.. I think the L'oreal one with the comb. My poor strand of hair turned out this orangey - honey colour was manky!!

Acne was acting up big time a month or 2 ago so began treating it with a blend of Aromatherapy oils and didn't think of the homecare advice I give clients if I reccommend using some oils on the skin directly... I ended up clearing up the infection... but burning my skin in the process. Although it's all lovely and smooth now though.

Once waxing the old bits, I somehow managed to give myself this HUGE blood blister right on the bend of the inner thigh. Left it and it eventually went down.

Does constantly nicking the back of my ankles whilst shaving count??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

Was getting my eyebrows tinted as I'm so fair you can barely see them. Stupid girl was meant to use the lightest brown colour and leave on for a few seconds. Instead she used inky blue black and left it on for half an hour. I looked like Groucho Marx and nothing, I mean nothing would remove the colour(apparently fair hair soaks up dye).

To make it worse I was going on a date with a new fella that night. All I could do was have them nearly waxed off and then wear really dark eye shadow and pretend to be vamping it up. Never again!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Got drunk and decided to dye my hair blonde on holidays in the Canaries a few years ago, my friend did it for me actually, but it didn't turn out the first time cause we didn't add one of the sachets.. So we did it again, this time leaving it in for even longer, and my hair was yellow :eek: not only that but my face got sunburnt and I looked like a septic pimple walking around... I died it back to brown the next day, my hair was in bits for ages after, swore I'd never die my hair again...

xzanti wrote: »
    Got drunk and decided to dye my hair blonde on holidays in the Canaries a few years ago, my friend did it for me actually, but it didn't turn out the first time cause we didn't add one of the sachets.. So we did it again, this time leaving it in for even longer, and my hair was yellow :eek: not only that but my face got sunburnt and I looked like a septic pimple walking around... I died it back to brown the next day, my hair was in bits for ages after, swore I'd never die my hair again...

Alcohol and hair dye never equal a good time.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Alcohol and hair dye never equal a good time.:p

Yea i know about that

*fallen asleep and people think it would be funny to bleach one side of my head :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Yea i know about that

*fallen asleep and people think it would be funny to bleach one side of my head :mad:

LOL!!!

being mistaken for your brother at the local hairdresser when your younger is also the makings of a disaster, and the reason for the now fear of hairdressers:p

emo!! wrote: »
    LOL!!!

being mistaken for your brother at the local hairdresser when your younger is also the makings of a disaster, and the reason for the now fear of hairdressers:p

Ahhh but it was to my advantage then when going to get it fixed by a *sexy hairdresser :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

The usual bikini wax disaster, was going for a Brazilian, got a Hollywood by the time the sloppy wax drips were disposed of. And my ears were pierced off-centre.

• Advertisement

Quickly runs away with all this talk of waxing sensitive areas

Getting chest done for charity was painful enough

Advertisement