Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty disasters.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Other peoples misfortune is verr funny :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

beautician flatmate dyed my eyebrows black last night trying to give them definition.

I have naturally blonde hair....and blonde eyebrows....

It looks disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 camouflage

I'm a newbie here, and I just cannot stop laughing at these disasters. Oh dear.

I (naturally :cool:) haven't had any beauty disasters, but my friend had a-near-disaster-experience: we we drinking (our asses off) and suddenly she decided to shave her head bald! :confused::D She was already holding a razor blade, but thankfully I talked her out of it. Oh, what a feeling it would have been if she'd woken up next morning with her head hairless. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

^ Lol my ex did that, granted he is a male.

text at 5am. "2 bottles of jameson and im hairless"
    text at 9am "mother of fock what happened me?!?"

Apparently his best friend took after him with a razor. Completely bald, and stripy eyebrows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I'm really p*ssed off at the moment, didnt wanna start a new thread about it though!

Paid 650 euro for human hair extensions 2 weeks ago and its a disaster. Coming out in clumps, hair bloody everywhere.

I went back after 1 week as some had come out and they put more in but charged me for the wash and blow dry i thought it was a bit unfair, i wouldnt have need a wash and blowdry had they not been falling out in the first place,only its their policy before applying extensions.

I've had them several times but this is the first human hair, rest were synthetic. When i got them in i asked her to layer them but she said they would look fake, sure the synthetic ones could be layered surely human hair can too.

I could cry having paid so much, it was a one off treat for me that backfired badly :mad:

• Advertisement

Trinners take photos and demand a refund for all.
    If they don't give it to you get in touch with the consumer association.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hdunne

this thread is cracking me up, i'm sitting in a quiet office trying to control myself, thanks so much! love to pop in 4 a quick sec 4a laugh! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

When i was younger i thought bleaching your hair was just that - so i washed my hair in domestos bleach. Nothing happened but i was damn lucky i didnt blind myself with that stuff in my eyes.

Then i decided to shave down below completely with a bic razor, it wasnt too bad til it started to grow back and the ITCH was unmercilful!! I was constantly scratching and thats not a pretty sight.

I also cut myself in a very senstive area giving myself a trim , jesus i leapt with the pain :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Crazy Catlady

Don't know if this is a beauty disaster, but it was definitely a crime against fashion...
    I had a wet perm back in the day.:eek:
    For shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Was at my friends house a few years ago getting ready for her 18th. She tried to wax her armpits for the first time with DIY strips. Strips adhered firmly to her underarms and wouldn't come off. Between us, we slowly got them peeled off while she cried with pain...except only the backing strip came off and the wax remained. She tried to scrub it off in cold water, apparently was getting on ok at first then turned on the hot tap. The wax melted, spread halfway down her sides and arms then reset even more firmly. She carried on with cold water- basically scraped it off leaving her armpits in bits.

Then the idiot had to go and use Immac to get rid of the remaining hair. Her already red skin blistered even more and she had to wash it off before it had finished. So, still hairy, she ended up shaving. You can only imagine what her armpits looked like. The redness, blistering and bleeding was obvious even with her ams by her sides, except of course she couldn't stand like this because of the pain so she had to go round all night with her hands on her hips. And her dress was strapless. It ruined her night. Until she got drunk and then she seemed oddly proud of it..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Ahh Jesus ladies I can't stop laughing!

i think i must be the luckiest girl in Ireland, I've never had anything toooo bad happen me!

The last time I got my eyebrows done (the day before I was meeting this guy I realllllly liked) I was chatting away to the beautician as you do, craicing away...she finishes up and hands me the mirror and goes, 'Oh, by the way, you'll have to let that wee bit grow in..' I looks in the mirror and I have half an eyebrow! Dyin!

Got my tan done once for a night out too...woke up the next morning and I was green, I kid you not. :eek:

Scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Thats doesn't bother me. It isn't like the source urea from urine.
    Water is an ingredient of urine too.
    Besides if you put it on your skin it can be absorbed into your bloodstream, just as if you had eaten it.

Fair enough, I still wouldn't fancy ingesting the stuff though :p

I don't know if this counts as a beauty disaster as such, but a few years ago I was on the Greek islands with my sister and I was carrying her veet in my rucksack. (You already know what's going to happen) Of course it burst in the plane on the way over (silly me), turned any white things in my bag an off-yellow colour and made the whole thing smell like p*ss for the rest of the holiday. Not pleasant when you're carting around a rucksack that reaks of wee in the blistering heat!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

getting a bikini wax done in Viet Nam! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

clicli wrote: »
    What is impetigo?:confused:

http://images.hollywoodgrind.com:9000/images/2008/3/amy-winehouse-not-healed.jpg

Poor auld Amy Winehouse had it.Imagine using her towel after her:eek::eek:

Semele wrote: »
    It ruined her night. Until she got drunk and then she seemed oddly proud of it..?

Sorry but LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

Definite contender for most LOL funny thread.

The week before my First Holy Communion (back in the day!) I tried to tie my hair into a high ponytail but little strands kept falling down... so I snipped them off!! I didn't mind the result. My mother on the other hand cried.

Getting a "half head" of blond highlights from my best friends sister, a qualified hairdresser - yellow.

Being a bridesmaid and getting my hair and make-up done professionally aged 16 - I looked like they had incorporated a swallows nest into my hair, and I had brown eyeshadow up to my eyebrows. The shame!!

Red eyeshadow. Come to think of it, was it blusher I used??!

Not really my fault but I still shudder to think of it - going for a fake tan to a new salon for the first time. Spray on, full body. Usually they give you paper knickers. Not here. Nor would she agree to let me keep on my own, said they'd be ruined and wouldn't take no for an answer. Standing there stark naked was fun. It was only afterwards it occurred to me that this was NOT normal practice :eek::eek::eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Dunno if I said this before, but getting a spray fake tan while wearing a lacy thong, will leave you with a doily like pattern in weird places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Mixedup

do it at home bikini wax attempt.....

never again....

i dont think i will ever heal...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Was at the hair-dressers two days ago. I asked your woman to just chop off the dry ends, and give the hair a soft looking cut. I looked fine I suppose, so I paid her and went on my way.

It has somewhat settled, and no word of a lie.. I think the bitch gave me a mullet.

I shant be leaving the house for a while.

/locks door

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

I'm immobilised with a broken ankle, and must say that boards.ie has really kept me amused today, anyway - disasters? Lots!

1. I asked for some 'warm' lowlights/highlights and left with hair the colour of marmalade.
    2. Went for a wax job legs/bikini 2days before a holiday and developed a horrible rash for 10days.
    3.Spray tan so dark that I looked as if I hadn't washed in a week.
    4. Eyebrow shaping so severe I looked astonished for 3 months
    hey where did you go so i can avoid them?:confused:

• Advertisement

thats hilarious lol

I got a pedicure and the lady was so crazy with her quest of removing all my dead skin that she using what looked like scissors cut in between my toes it was bleeding like mad! the cow tried to act like it was my imagination

Advertisement