Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smallest Dish For 28.2+19.2+13east

• 21-05-2008 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi
    Whats the Smallest Triax Dish i can get to get 28.2+19.2+13East on a fixed Dish?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Depends on weather etc etc. But for safety, apparently a td78 (80cm) would be necessary or bigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

I agree, have this setup on a Triax 78cm. Works also in heavy rain, but allignment has to be spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

80cm ish. 78cm Triax is minimum. Point at 16E, and then remove LNB and fit multi-LNB bracket arm without moving dish. You may want to drill a new mount hole about 2" or 3" on bottom on inside curve to left of existing mount, otherwise you run out of bracket for 28.2E when dish pointed at 16E.

The mainland Europe would have the arm with hole at top. Here to get slope as we are more west, you must mount with hole at bottom (it can be assembled either way).

Then mount holders for 13 & 19 either side of arm (reverse one so that they both overhang toward arm/ centre) Adjust each without any change to dish (which was perfect on 16E). Then add 28.2 at west end of arm and adjust slope of arm as well as distance out from arm for LNB. The slope adjustment hardly affects 13E & 19E as they are both close to pivot (hole at bottom half of rail). Another reason to point dish at 16E.

A 100cm x 110cm Triax is good. An 90cm is good in rain as the 28.2 is offset a lot, so Eurobird is weak in rain. With 80cm/90cm Triax adjusted as I suggest you will get all the weaker channels on 13 &19 and 28 on the rain.

The multi-lnb bracket for triax is also the best designed I've seen. Also some dishes the arm is not strong enough for weight of 4 x Quattros, or even 4x regular LNBs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Go motorised m8 jesus!

Thor 1 west is there you wont be sorry:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I have to agree with manc red, go motorised. Get a decent sized dish of 80cm+ and a motor, which are as cheap as chips nowa days and get some help to install (You'll get lots of help here) and away you go. The time you've spent money on lnbs/brackets/switches you could have brought a motor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

snaps wrote: »
    I have to agree with manc red, go motorised.
    Bear in mind that if going for motorised - they can be bloody noisy (the diseqc ones, in any case). Also, they only allow for one sat to be viewed at a time - usually not a problem unless you have multiple tvs/viewers in the house trying to watch simultaneously.
    Also, there is a time lapse in moving dish.

If all of the above doesnt bother you, go motorised as the lads said. Otherwise, consider using a torroidal wavefrontier in conjuction with 8 way diseqc switches and quad lnbs(available on the cheap on ebay). This setup is more time consuming and expensive initially. However, once its setup, theres great luxury in it. Would only suggest where sheltered site is available, or on balcony or ground mounted. Have mine ground mounted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Go motorised m8 jesus!

Thor 1 west is there you wont be sorry:D

whats of interest on that sat ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Digi TV ;D, has about 10 sports channels with lots of footy etc, english audio, movie channels and a 24hr xxx.

Obvoiusly cant get into the finer details of it because i'd get banned but Thor is a great sat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Digi TV ;D, has about 10 sports channels with lots of footy etc, english audio, movie channels and a 24hr xxx.

Obvoiusly cant get into the finer details of it because i'd get banned but Thor is a great sat.

oh yes the footy would be great ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I have cake and eat it:
    1) 95cm with 13, 19, 23.5 & 28.2 (4x Quattros) feeding 16x 16 Multiswitch (up to 16 receivers or 8 PVrs or a mix)

2) 1.1m Motorised dish

Any one any blind Scan Receiver recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭pelisor2000

watty wrote: »
    I have cake and eat it:
    1) 95cm with 13, 19, 23.5 & 28.2 (4x Quattros) feeding 16x 16 Multiswitch (up to 16 receivers or 8 PVrs or a mix)

2) 1.1m Motorised dish

Any one any blind Scan Receiver recommendations?
    mine technomate 4500 ci+usb(with pach)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

mine technomate 4500 ci+usb(with pach)
    Do you mean 5400 CI+USB?

if so, I've one of these, seems pretty good alright, bit better than the 1500CI+, although it has sporadic issues with Digitalb SS1 (pic goes blank every 10-30 mins and then returns). That I hope is an issue my end. Haven't tried blindscan on it though.

Advertisement