Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vote for me?

Options
  • 21-05-2008 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

ok so dunno if i can post this here so feel free to delete and yes im aware how desperate im about to appear but someone on bebo put me in a poll for the irish bebo babes or diva next door and i really don't wanna lose. Stupid bebo so please vote for me because i'm doing pathetically compared to the other girls:(

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=2677906785 its poll 74 and i'm niamh...unfortunatly...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Stupid bebo so please vote for me because i'm doing pathetically compared to the other girls
    You're aware you contradicted yourself there?

You got it right first two words. It's stupid. Get over it tbh.. And if you think that an online poll about your looks (especially a bebo poll) actually means anything...I think you might have a problem..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

What happens if you lose :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

She self combusts :D

What makes you a diva?? Sell yourself for my vote:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I voted for the first girl out of sheer mischeif. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭niavie

actually i didn't ASK to be in it or put myself forward in any way. I just don't want to come last as many of the girls here can appreciate it's not nice coming last when people are judging you on your looks something you can't change.:mad: it may be stupid but it would be quite depressing to come last.

• Advertisement

niavie wrote: »
    actually i didn't ASK to be in it or put myself forward in any way. I just don't want to come last as many of the girls here can appreciate it's not nice coming last when people are judging you on your looks something you can't change.:mad: it may be stupid but it would be quite depressing to come last.

Not being smart but why do you care that people are judging you on your looks? You dont know these people and have NOTHING to prove to them?

Niavie, it means NOTHING.

Value yourself a bit more for the love of god.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

its a bit silly & slightly degrading.. but anyhow..

i logged in & voted for you :)

sar84 wrote: »
    its a bit silly & & slightly degrading.. but anyhow..

i logged in & voted for you :)

Thank you

Peared wrote: »
    Niavie, it means NOTHING.

Value yourself a bit more for the love of god.

Agree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I think you should talk to someone about confidence issues. +1 to what peared said.

Please think about this.

INTERNET. POLL.

seriousbusiness.jpg

LadyE wrote: »
    Not being smart but why do you care that people are judging you on your looks? You dont know these people and have NOTHING to prove to them?

I know and normally I'd agree I guess I'm just insecure and don't want to be the ugly girl who comes last..sad i know.

ah cmon leave her alone. she didnt go asking to be put onto the poll (afaik thats how it works though feel free to correct me).

theres nothing wrong with not wanting to come last even if its silly or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I think what the others are trying to say is dont take any of it to heart, you dont want to develop a complex if you lose or to have it affect your confidence. If you lose fcuk it, these things can be bad for your self esteem, stupid bebo is right!!!

But i will vote for you if it makes you feel any better!

You're a gorgeous looking girl, dont worry about what a bunch of idiots on the internet think. Seriously.

The bebo ones that it, obviously what we say is important and right.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I know and normally I'd agree I guess I'm just insecure and don't want to be the ugly girl who comes last..sad i know.

If you like, I'll enter it and take last place for you?

In all seriousness, you won't be the ugly girl who came last. You got plenty of validation on the Ladies of the LL thread. You know you aren't the ugly girl, anywhere.

But no matter how beautiful you might be, there'll always be someone better, because beauty is a matter of opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I think you should be briefly flattered you were deemed worthy of being in such a poll and then completely forget about the whole thing.

sar84 wrote: »
    ah cmon leave her alone. she didnt go asking to be put onto the poll (afaik thats how it works though feel free to correct me).

theres nothing wrong with not wanting to come last even if its silly or whatever.

She must have done those

from the site
    How to join (Must be female):
    1. You must be female. 2. You must be Irish or living in Ireland. 3. Use your best profile picture clearly showing your face. 4. ONLY YOU IN THE PROFILE PICTURE. 5. Your Bebo profile must demonstrate you are real. People will be declined if the full list of rules do not apply.

How to enter a BABE Poll:
    1. Best profile picture selected (Only you in the picture). 2. Put us in your TOP Friends. 3. Interact with our page, blogs, comments & voting. 4. Get your friends to join and support you. 5. Send a mail telling us why we should select you (No more than 30 words), must have contact number and email to confirm................... All mails are read and saved, but not all replied to due to sheer volume, so make sure you have your best profile pic selected as it shows up on our mail list weeks after you have sent it......................... OR ENTER AUDITIONS AT REGIONAL HEATS (Venue/Dates to be announced soon)..................... Most of all make yourself known to us and the fans of the page. Getting your friends to join the page boosts your chances a lot.

Not getting at you hun. But just think there is more to life than getting judged. Why subject yourself to it, when you get upset about not winning or not getting the votes.

Your coming second to the hot redhead with the ducksbill lips.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    she prefers you call her by her real name, julia roberts.

• Advertisement

A load of strangers randomly pressing buttons wont make you secure. But i know how you feel. Look at the compliments you got in the pics thread and feel better about yourself.

You forgot about her quiff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

I voted for ya, but you are actually in second place! Some other poor girl has no votes!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'd vote only i'm not arsed.

This is true. The boys will vote for her because of the ducksbill lips.

She must have done those

from the site

Not getting at you hun. But just think there is more to life than getting judged. Why subject yourself to it, when you get upset about not winning or not getting the votes.

actually i didn't do any of that. i don't comment them, they aren't in my top friends, didnt mail them, dont have a contact number, they added me through what must have been friend friends as most of my friends have them as a friend. and i definatley wouldnt have added them back if i knew I'd be on it.

She must have done those

oh right, i didnt read anything, just voted. she said she didnt put herself forward for it so had no reason to question her!
    actually i didn't ASK to be in it or put myself forward in any way.

Anyway, how exactly does a group random people on the internet voting for you (purely because you asked us to and not because of your looks) help your confidence?

it doesn't i just don't want to be last, that would be so depressing.

• Advertisement

actually i didn't do any of that. i don't comment them, they aren't in my top friends, didnt mail them, dont have a contact number, they added me through what must have been friend friends as most of my friends have them as a friend. and i definatley wouldnt have added them back if i knew I'd be on it.

You could contact Bebo and explain and have them take it down if you really didnt want to be on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement