Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nokia 1100

• 21-05-2008 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Am I alone in thinking that the Nokia 1100 is the greatest phone
    of all time?

Nokia1100.jpg

- A ringer and alarm that would wake the dead
    - Tough as old boots when dropped
    - Simple menus
    - Battery lasts ages
    - Even has a little LED torch built in

I used to buy one of these brand new every year off ebay.

You can't seem to get them new anymoe, does anyone know
    wherer I can get brand new ones?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Hi all

Am I alone in thinking that the Nokia 1100 is the greatest phone
    of all time?

Nokia1100.jpg

- A ringer and alarm that would wake the dead
    - Tough as old boots when dropped
    - Simple menus
    - Battery lasts ages
    - Even has a little LED torch built in

You can't seem to get them new anymoe, does anyone know
    wherer I can get brand new ones?

i have a hardly used one...meteor-locked! But I'd never sell that beauty!
    Yeah, I can't remember when I last charged it - if ever???? Hahaha... No, it's a great backupphone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

strecker wrote: »
    i have a hardly used one...meteor-locked! But I'd never sell that beauty!

Name your price! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ich_verschwinde

I agree,.. i had one for 2 years and it was the best phone i ever had.. i love the keypad aswell, .. i would also like to know if they are available new, i got a Nokia 1600 now and its giving a bit of trouble.. good phone aswell though, but i would gladly replace it with an 1100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ich_verschwinde

the 1200 is similar..
    http://www.buy-mphone.com/acatalog/1200_sim_free.html

but not the same ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

the 1200 is similar..
    http://www.buy-mphone.com/acatalog/1200_sim_free.html

but not the same ;)

That looks good. The 1100 doesn't have a speaker phone which is very handy. The 1200 does. Might buy a few of them, thanks for the link:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

cant be that good if you got a new one every year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

what shakin said were my thoughts.

It's not a bad phone though. I preferred the 1101 myself.

The 2630 is trying to match it and adding bluetooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

http://url.ie/efb 20 New ones on eBay (1100)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I had an 1100 briefly and still have an 1101 - only as a spare because it uses the same battery as my 6230i though.

As others have said, I think the 1200 or 1208 is the newest version in the series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DD

I got one free for my dad from Vodafone on the loyalty minutes, he said the battery has a long life and it is very easy to use, even with no glasses :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I reckon my dad would love one of these type of phones, the handset he currently has, a 3410 (I think) we got him just because it was the biggest buttons & largest text on screen.

Can somone recommend one specifically out of the models mentioned? Im looking at the 1100 or the 1101 I think. Whats the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DD

skywalker wrote: »
    Can somone recommend one specifically out of the models mentioned? Im looking at the 1100 or the 1101 I think. Whats the difference?
    There's an Nokia 1110i model too...having a first look I don't see any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 oneway

I travel quite a bit, staying in hotels and have a company smartphone (HTC). The world+dog has the number though. I have another number on pre-pay and only my partner has this number. When I stay in a hotel I turn off the company mobile and know that my partner (and no one else) can still contact me.

Best battery life ever. Menus straight from the 5110 - all I need is some calls and text.

After falling for Vodafone's ghastly "Simply 1" phone for the wrinklies in my extended family I have now equipped three of them with the 1100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Drag up old thread much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Drag up old thread much?
    No harm done. I'm still sticking with the 1101 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Random wrote: »
    No harm done. I'm still sticking with the 1101 :)

Hehe, and plus, if you happen to have the right phone you could make a small fortune!
    Apparently some shady hackers and cyber-criminals have recently started offering upwards of $30,000 for the Nokia 1100 which were manufactured at a specific plant in Bochum, Germany. You may ask yourself, "why?" Well, beyond the obvious answer (style), certain makes of the super-popular handset can apparently be reprogrammed to use someone else's phone number, allowing them to receive text messaged bank passwords (common in parts of Europe), thus making it much, much easier to steal people's money. The software flaw has been pointed out by Ultrascan Advance Global Investigations, who were contacted by police who had noted the curiously high offering prices on the old-timey candybar. Nokia has contended that it has not identified any software problems which would allow such use, so it's hard to say what exactly is going on at this point, but we'll let you know if we hear anything concrete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

These shady hackers and cyber-criminals can't be very smart, ebay is loaded with 1100s for around £20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The modified firmware only works on a VERY small batch ~100 phones.
    JustinOval wrote: »
    These shady hackers and cyber-criminals can't be very smart, ebay is loaded with 1100s for around £20.

Advertisement