Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The four courts and compensation

• 22-05-2008 1:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

*edit*
    A while ago a case involving myself was settled in court. when i turned 18 i signed the affadavit to release the money. i was told 3 weeks and it will be released to the solictor. its week 4 now and the solicitor said that there's another 3 weeks to go.

Is it normal for things like compensation money held by the courts to be so much held up?

can anybody explain the inital three weeks from my 18th?
    because of this delay i'm having to cancel a holiday i was supposed to go on. i was hoping to use this also as leverage to speed up the process.

any advice feedback about such normalities appreciated. ie; is this normal of the legal system to take so long?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Rhonda9000

congo_90 wrote: »
    A while ago a case involving myself was settled in court. when i turned 18 i signed the affadavit to release the money. i was told 3 weeks and it will be released to the solictor. its week 4 now and the solicitor said that there's another 3 weeks to go.

Is it normal for things like compensation money held by the courts to be so much held up?

can anybody explain the inital three weeks from my 18th?
    because of this delay i'm having to cancel a holiday i was supposed to go on. i was hoping to use this also as leverage to speed up the process.

any advice aprreciated

Wow - this will be locked faster than you can say "the legal system will yield to my holiday"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Ah balls... ah well close me up then :(
    unless is there any way i could EDIT the post ASAP to save the day? i read through the charter i thought i was ok... :confused: but hey what do i know about law and stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭McCrack

congo_90 wrote: »
    Ah balls... ah well close me up then :(
    unless is there any way i could EDIT the post ASAP to save the day? i read through the charter i thought i was ok... :confused: but hey what do i know about law and stuff

Maybe I am stating the obvious here but have you rang up or called into see your solicitor? He/she will explain the process and why it is taking so long. He/she is your first port of call. Second is the Registrar of the court that awarded you the money.

Advertisement