Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2008/2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I know. I even went shopping today to try find the one I want.

good luck with that! do you remember the time when arnotts on henry st had a man utd section?! that was great, you could have gotten it there handy enough! damnit i must find that jersey (for less than feckin €130)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

good luck with that! do you remember the time when arnotts on henry st had a man utd section?! that was great, you could have gotten it there handy enough! damnit i must find that jersey (for less than feckin €130)

Champion sports sell retro shirts. The same that you find here.

Retro shirts redone by nike. There just aint a champion in Dun Laoghaire only Lifestyle and Elverys.

EDIT: Sorry not by Nike, dont know the company name.

Second Edit: Link for retro jerseys score draw

Pique says goodbye.
    MANUTD.com wrote:
    I didn't want to say goodbye without thanking all the club personnel, including the football equipment manager, masseuses, secretaries, coaches, and especially my team mates, who have always treated me well and played a vital role in my development, both as a football player and more importantly, on a personal level.

Obviously I would have liked to play more this season, but I must say that despite some difficult decisions, the manager has always treated me in an exceptional manner, for which I am extremely grateful.

I am leaving with some very special memories: scoring a Champions League goal at Old Trafford, beating Arsenal in April on the way to winning the title and, most of all, the experience of being part of this fantastic group that won the Premier League and Champions League Double.

Finally, a special thanks to the fans for their warmth and support. I would like them to know that I will always carry United in my heart and I hope that they understand my decision to go back to my home club, FC Barcelona.

Thank you all and I hope to see you in the Champions League final next season.

Gerard Pique

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Yeah i saw the 99 european cup jersey for sale up in dundrum a while back in champion all this talk about the retro jerseys is making me regret not buying it.

Yeah i saw the 99 european cup jersey for sale up in dundrum a while back in champion all this talk about the retro jerseys is making me regret not buying it.

I'm sure they wont be gone, I'll be going to get one this week.

thanks man, i know theres a champion in the pavillions now i may drop in this weekend and see if i can get the 99 champs league final one! cheers! n ya never know, they could order others in if they do all those ones!

thanks man, i know theres a champion in the pavillions now i may drop in this weekend and see if i can get the 99 champs league final one! cheers! n ya never know, they could order others in if they do all those ones!

I posted a link to the company that is making them a bit further up. They dont seem to do the other ones. The diamond one and the old trafford one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Anyone know where I could get my hands on the Rumbelows Cup (the blue addidas away jersey). Its my favourite. That, the last black one we had (vodafone 2005/06 i think) and the 1991 ECWC white one are my top 3

I posted a link to the company that is making them a bit further up. They dont seem to do the other ones. The diamond one and the old trafford one.

ah well, thanks for the links and the info man, ill look in champion and find out which one is cheaper, altho that fa cup one looks great (i just know im gonna end up buyin about 4 jerseys now!! :p )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Pique says goodbye.

Sounds like a classy guy. I hope he breaks into the first team soon, good luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Pique says goodbye.

Classy! Hope he does well at Barca :) Good Luck Pique:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,446 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i wish he had been given a better chance here, but when your competition are Rio and Vidic, you aren't going to see much game time. It's a pity, as I reckon he will turn out to be a very, very good defender, but with only a year on his contract and no chance of keeping him longer it is better to have cashed in now.

i think utd staff and fans alike wish him the very best in his career, he will be a great defender sooner rather than later, he just needs more game time, did utd get the special dispensation for him so he got a medal?! he deserves it for being such a professional all season!

i think utd staff and fans alike wish him the very best in his career, he will be a great defender sooner rather than later, he just needs more game time, did utd get the special dispensation for him so he got a medal?! he deserves it for being such a professional all season!

To be honest I dont know.

Such a professional can be called into question because he went looking for his move before the season had ended. Not a good idea especially when we had a league and Cl to win, and prob why he didn't get his tenth appearance. I do wish him all the best though and will be interested to see how he fits in at Barca.

To be honest I dont know.

Such a professional can be called into question because he went looking for his move before the season had ended. Not a good idea especially when we had a league and Cl to win, and prob why he didn't get his tenth appearance. I do wish him all the best though and will be interested to see how he fits in at Barca.

he was a professional for united every time he walked on the pitch, no primadoona antics etc, off the pitch he was a professional footballer, professional footballers want first team football, ya cant blame him really, he knows he can become a brilliant player (as do most peopl) but at the same time he knew he couldnt have gotten a first team place for united!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Strange interview with Queiroz. Sounds like the kind of interview held in a pub just before closing time after a feed of beer or portuguese vino.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0528/ronaldoc.html

Queiroz in bizarre Madrid rant

Wednesday, 28 May 2008 15:47
    Manchester United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz has launched an extraordinary attack on the Spanish nation and Real Madrid in particular over what he believes are attempts to 'naturalise' Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Portuguese coach draws a bizarre comparison between the player and Christopher Columbus.

great tribute to Scholesy on MUTV now

that goal in the CL against Panikonikos (sp) was brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Pique=A classy footballer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Ferguson and Queiroz escape FA charge:

Sir Alex Ferguson and Carlos Queiroz escape punishment after their improper conduct charges are "not proved" by the Football Association.
    The Manchester United management duo had been charged over comments made about officials after United's 1-0 FA Cup quarter-final defeat to Portsmouth.
    Ferguson criticised the performance of match referee Martin Atkinson and referees' chief Keith Hackett.
    Queiroz's charge related to comments about Atkinson.
    Portsmouth, who went on to win the trophy, won the match courtesy of a Sulley Muntari penalty, but Ferguson was furious that his side had been denied a spot-kick for what he felt was a foul on Cristiano Ronaldo.
    "It's absolutely ridiculous," he said after the game.
    "I cannot explain it. Managers get sacked because of things like that and he's going to referee a game next week.
    "He (Hackett) is not doing his job properly and he needs to be assessed. "I'm assessed as a manager, players are assessed, referees should be assessed properly by the right people. That performance today should not be accepted by our game."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7424315.stm

I could be wrong here but if Fergie and Queiroz aren't being charged then surely that means the FA are admitting that Atkinson f**ked up against Portsmouth. :confused:

Seems that way alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Trilla wrote: »
    great tribute to Scholesy on MUTV now

that goal in the CL against Panikonikos (sp) was brilliant

Just youtubed it. Orgasmic chip

Unearthly wrote: »

Post the link!!

Sounds like a classy guy. I hope he breaks into the first team soon, good luck to him.

I agree, I was disappointed to see him leave tbh. I wish him all the best. Glad he went to Barca.

Pardon my rudeness for not doing it earlier

Orgasmic is right!:D

I actually remember that one. Brilliant goal. Brilliant player.

For some reason I didn't remember it, but I do remember him scoring a last minute equaliser against them at their ground. Probably same season. Weird

For some reason I didn't remember it, but I do remember him scoring a last minute equaliser against them at their ground. Probably same season. Weird

Its weird the way u forget and remember goals.

Ill never forget Redondos assist to Raul against us, one of the best goals Ive ever seen. Stoopid Real :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

i have a load of old united jerseys ill get them out id say about 20 in good condition altogether wud only wanna keep about 4 or 5 of them .wud the mods have a problem if i posted them on adverts.ie for sale and a link here?id prefer to sell them to fellow boardsies than on ebay

yabadabado wrote: »
    i have a load of old united jerseys ill get them out id say about 20 in good condition altogether wud only wanna keep about 4 or 5 of them .wud the mods have a problem if i posted them on adverts.ie for sale and a link here?id prefer to sell them to fellow boardsies than on ebay

Calling the green and gold one now! What size?! Cant believe I just asked someone what size they are!! :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

wow that is a sensational goal and im a pool fan!!! cant help it, its just a gr8 goal....now imagine it had been the goal that won ye the champs league....wow that would be orgasmic

mormank wrote: »
    wow that is a sensational goal and im a pool fan!!! cant help it, its just a gr8 goal....now imagine it had been the goal that won ye the champs league....wow that would be orgasmic

ANY goal that wins u the Champions League is orgasmic!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

ya true..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Calling the green and gold one now! What size?! Cant believe I just asked someone what size they are!! :eek::eek:

the green and gold aint for sale its signed by giggs.ill take a look tomorrow and post up the ones ill sell on.a few of them will be size small but there should be 5 or 6 that are large and XL

yabadabado wrote: »
    the green and gold aint for sale its signed by giggs.ill take a look tomorrow and post up the ones ill sell on.a few of them will be size small but there should be 5 or 6 that are large and XL

have you the blue and white one from 1992?
    http://fun-brainiac.com/Pics/Sport/Dresovi/man%20utd.jpg

if you have the one with the faded Old Trafford on it I WANT IT BAD! Would love the home one with the diamond design on the sleves and the round crest in the middle. Faded OT one would be the preference. Would be interested in the blue and white away one with the names on it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

One my faves also was the Black one with the yellow trim with Sharp View Cam on the front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Tauren wrote: »
    if you have the one with the faded Old Trafford on it I WANT IT BAD! Would love the home one with the diamond design on the sleves and the round crest in the middle. Faded OT one would be the preference. Would be interested in the blue and white away one with the names on it...

I have them both & more and washed in a bag in the attic along with a few old match programs. I have the real old Manutd home jersey from 1986.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

This was posted in a thread about an Eircom League article there. Interested to see the viewpoint of United fans on it as opposed to just the outsiders.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/man-united-men-share-in-the-miracle-of-martyrdom-1386539.html?startindex=10#comments

• Advertisement

I have them both & more and washed in a bag in the attic along with a few old match programs. I have the real old Manutd home jersey from 1986.
    you selling or teasing? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Christ I Feel old :D, Moved to England to work 1987 And was at OT that season.(87) same jersey I think.

Sure you did Roman, we ain't buying it.

Anyway, anyone hear any news on United's bids for Robbie Savage and Marlon Harewood, I really hope we get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Christ I Feel old :D, Moved to England to work 1987 And was at OT that season.(87) same jersey I think.

The one i have is in fantastic condition. I have stoped buying them only if i see one i actually like and not for the sake of it. I did buy the home/away jersey when AIG sponsered us, that was a must ;).

Robbie Savage and Marlon Harewood? Yes please.....:D, Ole job might be slightly easier next season with those two.

Sure you did Roman, we ain't buying it.

Anyway, anyone hear any news on United's bids for Robbie Savage and Marlon Harewood, I really hope we get them.

I heard it Fergie was keen on signing Ian Harte :D:D:D

I heard it Fergie was keen on signing Ian Harte :D:D:D

Awesome - we can tell that useless Evra to get stuffed with his contract demands if we can get Harte in. I really hope Chelsea don't try to hijack the deal.

• Advertisement

Awesome - we can tell that useless Evra to get stuffed with his contract demands if we can get Harte in. I really hope Chelsea don't try to hijack the deal.

I really hope Chausea sign Evra. He's so unbelievably sh1t. harte would make us dominant for at least the next 5 years.

Speaking of Chausea stealing our signings, why in Gods name would they sign a new right back before getting in a new manager who can build the team with his players? oh, I know, cos by all accounts, the manager doesnt pick the team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

ROCKMAN wrote: »

You are old.

2 years before i was born tbf...

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    You are old.

2 years before i was born tbf...

Now now junior, leave the adult discussion to us!!! :p:p:p

Link

Well thats it for the international duty for oour England lads, Rooney, Rio etc, all on their summer hols!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Now now junior, leave the adult discussion to us!!! :p:p:p

Adult discussion is joking about Ian Harte singing for United?...

I cant wait to grow up:confused:

Weren't there 9 United and Chelsea players in the squad?

Rio, Brown, Hargreaves, Rooney, Terry, Cole, Bridge, Lampard, J.Cole.

I imagine it will be Hargreaves and Bridge that continue on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement