Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2008/2009

Comments

mike65 wrote: »
    If all the speculation is correct I should be laughing at all this, I'm not. Ronaldos behaviour is a disgrace to the notion of professional sport.

I wonder can Scholes commit a special tackle on the little gimp on the way out.

Mike.

I agree.

Im a United fan through and through and will support any player who dons our shirt so if he stays next season I dont want to see him boo'd but I would hope they dont sing about him anymore. Prat doesnt deserve it.

He pulled this crap after the world cup as well. I had unkind things to say about him back then. i forgave him because it came out that he was worried about the linch mob factor after Rooneys sending off. Now he has no excuse. He's been treated immpeccably by the fans and the club and all of his team mates who pander to his selfishness, and he rapays everyone with this sh1te? F****k him tbh.

With Barca being my second team I reckon I will despise the guy for life for this if he ends up wearing white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Boggles wrote: »
    By all accounts Ronaldo has simply not phoned home.

ah in all honesty he has the euros to concentrate on atm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

By all accounts Ronaldo has simply not phoned home.

Ohh..ok, so he's "unavailable for comment"??? Seriously what is the guy at? Is he out to deliberately embarrass Fergie and Utd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

and real offering more of them is enough for him... the jerk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Fúck that, he has enough time to be concentrating on playing nudge nudge wink wink with the Spanish media.

Hobart wrote: »
    Ohh..ok, so he's "unavailable for comment"??? Seriously what is the guy at? Is he out to deliberately embarrass Fergie and Utd?

Sell him to Sunderland, let Keane deal with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Sell him to Sunderland, let Keane deal with him.

Ronaldinho at Man City, Ronaldo at Sunderland.

What's the world coming to? :p

quad_red wrote: »

Its silly season remember!! :p

United to play in Nigeria

Hmmm, how many Nigeriants have played for United!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

quad_red wrote: »

Natural order resumed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Taribo West was always in my Champ Manager 2 squad...

I wonder if Rio is involved with this. I know he is over in negeria doing some stuff involving football and education.

we gonna get a new nigerian player (the nigerian equivilent of dong) to sell shirts!

Apparently there is a lad at Lyn Oslo that seems to have a bit of talent, Chelsea are sniffing around too.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Gegerty

The Community Shield without the Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ronnie has the Euro's to concentrate on, he hasnt spoke to any media. Scolari isnt allowing any of his players to discuss anything other then the Portugal campaign and rightly so tbh.

Basically, we have heard nothing new officially yet so why the new burst of sureness that he will be leaving?

just dont bite to media drivvel, they need to sell their papers.

were you not expecting a summer like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Well he can be good player no matter how much but if he says he want to go i dont want him anymore in United,i would accept the best offer and thats it,but nothing till i hear him saying it by his own he wants to go,those stupid rumours are just that,studpi rumours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Tauren wrote: »
    I wonder if Rio is involved with this. I know he is over in negeria doing some stuff involving football and education.

no comment :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

kryogen wrote: »
    were you not expecting a summer like this?

Honestly no I wasn't. Yes I was expecting Ronaldo rumours but I was also expecting him to make an official statement stating that he will be a Manchester United next year and he just wants to be left to concentrate on the Euro Chamionships.

And to say Scolari wont let the players discuss anything but the tounament is actually more worrying to me. All this talk around the camp, and the questions being fired to the players must be off putting. Surely Scolari has said to him listen can you not stop all this crap with a definite statement, instead it looks like Ronaldo wont do that so Scolari has to try stop the talk himself.

Besides even if Ronaldo wasn't being let talk to the media, I'm sure he can contact his agent and let him put out a statement.

It is all very worrying to me and the longer it goes on the more I believe he will leave, or rot in the reserves for year (I believe the Glaziers and Fergie could just be stubborn enough to do this).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

IF ronaldo leaves now, I'd want Ramos,Sneijder and some cash tbh, and try and get Benzema/Huntleaar and Ribery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Smegball wrote: »
    IF ronaldo leaves now, I'd want Ramos,Sneijder and some cash tbh, and try and get Benzema,Huntleaar and Ribery.

I'd be more than happy with that outcome.

To be honest if there is any players involved in this so called deal with Madrid I could only see it being Robinho.

IF ronaldo leaves now, I'd want Ramos,Sneijder and some cash tbh, and try and get Benzema/Huntleaar and Ribery.

If this happen i will put you for prime minister:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

not asking for much there are ya

im sencing a bit on annimosity towards ronaldo at the moment here, imho i want him to stay, i think united has been amazing for him and he has been amazing for united! but if he does go (*touch wood) ya cant say he hasnt done his fair share!

It is all very worrying to me and the longer it goes on the more I believe he will leave, or rot in the reserves for year (I believe the Glaziers and Fergie could just be stubborn enough to do this).

Itd be nice to get him for being an ingrate but this would lower his value. Sell him now and extort Madrid to the point of bankrupting them...so the government can bail them out again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

im sencing a bit on annimosity towards ronaldo at the moment here, imho i want him to stay, i think united has been amazing for him and he has been amazing for united! but if he does go (*touch wood) ya cant say he hasnt done his fair share!

I still dont think he has fully realised his potential, he's the best player in the world right now but that doesnt mean that he is as great as the likes of Zidane etc were. He still needs to learn to be more of a team player, he still needs to learn to stop stamping his feet when he doesnt get his way and he still needs to learn to realise that he may well have ended up like Quaresma if it wasnt for United developing him.

I still dont think he has fully realised his potential, he's the best player in the world right now but that doesnt mean that he is as great as the likes of Zidane etc were. He still needs to learn to be more of a team player, he still needs to learn to stop stamping his feet when he doesnt get his way and he still needs to learn to realise that he may well have ended up like Quaresma if it wasnt for United developing him.

you are bang on there, i totally agree with you which is why i think he should definately stay with united, no matter what price we are offered for him!

It is the way things have happened that has annoyed me. If he had simply come out the weekend after the CL final and said something along the lines of "I have acheived all I can here, and I would like to test myself somewhere new", I would have been disappointed, but I would have understood. It is the way he has dragged it out, it is insulting to the fans.

It is the way he has dragged it out, it is insulting to the fans.

I agree, I doubt "Viva Ronaldo" will be getting sung next season regardless of whether he goes or not....thank god for "Viva John Terry"!

chdpoker wrote: »
    not asking for much there are ya

Tbh were potentially losing the best player in the world here, I've a right to demand loads in return ;)

• Advertisement

Also see now Porto chucked outa next seasons CL, potential bid for Quaresma maybe on the cheap?

A less team orientated, less talented, less selfless version of Ronaldo. AWESOME! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Could you include John Obi Mikel in that?

Could you include John Obi Mikel in that?

Whilst he has worn our red he never played in our red so now!! Bet all the Chawsey players who rejected United for the rent are happy now eh!! :D

Also see now Porto chucked outa next seasons CL, potential bid for Quaresma maybe on the cheap?

God I hope not. He's a lot older, is more of a glory hunter and is generally nowehere near Ronaldos level.

We cant "replace" Ronaldo. What we can do is use the money to buy the right players to play a new system. Trying to replace Ronaldo will likely lead us to failure. We need to play to our strengths. We have two absolute terriers up front already, a poacher to play with them would be excellent and we have the best defence in Europe. We may not be that badly affected if Ronnie left provided we buy the right kinds of players to replace his absense. I liked the look of what I saw at home to Roma without Ronaldo, Hargreaves down the right and Anderson/Carrick central...could work. Maybe another winger or two and an out and out striker. Personally Id tell Madrid that I want Sergio Ramos (right back position filled for the next 5 years at least!!) and £80 million (hell why not, extort them - he's at the peak of his value now) and will not listen to one penny less!!

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/06/04/SOCCER_Man_Utd_Nightlead.html&TEAMHD=soccer

Manchester United chief executive David Gill has reiterated that Cristiano Ronaldo will remain at Old Trafford.

The Portugal winger is currently preparing for Euro 2008 after scoring 42 goals last season.

But there is continued speculation about the 23-year-old's future plans ahead of the tournament in Austria and Switzerland.

United remain bullish about the situation and insist he will stay their player.

"Our position is clear. Sir Alex (Ferguson) and I stated it in the last week," said Gill as he announced they are to play Portsmouth in a dress rehearsal for the Community Shield in Nigeria in July.

"That's it. That's all we are going to say on the matter, full stop."

The exhibition match will be the finale to the Tinapa Business Resorts soccer tournament.

The date and venue have still to be arranged with United travelling to Nigeria from South Africa, where they are involved in the Vodacom Challenge tournament from July 19-26.

Gill said: "It is not the 39th game by stealth, don't worry about that. It is just a coincidence we are playing Portsmouth.

"Exhibition games overseas can help Manchester United but also the Premier League in terms of making sure it is at the forefront of those fans' minds when it comes to selling it.

"Nigeria is home to our fourth largest fan base with some 13.6 million followers and we will be taking a strong squad.

"Sir Alex and the team are always keen to visit new places.

"This match will give an opportunity for our many fans in Nigeria to see the team in the flesh and provide a climax to our summer tour."

Gill confirmed that Ronaldo will not be travelling to South Africa or Nigeria but only because he will be on holiday after Euro 2008.

United are already looking to the future after winning the Champions League and retaining their Barclays Premier League title.

A fee has been agreed with Cardiff for midfielder Aaron Ramsey, who played in the FA Cup final.

At least two other Premier League clubs are chasing the 17-year-old but Gill said: "I am confident."

Should everything go to plan, Ramsey will be loaned back to the Championship side next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/06/04/SOCCER_Man_Utd_Nightlead.html&TEAMHD=soccer

Manchester United chief executive David Gill has reiterated that Cristiano Ronaldo will remain at Old Trafford.

The Portugal winger is currently preparing for Euro 2008 after scoring 42 goals last season.

But there is continued speculation about the 23-year-old's future plans ahead of the tournament in Austria and Switzerland.

United remain bullish about the situation and insist he will stay their player.

"Our position is clear. Sir Alex (Ferguson) and I stated it in the last week," said Gill as he announced they are to play Portsmouth in a dress rehearsal for the Community Shield in Nigeria in July.

"That's it. That's all we are going to say on the matter, full stop."

The exhibition match will be the finale to the Tinapa Business Resorts soccer tournament.

The date and venue have still to be arranged with United travelling to Nigeria from South Africa, where they are involved in the Vodacom Challenge tournament from July 19-26.

Gill said: "It is not the 39th game by stealth, don't worry about that. It is just a coincidence we are playing Portsmouth.

"Exhibition games overseas can help Manchester United but also the Premier League in terms of making sure it is at the forefront of those fans' minds when it comes to selling it.

"Nigeria is home to our fourth largest fan base with some 13.6 million followers and we will be taking a strong squad.

"Sir Alex and the team are always keen to visit new places.

"This match will give an opportunity for our many fans in Nigeria to see the team in the flesh and provide a climax to our summer tour."

Gill confirmed that Ronaldo will not be travelling to South Africa or Nigeria but only because he will be on holiday after Euro 2008.

United are already looking to the future after winning the Champions League and retaining their Barclays Premier League title.

A fee has been agreed with Cardiff for midfielder Aaron Ramsey, who played in the FA Cup final.

At least two other Premier League clubs are chasing the 17-year-old but Gill said: "I am confident."

Should everything go to plan, Ramsey will be loaned back to the Championship side next season.

Well that's that so. He's not going.

horray!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Great, i am delighted he is staying

End of story about Ronaldo leaving....

• Advertisement

End of story about Ronaldo leaving....

you know it CLEARLY wont be....

you know it CLEARLY wont be....

+7

I know,i just hope it will....coz its annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

This topic has been on a loop of boredom since page 7:(

yeah, but PC+++++++++ :D:(

blame for "the loop of boredom" falls at only one mans feet folks.

like it or lump it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Mr Alan wrote: »
    blame for "the loop of boredom" falls at only one mans feet folks.

like it or lump it.

+1

Your dead right.

That Ramon Calderone is a bastard!

Good to know your on our side Al!

:D

oh my :(

nicely done!

i honestly dont understand why people are turning on him so quickly, the player has a right to consider his future btw, he has achieved alot of success at united, it could be possible he wants a new challenge, and maybe he needs one to continue his development?

I just wish people wouldnt be so quick to demonise someone when nothing official has been said

if he is thinking about leaving it really is better that he doesnt say anything until he mkes his mind up, i honestly think he is considering a move,and is wisely taking his time over it, its a big decision after all. but i feel he will decide to stay one more year then leave.

Either way, the lad has been immense for us and i would applaud him and wish him all the best for the future.

But i would hope some posters here would look at themselves and think before posting knee jerk statements. Try to understand all points of view in a situation and there would be less pages of boring ****e

ok, im getting down off my high horse now!

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    the player has a right to consider his future btw,

In fairness he did consider his future, last year when he signed a big fat lucrative 5 year contract.

Thats why clubs give players big fat lucrative 5 year contracts, they are paying massively so the players future is with them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement