Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2008/2009

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

logically it makes sense right now, he would be leaving a Prem champion, European Champion, Prem player of the year, European player of the year and World player of the year! how better to walk away?

not much else to achieve, i still think he will be there, im about 80% confident now, i was 100% up to this week.

kmart6 wrote: »
    It's hard to judge club and country in management skills! He's going to be able to bring in whoever he wants as of July 1st so he should be able to do fairly decent!

yeah its just i dont know from memory anything about him as a club manager and its a very different job! i hope he fails obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

kryogen wrote: »
    yeah its just i dont know from memory anything about him as a club manager and its a very different job! i hope he fails obviously

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Have gotten used to the idea of Ronaldo leaving now, up until now I thought the whole story was manufactured by the darlings in the english gutter press to deflect away from the lack of an English team in the euros, but every passing day it looks more likely now. Still, we should get as much as we can for him, and sign 2 or 3 top class players with the money.

They wont be ronaldo though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

i hope he fails obviously

Well duh:D:D:D

it largely is the media making all the fuss about it, you dont hear as much about Barry and he has handed in a request and said publicly he wants to join liverpool!

the price we have to pay for having one of the most high profile players in the world

my stance has never changed, i still think Ronnie is wisely, considering his options, but i think he will stay one more year anyway to see if he can repeat the success of last year with players he is close to like Nani and Anderson, he is also very close to Queroz and that could play a deciding role in the decision, he will listen to CQ surely and take his advice on board.

everything will be sorted after the Euros anyway, Portugal should be out after the quarters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I see Scolari has been made Chelski boss and with him making comments last week about how Ronaldo should go to Real Madrid it's not too surprising.:rolleyes: Typical Chelski they'll stop at nothing to prevent United winning the league next year.

That's so scummy. I bet Kenyon had something to do with that. I wonder if CR knew???
    As for Scolari - Well, everyone's soul has a price lads - to Russian oil. It must be so underwhelming being a Chelski fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Portugal should be out after the quarters

for the sake of my money I hope not!

haha ok for the sake of your money i hope their striker or lack of strikers doesnt bite them in the ass and that ever so shakey defence od theirs starts playing as a unit!

good luck with that one! im still happy to have bet on Germany.

had the mandatory bet on Spain aswell naturally so im confident i have a better then 50% chance of leaving the tourny with profit! had a sneaky bet on Villa for top goalscorer too, that started pretty freaking good didnt it!

hang on, wrong forum, ok back to non gambling related football topics?

Ronaldo to Chelsea anyone? lol

Jesus he would be murdered by United fans when he'd come back to Old Trafford! Even you have to say that you wouldn't be happy with him leaving to go to them!

• Advertisement

oh god no! if he went to play for another english team now id probably be with the mob of angry fans burning effogies and spitting on him!

it will be bad enough if/when he moves to Madrid, i ****in hate Madrid, would much rather see him go to Barca if he has to go anywhere, but not for a few years yet!

im trying to figure out how the fans will react already to him when he togs out for united next season, dont think we will be hearing Viva Ronaldo as much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Excellent idea, normal rules apply with Chelsea the price doubles. So 200 million please. :D

lol im sure we could get 250+million from Chelsea for him!

im trying to figure out how the fans will react already to him when he togs out for united next season, dont think we will be hearing Viva Ronaldo as much

I'd say it could depend on how he's performing! Same as last year and they'll quickly forget about it,struggles a bit and he'll hear it from the crowd!

i know football fans are a fickle bunch for the most part but i dont think we will be hearing it as much next season regardless of how he performs

im still laughing at the people calling him a **** who we dont need 1 week after hailing him as a hero and licking his balls!

Well that sh1t pisses me off!

I dunno, Rio came in for a bit of stick after he haggled for his contract a few years back. I think fans, even in the last few seasons, have become somewhat more accustomed to a bit of disloyalty from players. I still expect him to go to Madrid anyway.

im still laughing at the people calling him a **** who we dont need 1 week after hailing him as a hero and licking his balls!

Why? Just because people say we don't need him doesn't mean they don't still rate him. I would take it to mean that we're not a one man club, and we don't need any player who doesn't need us.

Yeah people hailing him one week and wishing plague on him the next was extreme.

I think he is gone, I'm not concerned about replacing the goals - I think that can be done, I'm concerned about the lack of available world class right wingers out there thou.

• Advertisement

anyone else seriously dissapointed with the hills have eyes 2 when they saw it? im watching it right now, not impressed one bit. ah well

davy,you should really look back over some of the comments about him, they were comical! fans my arse

anyway, lets not start another few pages of is he going is he staying please! anyone spotted any talent yet at the Euros? possible targets?

anyway, lets not start another few pages of is he going is he staying please! anyone spotted any talent yet at the Euros? possible targets?

Couple of young Swedish ones in the crowd last night and of course Villa! :pac::pac::pac:

There was one unreal shot of 3 Sweedes.....2 blondes and a brunette in the middle....stunners!!!

argh, i had to turn the game off, was boring me to tears! missed the Sweedish hotties :mad:

ah Villa was mentioned before the Euros began.

seriously i havent noticed alot of talent id like at the club. quality hasnt been great in fairness, hopefully things will improve when the rubbish has been disposed of

argh, i had to turn the game off, was boring me to tears! missed the Sweedish hotties :mad:

ah Villa was mentioned before the Euros began.

seriously i havent noticed alot of talent id like at the club. quality hasnt been great in fairness, hopefully things will improve when the rubbish has been disposed of

Maybe David Silva.

Edit:

Maybe Not On June 21, 2007, Silva signed a seven-year contract at Valencia, further cementing his place as one of the club's leading players

yeah he looks like a prospect alright.

played well yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Engelarr in centre mid for hollland looked Viera like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Boggles wrote: »
    Maybe David Silva.

Edit:

Maybe Not On June 21, 2007, Silva signed a seven-year contract at Valencia, further cementing his place as one of the club's leading players

Since when does contracts matter these days;)

I don't think there will be many major surprise finds, so much soccer on every week we are more than familiar with what is on offer.

16 teams, the only ones I wouldn't be overly familiar with are Russia, Czech Republic, Austria...and they don't look up to much.

Smegball wrote: »
    Since when does contracts matter these days;)

True, I had a rant about it a couple of months ago....

Austria are very very poor

they wouldnt have qualified if they had had to go through the qualification process im sure, the Czechs are a team in transition and Russia dont seem to play well outside Russia!

i was hoping to see some new emerging talent but i guess there just isnt a wide enough pool that we dont already know about

• Advertisement

davy,you should really look back over some of the comments about him, they were comical! fans my arse
    Fair enough. Generally we've survived when we lost our best players - we survived Cantona, we survived Keane, and we'll sure as fùck survive Ronaldo. I don't want him to go - he's our best player - but if he does, we'll survive him ;)

I'd like to see Huntelaar get a run out - I believe I might have missed a few controversial posts about him too, lol. But I think he could do well with us.

oh of course we will, the club will always go on! i never doubt that

it was more a pop at the guys who will put a guy on a pedastal and knock him off it with one breath

davyjose wrote: »
    I'd like to see Huntelaar get a run out - I believe I might have missed a few controversial posts about him too, lol. But I think he could do well with us.

id absolutely love to see the hunter get a decent run out at this, dont see it happening but i would love it. everyone would get a better idea of whether he would be able to make the big step up from Dutch league to top class level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Maybe David Silva.

Edit:

The Valencia Chairman has publicly stated that both Silva and Villa are for sale for the right price.

The club is in financial crisis and it is also unable to afford to hold on to Joaquin who too will move this summer,

I am sick of coming on here and hearing nonsense such,
    and no this time I will not reply to some smug post such as

Linkage??

Go find your own it is widely reported.

Well someones up past their bed time!

The Valencia Chairman has publicly stated that both Silva and Villa are for sale for the right price.

The club is in financial crisis and it is also unable to afford to hold on to Joaquin who too will move this summer,

I am sick of coming on here and hearing nonsense such,
    and no this time I will not reply to some smug post such as

Linkage??

Go find your own it is widely reported.

ok seriously, WTF is your problem? everytime you post you have an edge to it, you seem to be angry at basically everything, if this ****in place upsets you so much why not just piss off somewhere else?

and how can someone asking you for a link be smug by the way? its actually a common courtesy on this board that when we say something we back it up with a link to A. prove the info we have, B. make it easier for others to read the info

once again if you dont like it here, feel free to leave, every one of your posts reeks of negative energy. this place will survive without you, your not doing us a favour by posting here so dont feel obliged to stay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

kmart6 wrote: »
    There was one unreal shot of 3 Sweedes.....2 blondes and a brunette in the middle....stunners!!!

The brunette is from Sunblock (not sure if this video SFW tbh but she first appears after 19 seconds). She's with one of the Swedish footballers but I can't remember who. The blondes could be in the same group but again, I'm not 100%.:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOFMIiOaQE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

I don't think there will be many major surprise finds, so much soccer on every week we are more than familiar with what is on offer.

16 teams, the only ones I wouldn't be overly familiar with are Russia, Czech Republic, Austria...and they don't look up to much.

look out for Arshavin from russia (or anyone from zenit really) - he suspended now but he'll be back for final game of group (and beyond if they get a defence). Pavel Pogrebnyak their top striker got injured before the tourney.

I was kinda impressed with switz against croatia, didnt see the game last night but the conditions didnt help i'd say - they have some good players, barnetta, behrami, frei(injured now), gelson.

Arda Turan and Hamit Altıntop (bayern munich) from turkey are meant to be good. Arda scored the injury time winner last night - 21 years old.

On a utd note - anyone see Quaresma when he came on yesterday? Reminded me of nani a bit. Tried the impossible(being like ronaldo) and messing up. However nani looked like pele in comparison :) we dodged a bullet there - i know he's meant to be good but he's also meant to have the ego of fabregas, bentley and mourinho combined! It was him or ronaldo at the time apparently.

SSN news reporting mad Paddy has signed a new 4 year deal! great news!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3680835,00.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,449 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

agreed it a while back, but delighted it is officially signed now. Best LB in t he world for me.

yeah i heard about it a while ago, just glad its now a done deal, didnt wanna risk losing him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Thrilled with that

Best LB in the league, one of the best in the world.

Great news about Evra. A key player now for us. Irreplaceable given how good he is at both attacking and defending. Also Im amazed at how he doesnt play more for France.

Also Shoulder Chip, this happened last week too, we said it to you then, post a story, post a link, thats how everyone else posts. U dont like people asking you for links then go post somewhere else cos we'll continue to ask for links when stories are posted. Some of us dont have all day to filter through google searches looking for stories, when all u have to do is link it since u obviously have the link open to be reporting it. Lose the attitude before you're on everyones ignore list and your posts become pointless due to everyone having you blocked...

Dave! wrote: »
    Thrilled with that

Best LB in the league, one of the best in the world.

And he doesn't drink! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Confirmed on Manutd.com
    Manutd.com wrote:
    Manchester United is pleased to announce French full-back Patrice Evra has signed a four-year extension to his contract, keeping him at the club until at least June 2012.

Sir Alex said: “Patrice has been a key part of the Club’s success in the last two seasons. He's developed into one of the best full-backs in world football and his infectious personality has helped build the incredible team spirit that exists at Old Trafford.”

Evra, 27, was delighted to pledge his future to United, claiming "the last two-and-a-half seasons have been the start of a dream".

"It's a pleasure and an honour to be part of this fantastic side and to be coached by Sir Alex Ferguson and his staff," he said. "United is more than a club – it’s a family I am proud to be a part of and that's why it's always been a first choice for me.

“I declared when I arrived that I was coming here not just to play but to win, and United is the ideal place to realise such a dream. It's a privilege to play in front of our fantastic fans and I'm sure the success we've earned in the last two seasons confirms the history of this club and will be the start of something even more special.”

@Shoulder-Chip: that is how you post a story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

shoulderchip by name.....

Great news about Evra.

How Evra is not in the French team is beyond me. Excellent news on his signing.

One of the best attacking / Defending full backs out there, needs to improve his final ball thou, up that assist ratio - No doubt he will when we sign the Hunter, who hopefully doesn't get any games in the Euros and we sign him on the quiet.

I'm not so keen on Ramos anymore since seeing him the other day, he was shocking. Wrong to dismiss him on one match, but even during the anthem he looked awful nervous, even crying.

id absolutely love to see the hunter get a decent run out at this, dont see it happening but i would love it. everyone would get a better idea of whether he would be able to make the big step up from Dutch league to top class level

Ye I agree, but the fact that he isnt playing already gives me an idea.
    3rd choice striker for Holland??
    Not so muchos, gracias...

• Advertisement

http://tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=97894

You gotta love this, funnily enough this gives me confidence that he might stay. Ronaldo has got enough stick off the media and now, perhaps, hes giving it back. If he was moving he wouldnt joke about moving, would he?

Wishful thinking maybe........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement