Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2008/2009

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kryogen wrote: »
    For some reason, its just came back to me again now....why dont we sign David Villa? can anyone give me a real valid reason for why this guy would be a bad signing? he can score the poacher goals that we need as well as being a damn good player too

is it weird that im slightly proud of being the first to mention him on this years thread now he is having a great tournament? like that i got in there before he came to eveyones attention again :o

sad

So when C-ron hands in his tranfre request,
    will you still believe its all made up and not going to happen?

i think if Ronaldo hands in a transfer request, it would be pretty hard for people to argue with that dont you think?

if that happens im sure all united fans will accept that he wants to leave and will be leaving as its an official statement. i.e. not press speculation, like the speculation that he is going to hand in a transfer request

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

So when C-ron hands in his tranfre request,
    will you still believe its all made up and not going to happen?

Obviously if he publically hands in a transfer request it would have to be believed. However for me personally I always said that I wont believe anything until I see him standing in front of cameras and saying I want to leave Man Utd for Real. (I also would need to hear the question he was asked before believing it).

Until that day comes I believe Ronaldo will be a Manchester United player next year.
    is it weird that im slightly proud of being the first to mention him on this years thread now he is having a great tournament? like that i go tin there before he came ot eveyones attention again :o

sad

Need to post a link to that post. You could have just made it up.
    So for the one signing I want to see this summer is a striker. With Benzema being my first pick, and David Villa my second. IMO either would be a great buy.

Ya see.

EDIT: Sorry didn't know quotes had a link in them. :o

Tauren wrote: »
    I don't remember you mention Villa at all.

You liar.

LIAR.

i really hope that commo was in jest, i mean just cause you dont rememebr it doesnt mean it never happened, remember that time i beat your ass all the way from new york to texas? no well it still happened! just the damamge i inflicted on you affected your memory!

for your own legal requirements, the first time i mentioned him in this thread was post #1223 and thats on page 82

:p

Need to post a link to that post. You could have just made it up.

EDIT: Sorry didn't know quotes had a link in them. :o

you see the error of your ways, thats enough for me :)

lol, well, maybe 4 hail marys and a decade of our fathers actually ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,454 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i really hope that commo was in jest, i mean just cause you dont rememebr it doesnt mean it never happened, remember that time i beat your ass all the way from new york to texas? no well it still happened! just the damamge i inflicted on you affected your memory!

for your own legal requirements, the first time i mentioned him in this thread was post #1223 and thats on page 82

:p
    YouTube vid or it never happend.... :D

To link a post, click on the post number on the top right of the post. that will open the post in a new window, and you can copy the direct link to the post.

Just so ya's know.

thanks alot for that one Tauren, didnt know about that. that will come in handy me thinks!

the link in the quote itself normally suffices though doesnt it?

Ive run out of superlatives and words to describe the man so ill just post the link and say, genuine class is a rare thing these days, we have been lucky to have this guy and are lucky to have him involved in the club.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BF9E570E6%2D407E%2D44BC%2D800F%2D4A3110258114%7D&newsid=6611906

and then a mix of good and bad news

park will miss the olympics to recover from the injury, good news for us, bad news for him. shame, such a valuable player for club and country

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BF9E570E6%2D407E%2D44BC%2D800F%2D4A3110258114%7D&newsid=6611903

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

I wouldnt be surprised if Ronnie makes a statement today, the papers have pretty much run out of things to say except re hashing old stories and trying to put new slants on them because of the info they get from "sources" close to united/Ronaldo/madrid etc.

Spot on Kryogen, on sky sports news that cristiano ronaldo news conference coming up!

• Advertisement

ah same stuff, its actually a portugal press conference...
    he just said he already said he's not discussing his future until after the euros and he's concentrating on portugal now..

nothing new there so, on to other news then?

Guardiola has been quoted as saying Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Deco are not in his mind for the future, so im assuming this means all 3 will be gone, good news for anyone who wants to sign Eto'o!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3702260,00.html

actually heres a guy i would like to see signed over the next 2 years, by united obviously not Arsenal!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3701107,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Guardiola has been quoted as saying Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Deco are not in his mind for the future, so im assuming this means all 3 will be gone, good news for anyone who wants to sign Eto'o!

eto would be a great signing allright! should be interesting to see what happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

I think Eto'o would be an amazing signing and could work out to be alot cheaper than Villa or Berbatov.

It is annoying seeing player like Villa and Eto'o are possibly available, but that we don't seem to be making a move for them. I wish united would let a few leaks out!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

actually heres a guy i would like to see signed over the next 2 years, by united obviously not Arsenal!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3701107,00.html

He'd be a good addition but we don't need another central defender. If we get another right back, we'll have Brown and Neville doing nowt but bench warming.

Cover for Evra wouldn't be bad we've only got Silvestre and there's rumours that he could be on his way back to the Ligue 1 in France.

I'm looking forward to seeing Manucho in a United jersey and seeing the back of Louis Haha. Saha has been good at times granted but so unreliable with injuries. Who would buy him not sure but I'm sure someone would.

I personally don't want Berba at United because he's too much of a sulk. I do like Eto but I seriously doubt he'd be bought or considered although I could be wrong on that one.

if we let leaks out other teams start taking more interest, maybe start offering more money and they we either end up paying over the odds ala Carrick and Hargreaves imo, or we lose them cause another team paid over the odds ala Essien

much happier not to be linked with so many players

i saw reports on tribal that villas agent was in England to meet officials from united liverpool and chelsea recently..... there are quotes from AS but i dont know the credibility. it is tribal after all

He'd be a good addition but we don't need another central defender. If we get another right back, we'll have Brown and Neville doing nowt but bench warming.

I said id like to see him signed in the next 2 years, not now! id like to see him brought in when Rio is hitting 31 and Vida is hitting 29.....we will have to be looking to their replacements then. start making plans at least, although i wouldnt say they will be done by their early thirtys for sure anyway!

EDIT: tbh i actually do think we need more centre back cover with Pique gone but i think his developmetn would suffer if he joined now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

I said id like to see him signed in the next 2 years, not now! id like to see him brought in when Rio is hitting 31 and Vida is hitting 29.....we will have to be looking to their replacements then. start making plans at least, although i wouldnt say they will be done by their early thirtys for sure anyway!

EDIT: tbh i actually do think we need more centre back cover with Pique gone but i think his developmetn would suffer if he joined now

Completely agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It is annoying seeing player like Villa and Eto'o are possibly available, but that we don't seem to be making a move for them. I wish united would let a few leaks out!

I'd be 100% sure Ferguson knows who he wants, as soon as the Euro's are finished you'll see some activity.

Boggles wrote: »
    I'd be 100% sure Ferguson knows who he wants, as soon as the Euro's are finished you'll see some activity.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Exactly wait for the Euros to finish and see what happens then. I wouldnt be surprised if we raid Blackburn for Santa Cruz and Bentley.

They won't go for anyone till after the euro's..Clubs are going to wait to sell players till after the euro's cause if they perform well they'll be able to get a lot more for the player..
    be patient and enjoy the euros and let the transfer rush begin once it ends..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Ha nonsense report in Spanish Newspaper claims inter wil hijack Ronaldo's move to Madrid
    http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=740102
    if only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Ha nonsense report in Spanish Newspaper claims inter wil hijack Ronaldo's move to Madrid
    http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=740102
    if only.

After Mourinho insulted him by publically slating his poor background and lack of education? i ****ing doubt it

indeed - almost as funny as Ruud van Nistlerooy agreeing with a reporter who said he had a great relationship with Ronaldo when they were at OT!

yeah I had a giggle at that, nothing else he could really say though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hunter scores against Romania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

hunters ****e, pure muck, no thank you very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

only1stevo wrote: »

robben had a bad game too, pure muck also???

one game doesn't judge a player. He got the goal that pretty much won them the game... my point is he contributed even if he had a bad game. That's what good players do. I'm not saying he's unreal but he certainly not muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Skud wrote: »
    my point is he contributed even if he had a bad game. That's what good players do.

True story! See: Cristiano Ronaldo. It's considered a bad game for him if he only scores once :pac:

Dave! wrote: »
    True story! See: Cristiano Ronaldo. It's considered a bad game for him if he only scores once :pac:

It will be strange to see how many Utd fans opinions of Ronaldo change when/if he leaves.

i promise a lot of people who denied his diving/bad attitude/going missing, will have their claws out.

football is a funny aul game

Would you like to expand?

His last 5 international games 5 goals, pure muck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Mr Alan wrote: »
    It will be strange to see how many Utd fans opinions of Ronaldo change when/if he leaves.

i promise a lot of people who denied his diving/bad attitude/going missing, will have their claws out.

football is a funny aul game
    Indeed it is.
    Same things happen at all clubs. Fans are but people with blinkers on who suffer from a distinct lack of logic.

Kippy

You also promised me Alonso was going nowhere, your promises arn't worth the keyboard there typed on.

Ronaldo could fiddle with animals, I couldn't give 2 shiny shítés, 42 goals and the best team in the world, I and pretty much every other United supporter have been smiling like Harry Kewells bank manager for months.

You also promised me Alonso was going nowhere, your promises arn't worth the keyboard there typed on.

Ronaldo could fiddle with animals, I couldn't give 2 shiny shítés, 42 goals and the best team in the world, I and pretty much every other United supporter have been smiling like Harry Kewells bank manager for months.

what Harry Kewells bank manager has to do with this is beyond me? :confused:

no need to be so defensive Boggles, i wasnt attacking Ronaldo, his ability, or anyone here, i was simply pointing out the hypocricy of most football fans, as Kippy picked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Would you like to expand?

His last 5 international games 5 goals, pure muck!

Yes id like to expand, he is the 4th choice striker for Holland.
    I watched the match tonight and he was crap, hes nowhere near as good as ruud, and didnt look like he has the potential to become as good as ruud.
    He was so poor, hes a weed, and his goal was a sitter.
    Hes 24, not exactly a spring chicken, I just dont see the potential based on 2night.

I would never judge a player on his performances in the dutch league, its a farce.

i wasnt attacking Ronaldo

You Sure??

Apologies, I must have picked you up wrong. :rolleyes:

Maybe mr Alan, I'm sure you would have and did feel the same when "Stevie G" was/wasn't going to Chelsea. People think with the heart sometimes. Ronaldo doesnt dive ten times as much as he did 2 or 3 years ago, he doesnt need to. If we get the a decent payout for him and he really wants to go then good luck to him...

What would worry me is that we want to keep the player and might still sell him. Thats what would be my concern. Madrid are a massive club, biggest in the world infact in a warm country with better climate/culture/way of living.. but it would still concern me big time if we bow down to these guys.

He was just using it as an example/simile of pure happiness. If he'd had said pig in muck the same message would have gotten across. Still confused?

• Advertisement

no need to be so defensive Boggles, i wasnt attacking Ronaldo, his ability, or anyone here, i was simply pointing out the hypocricy of most football fans, as Kippy picked up.

it's only utd specific cause it in the utd thread!

You Sure??

100%
    Apologies, I must have picked you up wrong. :rolleyes:

Apology accepted :)

Trilla wrote: »
    Maybe mr Alan, I'm sure you would have and did feel the same when "Stevie G" was/wasn't going to Chelsea. People think with the heart sometimes. Ronaldo doesnt dive ten times as much as he did 2 or 3 years ago, he doesnt need to. If we get the a decent payout for him and he really wants to go then good luck to him...

What would worry me is that we want to keep the player and might still sell him. Thats what would be my concern. Madrid are a massive club, biggest in the world infact in a warm country with better climate/culture/way of living.. but it would still concern me big time if we bow down to these guys.

I dont think it's bowing to madrid... more like ronaldo. I couldnt care less if he leaves at this stage as long as it's out of the press... The only concern I have if he does leave though is anderson... I'm not as pushed with Nani as he isnt integral to the team just yet, but deffo could see madrid coming back for anderson in 2-3 years when he explodes more.

I just dont see the potential based on 2night..

Well there is your problem. Remind me which league RVN came from?

He is not 4th choice striker, he is unlucky that he has one of greatest goal scorers of modern football to contend with. 8 goals in 13 internationals, 4 as sub, so he is taking his chances.

Raul didn't make the Spanish squad, is he pure muck?

Maybe mr Alan, I'm sure you would have and did feel the same when "Stevie G" was/wasn't going to Chelsea.

Exactly, that was my point, it was about football fans in general. Liverpool fans about Gerrard, Arsenal fans about Henry, Villa fans about Barry etc

Peoples opinions on Gerrard/Henry/Barry arent as polarised as they are with Ronaldo, so the swing in the people who are criticising him would be a lot more apparent though.

if you catch my drift.

edit:
    He was just using it as an example/simile of pure happiness. If he'd had said pig in muck the same message would have gotten across. Still confused?

Oh i know wat he was intending to do. Use an example that takes the piss out of Liverpool when discussing anything with me in this thread, its a thread that was set a long time ago, an annoying one at that.

Well there is your problem. Remind me which league RVN came from?
    alsymers? :)
    He is not 4th choice striker, he is unlucky that he has one of greatest goal scorers of modern football to contend with. 8 goals in 13 internationals, 4 as sub, so he is taking his chances.
    more like 3rd.. he behind van persie id say - if you call him an out and out striker. Vengoor would be 4th
    Raul didn't make the Spanish squad, is he pure muck?
    yep... :p

alsymers? :)

more like 3rd.. he behind van persie id say - if you call him an out and out striker. Vengoor would be 4th

yep... :p

To summise your opinon would be Raul and Huntalear are muck.

Thank Christ your not a scout. :eek:

Exactly, that was my point, it was about football fans in general. Liverpool fans about Gerrard, Arsenal fans about Henry, Villa fans about Barry etc

To a lesser extent when Henry went, But if Liverpool had lost Gerrard they would have struggled, Villa losing Barry this season will struggle.

Theres the difference, If United lose Ronaldo, they won't struggle.

There will be no panic or burning of shirts.

To summise your opinon would be Raul and Huntalear are muck.

Thank Christ your not a scout. :eek:

errrm i was messing :) plus i never said huntelaar was muck :) god boggles you like to argue :D

• Advertisement

errrm i was messing :) plus i never said huntelaar was muck :) god boggles you like to argue :D

What the hell do you mean I like to argue???? :pac::pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement