Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2008/2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,451 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

regardless of any problems Cech is having, he is still a top keeper. I would also say the van der saar hasn't looked the same since his broken nose, far less confident on crosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Tauren wrote: »
    regardless of any problems Cech is having, he is still a top keeper. I would also say the van der saar hasn't looked the same since his broken nose, far less confident on crosses.

Cech used be the best thou. At 26 he should be improving not going backwards.

Van Der Saar has had severe groin problems and is 38 this year.

sprinkles wrote: »

And is Sheva leaving? Been very quiet on the rumour mill recently

£30 million, 140 grand a week, 2 seasons, less than 10 goals.

Roman is Rich not crazy, he will go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

He's also his mate....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Personally I'm really happy about the lack of transfer stories. It shows that the press have no ****ing idea what United are up to.

This could mean we're up to nothing (cause we may have no money) or it could mean we're about to swoop for whoever, but the important thing is that it is being kept under wraps so that Chelsea can't keep stealing our targets.

I'm still very hopeful of getting Berbatov though, I think he would be the perfect signing.

----

p.s. ****ing double baby :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

PHB is back!!! you've been sorely missed!

PHB wrote: »
    Personally I'm really happy about the lack of transfer stories. It shows that the press have no ****ing idea what United are up to.

This could mean we're up to nothing (cause we may have no money) or it could mean we're about to swoop for whoever, but the important thing is that it is being kept under wraps so that Chelsea can't keep stealing our targets.

I'm still very hopeful of getting Berbatov though, I think he would be the perfect signing.

----

p.s. ****ing double baby :)
    The deals being talked of for him are too high for me - 25million and Foster was the latest one i heard - no way is he worth that. I also don't think he is either clinical enough, nor a big enough physical presence to be the added striker we need.

Maybe he could perform a Berkampesque role for the team, but i don't know if Rooney or Tevez are suited to capitalising on that type of game.

Oh, and welcome back PHB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Welcome back PHB! Where were you? Exams was it? Go okay? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    PHB is back!!! you've been sorely missed!
    Oh, and welcome back PHB.
    Dave! wrote: »
    Welcome back PHB! Where were you? Exams was it? Go okay? :D

Lads, there's a distinct tinge of brown on yer noses ffs.

• Advertisement

We'll i was in the tanning sallon at the weekend, thank you for noticing.

We'll i was in the tanning sallon at the weekend, thank you for noticing.

Hardly? I'm nearly sure that's a bannable offence, off to check the charter! :D

you don't get cute wimmins like this without the FT baby. FT FTW.

http://www.blogcadre.com/files/images/guys2.preview.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

DesF wrote: »

hahaha :D

Yeh, Welcome back, i cant seem to find the brown nose emoticon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

PHB is a legend

yes, it is true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

good to have you here again PHB

talk of Madrid swooping for Ronaldinho now! if they fail to get Ronnie they will turn to him according to diariosport

easiest link to the story is here

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=98949

i suppose its positive news..................not that i would read too much into it, or even believe it myself tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

You're just jealous I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

how does that even make sense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

How does what make sense?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Anything, kmart. How does anything make sense?

You're just jealous I reckon.

Jealous of what?

I have my cronies, allegedly.

• Advertisement

Jealous of what?

I have my cronies, allegedly.
    Can you really call people who you've banned and just wanna get back on your good side cronies?!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Where do I sign up to be a cronie?

how about that hunt kid, whoah,
    Up eircom league etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Roma technical director Bruno Conti has unleashed a furious attack on Sir Alex Ferguson, calling the Manchester United manager a hypocrite after he poached one of Italy’s brightest young talents from the Giallorossi.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=741496

The teenage totti,
    just don't google it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

I see Madrid are supposedly going to Manchester to try open talks with United with the offer of £50m+Robinho. F**k that make it £50m+Sneijder if Real want Ronaldo that badly they'll gives us Sneijder.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Can you really call people who you've banned and just wanna get back on your good side cronies?!;)
    :confused:

I don't think I've banned anyone apart from spammers, and numpties who post about TV Football in the Boards Team forum
    Where do I sign up to be a cronie?

how about that hunt kid, whoah,
    Up eircom league etc.

:D

Very good, you now are my cronie. Well done!

:confused:

I don't think I've banned anyone apart from spammers, and numpties who post about TV Football in the Boards Team forum

I was messing Des!

Anderson was taken off in the first half of the Brazil v Argentina match with a knock to the knee, didn't look too serious horefully not!

hopefully we find out something today - we can't afford to be missing anyone at the start of the season, with the fixture list we have we really have to hit the ground running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Papers reporting this morning that Queiroz is in line for the Portugal job, and that Ronaldo might leave if he does.

No doubt he's a huge influence on Ronaldo, but it'll hardly rest on this. Personally I'd be gutted if he did go to Portugal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

kmart6 wrote: »
    Anderson was taken off in the first half of the Brazil v Argentina match with a knock to the knee, didn't look too serious horefully not!

don't we lose him for the Olympics anyway?

• Advertisement

Papers reporting this morning that Queiroz is in line for the Portugal job, and that Ronaldo might leave if he does.

No doubt he's a huge influence on Ronaldo, but it'll hardly rest on this. Personally I'd be gutted if he did go to Portugal.
    I'm slowly coming around to the idea of having Carlos as a replacment for Fergie when he retires. Initially I thought his influence on the 1 up front tactics in Europe was reason enough to look elsewhere but reading a bit about his coaching approach and his obvious repore with the portugese/brazilian lads, I think it would be a big loss if he left.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=99139

Brazil team doctors insist a knee injury suffered by Manchester United midfielder Anderson is not serious.

Manchester United were left sweating over the fitness of midfielder Anderson after he was stretchered off during Brazil's clash with Argentina.

But Brazil medical chief Jose Luis Runco insisted Anderson had only suffered a minor "twist" to his left knee, though more will be known once he undergoes a MRI scan this morning.

Hopefully the prognosis holds true, should find out something tonight or tomorrow at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Brazil team doctors insist a knee injury suffered by Manchester United midfielder Anderson is not serious.

Manchester United were left sweating over the fitness of midfielder Anderson after he was stretchered off during Brazil's clash with Argentina.

But Brazil medical chief Jose Luis Runco insisted Anderson had only suffered a minor "twist" to his left knee, though more will be known once he undergoes a MRI scan this morning.

Hopefully the prognosis holds true, should find out something tonight or tomorrow at some point.
    Thats good news. :)

Its not bad looking although I always reserve judgement on jerseys till I see them in the flesh.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Don't like it tbh. I rather the any of the black kits they had throughout the years... That red,white and blue look isn't for me.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Trilla wrote: »
    Don't like it tbh. I rather the any of the black kits they had throughout the years... That red,white and blue look isn't for me.
    Black jerseys ftw.

Just wondering, not having a go, it says the jersey is £39.99, how much would it be to buy in a shop in Ireland, in Euros?

Is it an equivalent price, or is there a massive mark-up over here?

they seem to go for the old sterling rate - about €60 i think - haven't bought a jersey in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I think the new away jersey is horrible..... not impressed at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

It was Mascherano what did him..... :mad:

United midfielder Anderson will undergo a scan today after injuring his knee in Brazil’s 0-0 draw with Argentina on Wednesday night.

Anderson fell awkwardly under a first-half challenge from Liverpool’s Javier Mascherano and was stretchered from the field.

Some reports speculate the 20-year-old may have suffered cruciate ligament damage, while others claim it’s nothing more than a twist. Brazil’s medical staff are expected to make a full assessment on Thursday.

The draw leaves Brazil with nine points from their first six World Cup qualifiers, in fourth position behind Colombia, Argentina and surprise leaders Paraguay.

I see Evra had abit of a scuffle with Viera the other night. The battle of the Paddys! :D :pac:
    Even Ruud had a pop at him, between Keane, Neville, Ruud and Evra, Viera must hate comming up against current or ex Utd players! :)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/international/euro_2008/article4167791.ece

For anyone thats interested...

Brazil Team: Julio César, Juan, Maicon, Gilberto, Lucio, Miniero, Gilberto Silva, Julio Cesar Baptista, Anderson, Adriano, Robinho.

Brazil Substitutes: Doni, Luis Fabiano, Josué, Daniel Alves, Thiago Silva, Alexandre Pato, Diego.

Brazil Head Coach: Dunga.

Argentina Team: Roberto Abbondanzieri, Javier Zanetti, Gabriel Heinze, Jonás Gutiérrez, Fabricio Coloccini, Nicolas Burdisso, Juan Riquelme, Julio Ricardo Cruz, Javier Mascherano, Fernando Gago, Lionel Messi.

Argentina Substitutes: Sebastián Battaglia, Jonathan Bottinelli, Juan Carrizo, Rodrigo Palacio, Gonzalo Javier Rodriguez, Maxi Rodriguez, Sergio Leonel Aguero.

Argentina Head Coach: Alfio Basile.

Vieira in another fight with a guy half his size?!? :rolleyes:

have to say, watchin the Ruskies last night that once again I was impressed with Arshavin, he'd be a super player for us given his "team player" qualities , his drive, vision and ability. Id love to see him linking up with Rooney or Tevez...

Wasnt it that or a blue one? IIRC the blue one was lovely the white was minge, and theyve gone with the white... :(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I don't think the jersey is horrible - just think its fairly bland. Not much to it.

+1

Horrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Said it after the greece match and sayin it again, russia are brill, especially Anyukov at right back,Arshavin and Pavlyuchenko,who if he could become a better finisher would slot into our team perfectly.

Vieira in another fight with a guy half his size?!? :rolleyes:

have to say, watchin the Ruskies last night that once again I was impressed with Arshavin, he'd be a super player for us given his "team player" qualities , his drive, vision and ability. Id love to see him linking up with Rooney or Tevez...

Well, word is he is definately going somewhere, why not here, we havn't had a Russian in a while and he was pretty good.

Milan have revealed that they are not in talks with either Samuel Eto'o or Didier Drogba, and insist that Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor is their only striking target.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3710259,00.html

Im remaining hopefull Eto'o could be one of our hush hush signings! :) Someone has got to sign him, just get Inter out of the frame and we are all clear!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement