Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2008/2009

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Anyukov would be a great addition to right back IMO, would love Arshavin aswell, don't see it happening though, Fergie would no doubt rather splash the cash on Berbatov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Wasnt it that or a blue one? IIRC the blue one was lovely the white was minge, and theyve gone with the white... :(

is the black jersey the 3rd now??? They only brought it in last year and think there is a rule that can only change jersey after 2 years min.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Skud wrote: »
    is the black jersey the 3rd now??? They only brought it in last year and think there is a rule that can only change jersey after 2 years min.
    Yeah Id presume so. I was looking to buy that black jersey the last few weeks and I have to say its very hard to find (outside Dublin may I add).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Have they got rid of third jersey all togther? Not even shown in the mega store? Just the home and new away and champions league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,921 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

There's usually 3 jerseys

Home
    First Away
    Second away

They have to last for 2 seasons each, they rotate the away jerseys so there is a new first away jersey every year. Like, we saw the old white jersey a few times this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Another new jersey after bringing out two last year, two the year before...ffs

The black one is absolutely unreal. I love that jersey, red, white and blue isn't the best idea in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,452 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

sprinkles wrote: »
    I'm slowly coming around to the idea of having Carlos as a replacment for Fergie when he retires. Initially I thought his influence on the 1 up front tactics in Europe was reason enough to look elsewhere but reading a bit about his coaching approach and his obvious repore with the portugese/brazilian lads, I think it would be a big loss if he left.

I was, and am of te same opinion as yourself.

Initially i would have wanted anyone BUT Carlos as the next manager, but at this point I think we need to do everything we can to keep him at this point.

Anderson, Nani, Manucho all seem to be CQ signings, our formation and tactics seem to be heavily influenced by him and we know he is responsible for training, and the medical side of the club (anyone know what Fergie does these days??)

I think he will only stay if he is assured that he will be the next United manager, and if that will be sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Wonder whats the stats are re success / failure ratio when a #2 takes over from #1 ? It's a very tough task as far as the dressing room would be concerned.

Considering a coach or #2 would more often that not have a closer working relationship with the players, than a #1... #2 would need to take a step back if they were going to be the top man which would be difficult I'm sure.

I reckon United will go for an ex-player or another big name manager when SAF finally decides to pack it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Another new jersey after bringing out two last year, two the year before...ffs

The black one is absolutely unreal. I love that jersey, red, white and blue isn't the best idea in the world.

Ya I love my black one also! They do seemed to have dropped it from united direct... I'd try online if you can't get it whoever said...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Trilla wrote: »
    Don't like it tbh. I rather the any of the black kits they had throughout the years... That red,white and blue look isn't for me.

Not a fan of it myself, seen it leaked a while back and was hoping it would be a fake.

I'd take it over the new Liverpool away jersey any day though. It's Horrible!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

not mad about the jersey, they just showed some of the lads modelling it on MUTV, and speaking of MUTV, they just discussed Andersons injury, he is going to have an MRI scan but they dont think its anything serious. hopefully they are right

they think it might be a slight twist. he might even play in the under 23 game

dont think i want to see him play in the under 23 game but glad they dont think its very serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

kryogen wrote: »
    not mad about the jersey, they just showed some of the lads modelling it on MUTV, and speaking of MUTV, they just discussed Andersons injury, he is going to have an MRI scan but they dont think its anything serious. hopefully they are right

they think it might be a slight twist. he might even play in the under 23 game

dont think i want to see him play in the under 23 game but glad they dont think its very serious

yeah it didn't look that bad last night, he was playing alright too, diego could not perform to the same level when he replaced him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Tauren wrote: »

Initially i would have wanted anyone BUT Carlos as the next manager, but at this point I think we need to do everything we can to keep him at this point.

Anderson, Nani, Manucho all seem to be CQ signings, our formation and tactics seem to be heavily influenced by him and we know he is responsible for training, and the medical side of the club (anyone know what Fergie does these days??)

I think he will only stay if he is assured that he will be the next United manager, and if that will be sooner rather than later.

I remember reading about how after Fergie announced his retirement last time, the United board had picked out Sven Goran Eriksson to replace him. Apparently Fergie was furious over this and when he decided to stay, part of the deal was that he would have a say in his successor. This means I'm inclined to think that CQ has already been picked to take over. He's alledgedly rejected a good few jobs over the years.

i didnt get to see the game last night, but im watching the replay now, Diego was v poor against Paraguay too, for some reason he doesnt reproduce the form for Brazil alot

Adriano looks alot fitter to me though, as i said, i havent seen the whole game yet, just the first half so far. delighted to see Adriano looking fit again, great talent and still only 26, if he can put his personal issues behind him he can still make a real name for himself in World football i feel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Tom65 wrote: »
    This means I'm inclined to think that CQ has already been picked to take over. He's alledgedly rejected a good few jobs over the years.

certainly from an outsiders point of view it would seem madness for him to have stayed that long unless he had already been given guarantees.

Id say if he doesnt take the Portugal job when Scolari goes you could nearly be guarenteed he is going to be Fergies successor imo.

i remember reading an article in a newspaper a long time ago now, an interview with CQ where he was asked about his future and he mentioned the fact that he was getting older and he felt it was time for him to be number 1, if not at man united then at somewhere else, not in the next year or two, but definatly over the next 4 years.......

i have been searching for this interview but cant find it yet, ill keep searching for a while and if i can find a link ill post it

i think he must have been given assurances by the board and by SAF that he will get the job next, and that Fergie will go in an alloted time frame

the latter guarantee would have come from SAF im sure, i think the transfer of power is already in place since CQ is becoming much more instrumental in how we play, who we sign, medical, training, all aspects of the club really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Tauren wrote: »

I agree fully. For continuity I think it'd be very important, not to mention his influence over transfers. We probably wouldn't have Nani or Anderson without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

certainly from an outsiders point of view it would seem madness for him to have stayed that long unless he had already been given guarantees.

By the time Ferguson shuffles off, Queiroz will be too old. :D

Didn't Mr. Mourinho sign a 3 year contract and is on record of saying he will manage in England again.

Discuss! :pac:

• Advertisement

wouldnt particularly want Mourinho tbh

It wud be pretty odd alright.

How about Keane with Cantona at #2? Guarantee the FA would change the law and make the 4th official stand at the other side of the pitch. :D

Strange how this song came into my head at the thought of Keane and Cantona on the touchline, the poor 4th official wouldnt stand a chance! :D :pac:

lol, no id honestly want someone who understood the club and how it works, ahd some sort of connection to it. but also with the experience and proven ability to manage at the top level under the pressure it would take to be a united boss!

so not asking for much obv

on the Ronnie front, it seems even the twats are Madrid are saying they are waiting for Ronaldo to say he wants to play for them before they do anything with the club

on the plus side is does seem to put to bed the reports of Ronnie saying he wants to play for Madrid. they didnt happen!!!

the lad told Marca all we have at the moment is speculation, and until Ronnie says he wants to play for Madrid they will do nothing

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=99194

EDIT: to include another link to Madrid saying they are still waiting for him to say he wants to play for them http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3710115,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

neither would i! his tactics wouldnt suit uniteds game! lets get sparkey, im sure he'd be done with city by then! :D

well it will only be your own faults lads!

speaking about Huntelaar so much in front of Ro(ck)man!!

if the reports are to be believed of course, speculation is natural when someone actually scores

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=99188

• Advertisement

he only "jumped to the top of chelseas wish list" because torres, villa and kaka sed no to going to chelski!

i didnt actually realise he had sued the sun for libel until today, this was reported a good while back from one of their "sources close to the player" blah blah

does more to enhance the tabloids reputations for bringing you the truth though eh? :rolleyes:

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3711140,00.html

Ronaldo has donated the awarded damages to a charity in Portugal

fair play to him! shows he is not the moneyhungry f*cker people claim he is!!

Jesus, that must have been one slow news day at the Sun, either that or they are getting lazy about inventing stuff.

fair play to him! shows he is not the moneyhungry f*cker people claim he is!!

yep, again thats the tabloid portrayal of him, all accounts of people who have met him and that have all said he is very humble, well mannered, well spoken and a gentleman!

oh by the way, i watched the season review dvd last night, i have now decided that people are wrong when they say he doesnt celebrate with the team or thank someone for a great assist, anyone who reckons he just runs off on his own all the time and doesnt appreciate his teammates contributions should watch the dvd

film doesnt lie, he clearly thanks people and celebrates with them all through the season!

(never mind the fact that in all his interviews he was always thanking his teammates for helping him score)

im being a little over defensive of him these days cause so many "fans" are ready to demonise him btw

its not a man crush lol!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Just finished watching the season review there, great stuff ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

If Ronaldo sued the Sun for that why doesn't he go and sue all the papers that say he's done a deal or commited to Madrid?! The charities would be overflowing with money:D

Dave! wrote: »
    Just finished watching the season review there, great stuff ;)

yeah i enjoyed it too! the ole tribute could be a bit better/longer though :(

well made dvd though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I didn't actually watch that part yet, I'll give it a goo later probs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

I don't like it but I have heard we're going to have an all Blue 3rd kit for the 40th anniversary of our 1st European cup win.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

I don't like it but I have heard we're going to have an all Blue 3rd kit for the 40th anniversary of our 1st European cup win.

Whoah are you really Denis Irwin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Whoah are you really Denis Irwin?

Yes I really am Denis Irwin. :D;):p

looking good for an end to the Ronaldo saga soon!

quite happy Chelski have signed this Bosignwa lad, well able to run, but cant tackle or seem to not overhit every attempted cross onto the box

im beginning to wonder if im the only united fan online at the moment! :eek:

so, the Portugeezers are out, how long do people think it will be before we get a definitive statement about Ronnie?

• Advertisement

a week.

bosingwa reminds me of ashley cole

bosingwa reminds me of ashley cole
    His not as good a defender as Cole, good going forward doesnt look great defending though. One particular moment I remember is when Ballack cut inside so easily and he didnt even try to get back at him.

im beginning to wonder if im the only united fan online at the moment! :eek:

so, the Portugeezers are out, how long do people think it will be before we get a definitive statement about Ronnie?

Few days i'd imagine. Theres no excuse now.

knowing the way this thing has been going i wouldnt be surprised to hear something coming out saying he will make a statement when he returns from his holidays in 3 weeks!

Bosingwa hasnt impressed at all imo, he has pace but his balls into the box have been poor, and defensively he looks pretty poor too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

deisedevil wrote: »
    Few days i'd imagine. Theres no excuse now.

I'm glad portugal are out, lost what little respect i had for him before this tournament had started. I dont think he did himself any favours with all this paper talk and the slience. I think everyone knows he is going to come out and hand in a transfer request before monday i would imagine. I really hope we sell him tonight, he was throwing his hands in the air and everytime he shoot or pass or even get kicked, the first thing he did was look towards the giant screen in the stadium, loves himself to much. I dont think the best player in the world and he wont have another season like last if he stays and he he does go and at this stage i really hope he does, i dont think he will improve that much or do well in spain. I said before he will be back in England in three years max and playing for chelski or sooner. Good Ridance.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

knowing the way this thing has been going i wouldnt be surprised to hear something coming out saying he will make a statement when he returns from his holidays in 3 weeks!

That would be a good sign. If he wants to leave he really has to hand in a transfer request or at least say directly I want to go sooner rather than later.

I'm glad portugal are out, lost what little respect i had for him before this tournament had started. I dont think he did himself any favours with all this paper talk and the slience. I think everyone knows he is going to come out and hand in a transfer request before monday i would imagine. I really hope we sell him tonight, he was throwing his hands in the air and everytime he shoot or pass or even get kicked, the first thing he did was look towards the giant screen in the stadium, loves himself to much. I dont think the best player in the world and he wont have another season like last if he stays and he he does go and at this stage i really hope he does, i dont think he will improve that much or do well in spain. I said before he will be back in England in three years max and playing for chelski or sooner. Good Ridance.

Rant over.

I'm sick of people forgetting what he's done for the club. I won't forget all the goals this season and last. I won't forget all the bucks he's after winning for me. He's been a fantastic player for us and I will sorely miss him if he leaves.
    But he is one player, if he does leave we'll drive on regardless.
    We'll never die, we'll never die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think we'd be stupid to sell Ronaldo. IMO he's only going to get better, I don't see why people think he's not gona do as well as he did last season, if anything he can still improve his game.
    Fergie will tell him to **** off and he'll stay imo

I don't give a **** that he doesn't want to play for the club, tough ****, shouldn't have signed a four year contract.

Also I think the whole situation is amusing. Real Madrid have clearly been bull****ting, talking baout how they would bid 100 million etc, and Ronaldo bought into it. Indeed his quote was like I'll go if they are willing to pay United and me as much as they say. It's all about his ego. He wants to have a huge huge huge transfer fee.
    But Madrid were bull****ting. They can't afford 100 million on one player. They were just using his ego to unsettle him, hoping he'd come out with a transfer request, thus bringing down his price. But he won't do it just yet (partially cause of the money issue)

Either way, Madrid can't afford him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Indeed We'll never die and in vein of ROCKMAN:

COME ON UNITED

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement