Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2008/2009

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

stick-dan wrote: »
    Yeah bt come on 100million, that's ridiculous.:O

it won't be 100million, for the simple fact the credit crunch makes it very difficult to generate said cash, one of the reasons i think United might actually jump on the 60 million. But in the long run I think this would actually be a fair valuation. Consider Beckham, he was easily worth that in marketing alone, considering the amount of new markets he opened up to them. Ronaldo's younger, and already has a massive amount of hype attached to him. It wouldn't be the instant cash guarantee Beckham was, but I think Real would have no problem making him Beckham MkII in a few years. then of course add in his footballing ability, well beyond Beckham's imo... i think 100 wouldn't be too far off the true worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Boggles wrote: »
    There is?

I'm not Just talking about football, Ronaldo as the whole package. Can't name a player in my lifetime like him.

yes there is more to it than goals.

you cant name a player in your lifetime like him? unless you are 2 years of age, there is loads.

The other Ronaldo,Rivaldo,schmichael,Henry,Zidane,Roy Keane,Maldini,Buffon,Shearer,Shevchenko,Nesta among plenty of others.

now ronaldo is an amazing player, but he still has a lot to do before he can be regarded near the best of a generation. he has only had 2 good seasons! before that he was very average

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    If we offer him more money id say he will stay but I doubt highly they will give him the mad contract Real have on the table

the problem is really, nobody knows what Madrid are going to offer him in reality, they can talk big but they have to justify themselves too. they will need to think about the other guys in the squad and what effect any wage structure change could have on the demands of the guys already in the squad, its not exactly a place for small egos is it

i said some time ago that Ronaldo,from my understanding, wants an improvement on his contract, mainly the part that deals with image rights, he wants more of a % of his image rights because there are big plans to really from Nike to really push a CR7 range,and the brand CR7 is potentially worth alot of money so obviously he would like an improved image rights deal so he can make more money out of it! this was reported a while back and there is a link to the story somewhere in this thread, cant be arsed looking through it right now.

im getting tired!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mr Alan wrote: »

you cant name a player in your lifetime like him? unless you are 2 years of age, there is loads.

The other Ronaldo,Rivaldo,schmichael,Henry,Zidane,Roy Keane,Maldini,Buffon,Shearer,Shevchenko,Nesta among plenty of others.

now ronaldo is an amazing player, but he still has a lot to do before he can be regarded near the best of a generation. he has only had 2 good seasons! before that he was very average

Not one of them at 23 has achieved as much as Ronaldo, I wasn't just talking about football, at the risk of sounding homsexual "the whole package".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

kryogen wrote: »
    the problem is really, nobody knows what Madrid are going to offer him in reality, they can talk big but they have to justify themselves too. they will need to think about the other guys in the squad and what effect any wage structure change could have on the demands of the guys already in the squad, its not exactly a place for small egos is it

i said some time ago that Ronaldo,from my understanding, wants an improvement on his contract, mainly the part that deals with image rights, he wants more of a % of his image rights because there are big plans to really from Nike to really push a CR7 range,and the brand CR7 is potentially worth alot of money so obviously he would like an improved image rights deal so he can make more money out of it! this was reported a while back and there is a link to the story somewhere in this thread, cant be arsed looking through it right now.

im getting tired!
    Well if he does go to Madrid that CR7 brand is dead in the water because there is not a hope in hell of him getting Raul's number 7 shirt not to mention Real are sponsored by addidas. So thats another thing in Utd's favour.

Not one of them at 23 has achieved as much as Ronaldo.

thats why he will be more expensive than them all by a good bit.
    I wasn't just talking about football, at the risk of sounding homsexual "the whole package".

I know wat your talking about,

see point above.

i think i kinda know what Boggles means, (yes i do feel dirty) im not saying he is the best of the generation yet or anything like it, but even 3 seasons ago, you could kind of tell there was something special about the guy, he has improved every year since he joined, the potential he has i cant remember seeing in a player since the real ronaldo

hang on ive just noticed you included Shearer in your list......bah i have lost a measure of respect there

ok, back to the subject matter, Ronaldo has the potential to go down as one of the best ever, if he progresses in the right way. i dont think a move to Madrid is right for him right now, honestly in terms of winning trophies he will have a better chance at United, the English league gets great media coverage so he will get more and more hyped and acclaimed and win more awards personally and with the team i feel (hope)

if he moves to Madrid and the move doesnt come off right, which is quite possible as they are a joke of a club and were very poor this season domestically and in Europe, i think you can acknowledge the fact that he has a better chance of winning more awards currently with Man U.....

Madrid will still be there in 2-3 years, maybe they will be a great team again then and i guarantee if he is still performing at anywhere near the level he reached last season and possibly better then it in all round play they will still want him!

i was gonna go on but i dont feel the need, in short

It just makes more sense to stay at united right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

http://www.guillembalague.com/interview_desp.php?id=10
    Interview with ronaldo on Guillems website

Well if he does go to Madrid that CR7 brand is dead in the water because there is not a hope in hell of him getting Raul's number 7 shirt not to mention Real are sponsored by addidas. So thats another thing in Utd's favour.

yep and that was all mentioned in the article!

that Bryan Glazer was in the final stages of negotiations with Nike on this deal as a sweetner to keep him at the club and scupper any hope of Madrid getting him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

A winger scoring 42 goals is a once in a generation thing. Whether or not he's the best player of his generation is going to be determined over the course of the season, but a winger with his goal scoring prowess is just unreal, and I doubt I'll ever see a winger who can do that besides Ronaldo in my lifetime.

Last one to do it at United was George Best for crying out loud.

Ultimately, Mr. Alan, you are ignoring the ultimate fact, is that Ronaldo is under contract.

I don't think you honestly think that Ronaldo will not try and play for United once he realises a move to Madrid is impossible.
    We have him under contract for 4 years. That's a long time. In terms of his impact on our season, he pretty much ensures we'll be there or thereabouts in the league. That's worth at least 10 million a year, at least. As for his marketing value, considering he is one, if not the most marketable player in the world, he's worth at least 10-15 million a year for that.

There's 100 million easy.

The whole idea of Ronaldo going for 50-60 million is predicted on this assumption that once a player goes, his price drops. That only works if the club backs down. Just like Barry will go back to playing for Villa if the club refuse his transfer fee, Ronaldo will go back to playing for United.

The idea that his heart won't be in it is stupid, because we all know that he is driven to become the best player in the world, and won't spend a season sitting on the bench throwing a hissy.

Either way, the thing about Ronaldo is that I think he won't be particuarly disappointed to put a United shirt on next season. It's not exactly an end of the world scenario. His move to Madrid will happen. He wants it to be the biggest fee ever, because that helps make him the best player ever.

Oh, and I'll say it again in case you have not noticed. Ronaldo is 23. Zidane was 29. That makes a big big big difference to the transfer fees.
    it was never as bad as this before iirc, and as you said you managed to convince him once already, chances of convincing him again are slim to none i'd imagine.

Em, he said flat out he wanted to leave for Madrid. How is that not as bad as this? Also, surely the fact we've convinced him once would mean we are more, not less likely, to be able to convince him again?
    but thats not the way it works with players, you know this, he may stay the same ability, he may get better and better, he may disimprove-you dont know. i saw no indication in alonsos first season for us that he wouldnt maintain or improve over his next few seasons, why hasnt he recaptured that? football is a funny game.

Nobody knows anything. Just like I don't know which player is going to be good next year. However, we have we we always have, educated guesses, and that's what I'm going to base my ideas on.
    Ronaldo was in good form for parts of the year, but towards the end of the year he certainly wasn't up to his higher standards (maybe to do with the foot injury he seems to have)
    Also Ronaldo in assists last year dropped significantly from the year before, largely because of the lack of a striker who can keep up with him and get on the end of, and finish, his crosses. This aspect will change with the purchase of a striker.

I see no reason why Ronaldo can't do the same again next season, indeed, I expect him to hit at least 35+, and imo he will try to break the 50 mark

Otherwise our prediction thread would be just us saying, sure footballs a funny game.

---

Either way, if he wanted to flat out leave full stop no options he'd have said it by now. He's clearly playing both parties in order to get the best deal or the best whatever. We'll see what happens. Once Fergie comes back from his holiday things will get sorted soon enough I'd say.
    p.s. This focus on ROnaldo is great cause it means our other transfer dealings won't be noticed and reported on as much

this is one good thing i got out of it
    Guillem: You know that when you return to Manchester people will be upset with you

Ronaldo: But that will pass, a couple of good goals and people will be happy

Hopefully he means good goeals for united!

thats why he will be more expensive than them all by a good bit.

Considering half of them went for 5 million or less, yes!:D

To clarify, I havn't seen a player like him in a generation, I'm not saying he is the best player of my generation, but I have never seen a player that has literally exploded in such a short time.

He won't go for a 100 million because I don't think Madrid have a 100 million TBH.

Harpy wrote: »

that interview seems highly suspect to be honest, i can only imagine how edited it is!!

i mean this question and answer here goes against the rest of the slant he is trying to portray altogether

Guillem: You know that when you return to Manchester people will be upset with you

would that not seem to suggest that he will be playing for united next season and that after a couple of good goals the fans will forgive him for the media circus this summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Harpy wrote: »

Reading that, he sounds very, very like he's leaving. It was like he's playing the "yes/no" game. Except it's the "I want to play for Real Madrid" game.

that interview seems highly suspect to be honest, i can only imagine how edited it is!!

i mean this question and answer here goes against the rest of the slant he is trying to portray altogether

would that not seem to suggest that he will be playing for united next season and that after a couple of good goals the fans will forgive him for the media circus this summer?

yeah exactly what i was thinking, and he said on sky news the audio was going to be put up so i'll wait till i hear that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

They compared to Ronaldo at his age?!

Guillem: What now, Ronaldo, we are expecting an announcement
    Ronaldo: Lets see in a couple of days. The tournament is over and I am going to reach an agreement
    Guillem: Are you going on holiday now?
    Ronaldo: I am going to have an operation now. I have had for three months a problem on my foot. I have been playing with pain. I will have an operation, a good recuperation and we will see after that
    Guillem: If you wanted to stay at Manchester United, why don’t you say it?
    Ronaldo: You will soon know what I want. You do know what I want and that is why I don’t want to say anything else. Lets wait. I want to give more details that is why I cannot say much more
    Guillem: When will that take place?
    Ronaldo: In a couple of days. I am going to give my opinion in two days. I am going to say what I want, but things don’t depend only on me, that is why we have to wait
    Guillem: Are you going to do a press conference, a communique?
    Ronaldo: A public note
    Guillem: Do you have to talk to Ferguson?
    Ronaldo: I don’t know what I have to say to him. I have to say what I want and what I think.
    Guillem: What you have to say, will that upset Ferguson?
    Ronaldo: It is my opinion, that is why I don’t mind if people get upset. It is my decision. It is what I want
    Guillem: When did you take that decision?
    Ronaldo: Some time ago, before the Champions League final
    Guillem: Is it something personal or is it for football reasons?
    Ronaldo: We were competing and I didn’t want to say anything because it is a very important decision . I didn’t want to say anything here because I wanted to be focused on Portugal. But now it is finished and I am going to say
    Guillem: Is it a personal problem or sporting problem
    Ronaldo: It is a personal thing. It is something I want, something I dream of.
    Guillem: And that your family dreams of too
    Ronaldo: That is true. You all know what I want. I cannot say anything else. In two days you will hear from me
    Guillem: Do you think it is going to be very difficult to get out of United?
    Ronaldo: It is always difficult. It is not only one person deciding, it is many people, but it can be a very good thing for everybody
    Guillem: Do you feel what you are about to decide is a step forward in your career, a dream?
    Ronaldo: It is a dream, a step forward, you can call it what you want. For me it is a great opportunity, and as Scolari says, that train passes by only once, and we have to take advantage of it
    Guillem: Ah, but thats not fair, Scolari is going to be the new Chelsea manager and wants you away from him!
    Ronaldo: That is why, he took advantage of his change, that opportunity, and other people have to take advantage of opportunities too.
    Guillem: Will the key be to talk to Ferguson?
    Ronaldo: I will do a public note and we will then see what will happen
    Guillem: Do you think your dream will come true?
    Ronaldo: I really hope so, lets see

Kryogen.....come one man.....its time to face the music i think. questions and answers present as well ;)

Kryogen.....come one man.....its time to face the music i think. questions and answers present as well ;)

we can always hope,im going to do what the media and take what i want out of that interview which is this

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

If he goes (and with Fergie around and full of hatred for Madrid's arrogance, that is a big if), where do we go from here?

Personally I think we should hold Madrid to ransom if they want their man. Hefty amount of cash, plus Sergio Ramos and Robinho. With the cash, get in Quaresma, and with the original transfer funds, get in Klaas Jan Huntelaar. You can't replace the best player in the world with just one single player, you have to make sure you improve the squad enough to compensate for his loss. An extra striker, a long term replacement for Gary Neville, Two young talented skillful players battling it out for wide right, you lose the best player in the world, but you're well compensated and would still have probably the strongest squad in Europe.

Nani, Anderson, Robinho, Quaresma, Sergio Ramos, Wayne Rooney, Carlos Tevez, Klass Jan Huntelaar.... we would have some of the most talented youngsters in the world. Probably all very unlikely, but something drastic has to happen to replace Ronaldo. You can't replace the worlds best player with one player, unless it happens to be Messi, which we all know is impossible.

Tom65 wrote: »
    Reading that, he sounds very, very like he's leaving. It was like he's playing the "yes/no" game. Except it's the "I want to play for Real Madrid" game.

but how reliable is it? how much has it been edited? again there is nothing on tape or on film to back these words up

the whole interview he tries to put a slant on Ronaldo wanting to leave, and then he has a comment that seems to suggest he is staying!

id like for the interviews recording to be put up so we can hear an un edited version and get the full story.

i know alot of GB's history and he doesnt mind bending the truth when it benefits him, he would be a somewhat creative journalist

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »
    Oh, and I'll say it again in case you have not noticed. Ronaldo is 23. Zidane was 29. That makes a big big big difference to the transfer fees.

:) of course i've noticed, why do you think that i reckon Ronaldo should go for 20m more?! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

wow he sure wants to go.

Video or Sound from now or it didn't happen.

im sure you know GB and his workings and methods aswell Al, but i can understand why you will take your stance, i would do the same if this was happening to a high profile Liverpool player

in this interview he says he made his decision before the Champions League final, if thats true, then the interview with him after the Champions League final (the one where he says he wants to play for Man U next year and that Madrid is a dream but its in the future and dreams dont always come true) would seem to suggest that he is staying

either way, you can choose to take what GB says as gospel and i will remind you of the fact that your an avid supporter of him next time he says Rafa is definatly taking over Real Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Were people ever in doubt that he wanted to go? It's been clear since the start of the summer.

The question is over whether United will let him go, and if so for how much. Personally I think the reason Madrid have been pussy footing around is because that they can't afford the sort of prices that Ronaldo is worth, which is in the 80+ category. As such, they are hoping a declaration from Ronaldo will ease matters and he'll go for cheaper, but personally I'm not entirely convinced.

No point in getting stressed about it, either way, Ronaldo, or 2/3 new top class players, and we'll be just as good next year.
    Ronaldo papered over the cracks in our squad this year, no doubt about that, specifically our lack of a top quality 2nd winger and the lack of an out and out striker. This should be fixed this summer though so I'm not hugely worried.

Just like to add, Nani did more tonight in 15 minutes than Simao for the whole tournament, I would be not be happy of I were a Chelsea fan. Apart from a fragile Terry, that was the guts of the Chelsea defense playing tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Good post Mr.Alan

I dont think he wants to stay
    Ronaldo: You will soon know what I want. You do know what I want and that is why I don’t want to say anything else. Lets wait. I want to give more details that is why I cannot say much more

That really took my attention.I think he definitly want to go.Again good post Mr.Alan.

wow he sure wants to go.

if he wants to go that badly why has he not come out and said it? its real easy to do, even in that "interview" which will be championed and referenced by the guys who want him gone/think hes gone camp, there isnt a sentence where he says, i want to leave manchester united

but how reliable is it? how much has it been edited? again there is nothing on tape or on film to back these words up

the whole interview he tries to put a slant on Ronaldo wanting to leave, and then he has a comment that seems to suggest he is staying!

id like for the interviews recording to be put up so we can hear an un edited version and get the full story.

i know alot of GB's history and he doesnt mind bending the truth when it benefits him, he would be a somewhat creative journalist

absolute bull**** man, there is only so much something can be edited!

GB is not making up an interview, or making up quotes from Ronaldo, its one thing to accuse some unknown brazilian journalist of making up quotes and not publishing questions, but GB is probably the most respected sports journalist when it comes to spanish football.

i really think you are deluding yourself beyond belief, wat more do you want? you gave out Terra wasnt reliable, then you get GB, you gave out Terra didnt publish the questions, GB did....i think it'll take ronaldo sitting on your lap and whispering it into your ear before you'll believe wat everyone else already knows, he wants to leave. zero doubt about it.

perhaps Utd wont let him, so PHB may have a point there, i dont know, but he definately wants to leave.

the comment about the goals was strange, i figured he must mean that as soon as there is a few good goals at OT next season, they'll forget all about him.
    PHB wrote: »
    Were people ever in doubt that he wanted to go? It's been clear since the start of the summer.

not for kryogen and a few other hardcore ronaldo fans :)

and maybe he does mean that, i doubt it though, i have heard alot of bull**** from GB before and i just dont trust anything he says anymore! the quotes can easily be paraphrased, taken out of context, shortened, put in a different order, there is all manner of things that can be done. its not relevant anyway!

i am giving you my opinion that until i hear the club or ronaldo himself with an official document saying he wants to or is leaving the club i will keep faith.

if he goes so be it, i will have been wrong, the world wont end. but i dont change my horse during the middle of a race and i dont get swayed by unofficial reports and sensationalist journalism

i can put my own slant on the interivew but i really dont have that much time on my hands!

the guy from Terra was bogus, and he was proven bogus......if Ronaldo makes a statement in the next few days commiting himself to Manchester GB will already have a back up plan for when he is asked about that interview

i would disagree with PHB on the matter, i dont think it has been clear at all that he wants to go, i think it has been clear that he has been considering his options and has been tempted by a move, but not decided on whether he wanted to leave or not. considering his options and wanting to leave are different to me anyway, i am sure he has been considering his future. i am sure he hasnt wanted to go since the start of the summer and dont really know how you could definitively draw that conclusion

opinions are like arseholes after all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

and maybe he does mean that, i doubt it though, i have heard alot of bull**** from GB before and i just dont trust anything he says anymore! the quotes can easily be paraphrased, taken out of context, shortened, put in a different order, there is all manner of things that can be done. its not relevant anyway!

i am giving you my opinion that until i hear the club or ronaldo himself with an official document saying he wants to or is leaving the club i will keep faith.

if he goes so be it, i will have been wrong, the world wont end. but i dont change my horse during the middle of a race and i dont get swayed by unofficial reports and sensationalist journalism

i can put my own slant on the interivew but i really dont have that much time on my hands!

the guy from Terra was bogus, and he was proven bogus......if Ronaldo makes a statement in the next few days commiting himself to Manchester GB will already have a back up plan for when he is asked about that interview

Yeah of course ,but what other reason is there for Ronaldo to take things out so long.He wants to go and he wants it to go as smoothly as possible so he is waited till after the Euro's(until the real tapping up inquiry had quietend down) and now he is free to negotiate terms.It looks like he's going when the price is right.

So the bottom line is in the next few days we will either be close to a £100 million richer or the best player in the world at the moment will be lining out against Newcastle for the first game of the season in August. The club is in crisis! :)

even if Ronaldo stays at Utd, it will be out of his own greed. and you will still be wrong, i am not arguing with you as to whether or not Ronaldo will be sold, answer is i dont know if he will, but he definately wants to go to Real currently.

do you believe any interview you ever read? or do you think they are all made up?

if GB has made this up, i would expect Utd and Ronaldo to take him for every penny he has. wont happen though, you know why?

cause its not made up mate.

even if ronaldo stays, its not made up. he just wont have got his way or will have been blinded by the ££££ signs from the CR7 range.

GB is not right all the time you are right about that, although he is right about a lot, but there is a MASSIVE difference between being wrong about a possibly transfer rumour and making up an interview and publishing it.

I'm no superman; 100m richer/100m less debt.....whichever way you wanna call it ;)

lol im not saying its made up! im saying its heavily edited, i believe more interviews from journalist who have a good track record and who i respect then i do from gutter journos yes

the interview has been edited, some parts have been cut out, thats obvious.

full stops tell a little story of their own but lets not get into it ok

and how will i be wrong if he stays? my stance has been and has always been that he will not be leaving and that he is considering his options.....

explain?

ok well my stance is he is considering nothing, he wants his move, if he doesnt get it he'll either kick up a stink, or Utd will work this CR7 thing and will keep him happy in the £££ dept for a while longer.

but i am being 100% honest here, if i was a Utd fan, i would take 60m-80m for him and tell him to **** off and hope he breaks a leg in his first preseason for Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

We have him under contract for 4 years. That's a long time. In terms of his impact on our season, he pretty much ensures we'll be there or thereabouts in the league. That's worth at least 10 million a year, at least. As for his marketing value, considering he is one, if not the most marketable player in the world, he's worth at least 10-15 million a year for that.

There's 100 million easy.

David Beckham, despite being the most marketable player on the planet ever, and despite signing a 3 year contract extension in 2002, moved to Real Madrid for 24 million pounds in 2003.

Obviously, the situation with Ronaldo is different, but Man Utd aren't holding all the cards here.

What do you makes of the rumours that Real have offered to pay any fines that Ronaldo incurs if he decides to skip Man Utd's pre-season? This could go the way of Anelka's move from Arsenal to Real, and get very ugly.

you could have a point, i dont mind him leaving if we get the right money and can get the right players in.... its not a problem for me that he goes, i just dont like media circuses and in my hatred of them i contribute to them! very frustrating

you know i have just noticed one other question in that interview that bugs me

It is a dream, a step forward, you can call it what you want. For me it is a great opportunity, and as Scolari says, that train passes by only once, and we have to take advantage of it

if you put a comma where the for me is, and lots of Foreign guys speak like that, he could easily be answering a question about Scolari going to Chelsea, it would also explain why he mentions him seemingly out of the blue

and ronaldo has always said its a dream to play for madrid, why would he say call it what you want when he himself has always said its a dream? maybe he was actually asked, was it a dream of Scolari to manage in England or does he see it as a step forward in his managerial career

little things like that would make me think

you call me delusional, thats ok too! i have my opinion, you have yours. :)

its what makes life interesting

What do you makes of the rumours that Real have offered to pay any fines that Ronaldo incurs if he decides to skip Man Utd's pre-season?

oh please God wouldnt those rumours be great if true! they would almost make it worth it if he did it and they were paying for him!

it would mean Madrid were giving us money, every day/week, and getting nothing in return!

See how long they keep that up for

100m richer/100m less debt.....whichever way you wanna call it ;)

Debt, debt, debt, clinging to false hope that United are in some sort of crisis, I see.

Until I hear or see otherwise, this is the only thing that matters to me. A video of Ronaldo being asked if he is staying at United. His response, "I stay". Until further notice, there is no story.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7414182.stm

But, I do hope that Fergie is preparing a plan if he does leave. Better to be safe than sorry, we want our 18th title next season after all.

• Advertisement

ok well my stance is he is considering nothing, he wants his move, if he doesnt get it he'll either kick up a stink, or Utd will work this CR7 thing and will keep him happy in the £££ dept for a while longer.

but i am being 100% honest here, if i was a Utd fan, i would take 60m-80m for him and tell him to **** off and hope he breaks a leg in his first preseason for Real.

If! :pac:

Thats bull, fair enough if he does go then fine but to wish him to break his leg is a step too far. The guy has been immense for utd the last two years and without him we would not have been as succesful as we have been so if he does go sure it will be dissappointing but I will wish him the best (because he will need it at that joke of a club that is Madrid) and move on. We have been succesful before Ronaldo and we sure as **** will be successfull without him if needs be.

thanks for the vid bud, id forgotten about that, i think ill post that at the end of every post on the subject in future, the last official comment from are Ronaldo

Are you staying at man united, or are the rumours that your going true?

Ronaldo: I STAY

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7414182.stm

Also worth noting on that page is Fergie saying, if you want to put a bet on him staying, its worth making it a large one. TBH, the scenario where Ronaldo ends up in the stand and refuses to play is a non-starter. He has said he is happy, so even if he doesn't get his "dream" move, then nothing will change in that regard.

If Fergie is still Fergie, him being a vindictive son of a bee-ach, he will not go back on his word. "They think they can ride roughshod over everyone, but I'll tell you, they won't do it with us. We sold them Beckham, we sold them Van Nistelrooy, because we wanted to". Now, I don't see him selling the boy after that. He is the one person, more than anyone else who is the key to this whole mess.

Anyway, if Ronaldo does go, the grass will still be green, the sky won't fall down, and we will still be Champions of Europe. He will be replaced in the transfer market in some shape or form, theres no doubt about that....(No Jermain Pennants or Dirk Kuyts please...Oh wait, this is Fergie, not Rafa)

It will also be a ideal chance to show we are not a "one man team" as all the people of lesser intelligence than your average field-mouse seem to think. Could the real Wayne Rooney, please stand up....If Ronaldo does go, next season will be all about Wazza.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    No Jermain Pennants or Dirk Kuyts please...Oh wait, this is Fergie, not Rafa.

Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson etc etc etc etc

night lads!;)

just for the record, Sky and other places, such as L'equip are still reporting that he has said he had not made a decision and that he is undecided, so who you choose to believe is firmly up to you, but there is more then GB that spoke to him after the game

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3712431,00.html

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=99239

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/06/19/EURO_Por-Portugal_Ronaldo.html

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3712466,00.html

they all report the same story, that he hasnt decided and that he will in the next few days

just know he is the only one running the story as his version of events go, even sky, who gave him airtime to plug his site arent running with the same slant on the story as him

last post ill put it in for a while i hope
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...td/7414182.stm

EDIT: should have added the telegraph one to the list of guys who are saying he is still undecided! DOH!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

hes either ****ed up in the head and likes playing with peoples emotions or he is going to real madrid.I think il bet on the second.

I dont think it matters,it just means utd will have huge spending power in the transfer market and team is littered with other stars.

It would be dissapointing as a fan of the permier league that a top player like him feels the spanish league is better.

im looking forward to some official statements from the club soon on this matter, then we will all really know for sure what will happen! and we can finally start signing our own targets up, how about a bid of 25mil for Snjeider?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

balague is on ssn now,saying basically that he is defo going.The fee is probably about 75 million euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

if he moves to Madrid and the move doesnt come off right, which is quite possible as they are a joke of a club and were very poor this season domestically and in Europe, i think you can acknowledge the fact that he has a better chance of winning more awards currently with Man U.....

wat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    wat
    apparently the highest points tally gained in La Liga history is poor form...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement