Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2008/2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Oh my :eek:

U disagree?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

only1stevo wrote: »
    if Alex can drill it into him.
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'd be willing to bet that Mr. Alan's "Oh my" was more at the shocking nicknames given in the post, rather than the point of the post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Tauren wrote: »
    I'd be willing to bet that Mr. Alan's "Oh my" was more at the shocking nicknames given in the post, rather than the point of the post

Oh no, my god, my cyber ego is yet again ruined.

Some of you guys are sooo coool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Hey guys, like my new tattoo ? Kind of regret getting it now.

qmduwb0x9exwmafxcf5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

SAD:eek:

SAD:eek:

Its not sad, its cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Tusky wrote: »

qmduwb0x9exwmafxcf5.jpg

Looks like Frank Stapleton!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

qmduwb0x9exwmafxcf5.jpg

looks like a chineese player,
    i assume your joking?

looks like a chineese player,
    i assume your joking?

No. I got it done in some place in temple bar.

• Advertisement

oh fuck dude so sorry about that.
    that is some cunt
    what are you going to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

they didn't do a very good job imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

If Park gets his haircut, all you have to do is cross out the "RONALDO" part and you're in business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What's with the skull in the top-right of the photo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Get legal advice.

That does not look anything like him.

I honestly thaught you were takin the p!ss.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

im still hoping he is taking the piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He is taking the piss. He's a Liverpool fan.

Unless of course he had a moment of clarity...quickly followed by a moment of madness. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

arshavin is good enough to play for us regardless of height and age. pab is too, not clinical enough but could learn. the zenit striker Pavel Pogrebnyak is meant to be better than Pavlyuchenko but got injured before the tourney.... his dream is to play at united according to a russian fan on red caf...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Maybe thats wat they agreed last year?

If that was the case, why the hassle?
    Also, why would he sign a new contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3721944,00.html

this is a guy i would be interested in, big, strong, good shot on him, still young and coming into last year of contract so pants wouldnt be pulled down with the price!

i am not judging him on this tournament, i am judging from watching him for Bayern and from WC06 and all other times i have seen him play

always been an admirer of the pig farmer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

The only guy i want to see at Utd thus summer is Andrei Arshavin...he is ****ing unbelievable

Killme00 wrote: »
    The only guy i want to see at Utd thus summer is Andrei Arshavin...he is ****ing unbelievable

so you dont want a striker then?

anyway, SSN is reprting that one of the English papers is running with the story that Tevez is considering quitting as his future hasnt been clarified by United!!! and of course you can guess who is rumoured to be ready to take him off our hands!!
    Real Madrid obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Reports today are suggesting that Manchester United have agreed a fee with Zenit St.Petersburg for the transfer of Cristiano Ronaldo. The deal is rumoured to be worth £50m in total with Andrei Arshavin moving in the opposite direction. Manchester United's chief executive David Gill is quoted as saying "We are delighted to put an end to the ongoing speculation around Cristiano's future at the club, sadly this has resulted in us accepting an offer we could not turn down, we believe Andrei's performances have spoken for themselves over the last few weeks and we look forward to him joining us. We are sure confident Cristiano will agree terms and he can look forward to freezing his bo**ox off in St.Petersburg for the next 3 years."

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

kryogen wrote: »
    anyway, SSN is reprting that one of the English papers is running with the story that Tevez is considering quitting as his future hasnt been clarified by United!!! and of course you can guess who is rumoured to be ready to take him off our hands!!
    Real Madrid obviously

At least they're finally coming up with some fresh material :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Andrei Arshavin has another new fan in me. I would be happy to see him come in as I think he would be happy being third choice.
    I did think he was younger though, another baby faced assassin.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

kryogen wrote: »
    http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3721944,00.html

this is a guy i would be interested in, big, strong, good shot on him, still young and coming into last year of contract so pants wouldnt be pulled down with the price!

i am not judging him on this tournament, i am judging from watching him for Bayern and from WC06 and all other times i have seen him play

always been an admirer of the pig farmer

I'd love to see him at united too. He'd deffo add a creative and goalscoring element from the wings. He's got the quality and age on his side.

Podolski although ppl are saying he's not good enough etc, could do it too. He is someone that can score goals from the wing.

Apparently we are in for Van der Vaart - according to the player. Another scoring midfielder... Looks like a ronaldo replacement to me...

BTW that tevez story wreaks(spel?). They took that from notw. They said in the article that we have only 25mill to spend. Later in the paper they say we in for van der vaart for 19million. So where is this top priority striker coming in? According to them tevez is annoyed no deal is done. But if we are going to do a deal, it makes sense it's next january. Why pay more on wages when you have the guarantee you can sign him for a fixed price? It's just smart business... I'm sure they'll let the player know what's happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What is this Tevez shíte story on SSN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Tevez is hear for another year as part of a loan deal. I'd imagine that MSI want the money now so are creating pressure on United to pay it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I can see into the future now.

Ronaldo and Tevez leave, we lose out on our transfer targets and end up buying players that will be as successful as Djemba Djemba and Liam Miller. Then we fail to qualify for the CL next season, our debts start to spiral out of control and we have to sell everyone and end up out of the leagues!!!!!!!

I for one and am planning a mass suicide tonight, pm me for details if interested.

• Advertisement

Unearthly wrote: »
    I for one and am planning a mass suicide tonight, pm me for details if interested.

Thats smelly

Scolari tells Manchester evening news "Nothing Fergie can do to stop Ronaldo going"

again according to sky sports news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Trilla wrote: »
    Scolari tells Manchester evening news "Nothing Fergie can do to stop Ronaldo going"

again according to sky sports news

Just read that. I'm now totally convinced he is moving. I wouldn't believe it until there was something more solid come out. After what Ronaldo said yesterday and what Scolari said today I have no doubts whatsoever that he's going.

Lets just hope that they use the money wisely now and that the Glazers invest it rather than pay off debt. We have to get a very good replacement for him and a striker. Schneider said there's no way he'd leave, that's a pity, I really like him.

As a Chelsea fan I would love it if united spent money on schweinsteiger.

What i wanna know is why the CHELSEA manager is talkin about ronaldo? Tryin to weaken the competition perhaps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Another ex-Ferguson player joins the Premiership management ranks.

Ince confirmed as Blackburn manager.

• Advertisement

As a Chelsea fan I would love it if united spent money on schweinsteiger.

as a United fan im delighted chelsea buy everyone we're linked with ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

What i wanna know is why the CHELSEA manager is talkin about ronaldo? Tryin to weaken the competition perhaps...

you figured it out, genius :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

DesF wrote: »
    Another ex-Ferguson player joins the Premiership management ranks.

Ince confirmed as Blackburn manager.

We need to get Solskjaer, Giggs, and Cantona to take over Chelsea, Arsenal, and.... Spurs ;) Gotta get rid of the competition!

as a United fan im delighted chelsea buy everyone we're linked with ;)

you serious?

you are glad we got essien or robben?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Tauren wrote: »

you know me so well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well ye sold on Robben!

you serious?

you are glad we got essien or robben?

Happy enough you got Robben, saved a few £££ on medical bills, happy you spunked a **** load of cash on SWP, happy you gave us a nice hefty transfer fee for a guy who never even pulled on a shirt for us, happy you spunked more money on Bosignwa, All in all i have been pretty happy with Chelseas signings yes, Essien is the only one id like in the united team tbh, dont really have room for anyone else

yeah well we will see this time next year when Mikel is an all-time great he was my favourite player under Mourinho towards the end, and I'm sure big Phil will realise his potential.

Bosingwa is a player I'm sure you would be glad to sign despite his lacklustre showing in the euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

yeah well we will see this time next year when Mikel is an all-time great

Rofl :pac::pac::pac:

I'm serious il put it in my sig.

The new Chelsea manager has already rubbed the PFA up the wrong way! Gordan Taylor had a pop at him in a newspaper today for his possible role in the transfer debate.

oh shit no how unfortunate

yeah well we will see this time next year when Mikel is an all-time great he was my favourite player under Mourinho towards the end, and I'm sure big Phil will realise his potential.

Bosingwa is a player I'm sure you would be glad to sign despite his lacklustre showing in the euros.

honestly, i think Mikel has talent, but seems to have the wrong attitude and tbh, will always be a poor mans Makelele in fairness. EDIT: its also pretty hard to be an "all time great" in one year

Bosingwa? no, never wanted him, and it puzzles me as to why Chelsea wanted him (besides united being in for him) since you already have Ferreira at the club, the guy who kept Bosingwa out of the team at Porto

then again, maybe you do need 4 right backs these days

Yep less of the trolling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Shoulderchip, only im allowed troll in this thread :cool:

;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement