Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2008/2009

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Shoulderchip, im the only troll allowed in this thread

QFT!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Can I just say...please sell Ronaldo...but please sell them to Barcelona instead of Real Madrid...surely that can be done????

I'm sick of him...if he wants to go out, let him go out...but he has to realise that Real Madrid won most of their European Cups in the 50's and 60's!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Mikel was the best 12m we ever got tbh, terrible terrible attitude and was vastly overrated when the war went on to get him, I'll be shocked if he ever mounts to anything great.

cheesedude wrote: »
    Can I just say...please sell Ronaldo...but please sell them to Barcelona instead of Real Madrid...surely that can be done????

Not if Barca dont particularly want him! they have publicly said they dont want a Ronaldo type player....im sure they wouldnt say no, but they wouldnt pay the money we want

when is this bloody announcement ever going to be made! :mad: im sure 2 or 3 days have passed!

From what I have seen, Mikel looks like he has some serious potential...a deadly first touch, great tackler and a good eye for the pass...can't remember if he can shoot or not...but he looks like he could be better than Makelele one day...

Smegball wrote: »
    Mikel was the best 12m we ever got tbh, terrible terrible attitude and was vastly overrated when the war went on to get him, I'll be shocked if he ever mounts to anything great.

yep, pretty much what i said, great bit of business by the club

kryogen wrote: »
    Not if Barca dont particularly want him! they have publicly said they dont want a Ronaldo type player....im sure they wouldnt say no, but they wouldnt pay the money we want

when is this bloody announcement ever going to be made! :mad: im sure 2 or 3 days have passed!

Yeah it's really dragging on...wish Ferguson would come out and say something...

You can really lose track of all the quotes etc the media are saying...i mean, is any of this **** true?

When United won the CL, UTV asked Ronaldo if he was staying or going and he said he was staying.

From what I have seen, Mikel looks like he has some serious potential...a deadly first touch, great tackler and a good eye for the pass...can't remember if he can shoot or not...but he looks like he could be better than Makelele one day...

hold up now! are you talking about Makelele now? or Makelele in his prime, im certain Mikel will never touch him in his prime!

Since his age is catching him Mikel could reach a better level then what Makelele is at right now, but thats as optomistic as i would be about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

did he not say somethig like he's happy to stay,
    he did not say he was staying.

• Advertisement

hold up now! are you talking about Makelele now? or Makelele in his prime, im certain Mikel will never touch him in his prime!

Since his age is catching him Mikel could reach a better level then what Makelele is at right now, but thats as optomistic as i would be about him

Well Towards the end of the campions league campaign 06-07 Mourinho was playing Mikel in all the big matches and makelele in the premiership,
    it was the consensus that he dropped makelele for mikel.

he is still very very young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Smegball wrote: »

Mikel seems to have some seriously f*cked up influences over him. i'd hazard that had Fergy taken him he could have insulated him properly and given the attention he needs to find his form. At Chelsea he seems to have been basically abandoned by all an sundry and thrown into the deep end with little care for whether he actually succeeds or not. I certainly felt Mourinho in particular had no interest in properly cultivating his talents (was he another Arnesen buy thrust on him?). It's a pity because he does have talent, have seen similar amounts paid for less potential tbh. I just think Chelsea have ****ed up on him.

Did you see makelele play much when he was the age Mikel is now?
    he was playing for nantes.

Yeah it's really dragging on...wish Ferguson would come out and say something...

You can really lose track of all the quotes etc the media are saying...i mean, is any of this **** true?

When United won the CL, UTV asked Ronaldo if he was staying or going and he said he was staying.

Fergie is still on holiday and refusing to break it! typical Alex though, you gotta love him!

did he not say somethig like he's happy to stay,
    he did not say he was staying.

no your just wrong here, he said on at least two separate occasions he was staying

at the PFA awards the question was

Are you going to stay in manchester or are the rumours about you and Madrid true,

he said I STAY, if you would care to go back a few pages you can get a link to that televised interview. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Player who has questionable morals lies!

the shock of it all! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Well Towards the end of the campions league campaign 06-07 Mourinho was playing Mikel in all the big matches and makelele in the premiership,
    it was the consensus that he dropped makelele for mikel.

he is still very very young.

are you confusing consensus with your opinion?

anyways, no i didnt see alot of Makelele when played in France but i saw a hell of a lot of him when he was at Madrid, in his prime, the man was amazing. best holding midfielder we have ever seen. if Mikel is to surpass that, he will go down as the best holding midfielder to ever play the game.

id bet alot of money against it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There are better DMs in the PL than Obi Mikel.

Mascherano and Hargo for definite.

Player who has questionable morals lies!

the shock of it all! :rolleyes:

do you know him personally? its amazing how anyone who knows him says he is very humble and well mannered, also quite religious, you would think that would probably debunk your moral issues with him?

anyways, i am sure he wanted to stay when he said it

he was told he wasnt getting an improved deal, he was annoyed by this, Madrid massaged his ego, turned his head, he considered his options.

thats hardly a crime

yeah I get you the point i was trying to amke is mikel is so young,
    Im sure makelele wasnt much better when he was mikels age,

yeah makelele is a ledgend

steve mcmanaman
    I think Claude has this kind of gift - he's been the best player in the team for years but people just don't notice him, don't notice what he does. But you ask anyone at Real Madrid during the years we were talking about and they will tell you he was the best player at Real. We all knew, the players all knew he was the most important. The loss of Makélélé was the beginning of the end for Los Galacticos... You can see that it was also the beginning of a new dawn for Chelsea. He was the base, the key and I think he is the same to Chelsea now

and the real madrid club president florentino perez when he sold him

"We will not miss Makélélé. His technique is average, he lacks the speed and skill to take the ball past opponents, and ninety percent of his distribution either goes backwards or sideways. He wasn't a header of the ball and he rarely passed the ball more than three metres. Younger players will arrive who will cause Makelele to be forgotten."

its amazing how anyone who knows him says he is very humble and well mannered, also quite religious, you would think that would probably debunk your moral issues with him?

where do the prostitutes fit in?

i aint saying he is the anti christ or anything,

but i think its ok to say that someone who has partaken in some of the nocturnal activities he has (along with a couple of team mates:)) is someone of "questionable morals"

• Advertisement

lol do you really think Ronaldo needs to pay women to have sex with him?!? delusion is reaching new levels my friend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

but i think its ok to say that someone who has partaken in some of the nocturnal activities he has (along with a couple of team mates:)) is someone of "questionable morals"

And so what if he has?

What are you, the bleedin' pope?

DesF wrote: »
    And so what if he has?

What are you, the bleedin' pope?

no, but its fair for me to call him someone who may have questionable morals without someone getting on their high horse saying "he's meant to be real sound, and religious, and humble"

fair play to him i reckon, but people shouldnt try and make him out to be something he is not.

fair play to him i reckon, but people shouldnt try and make him out to be something he is not.

ever consider taking your own advice?

what am i making him out to be that he is not? just saying it like it is mate.

i dont just mean that post tbh, its just your point of view on him tends to make references to him being a twat off the pitch when you dont actually have any first hand experiences to draw from! on the pitch you can call him arrogant etc, but off the pitch how can you know? as im saying, anyone who does have first hand experience say he is a gentleman

im not saying he is a saint, but i dont believe after 5 years under SAF he is a bastard. he demands certain things of anyone who wants a place at the club

i dont just mean that post tbh, its just your point of view on him tends to make references to him being a twat off the pitch when you dont actually have any first hand experiences to draw from! on the pitch you can call him arrogant etc, but off the pitch how can you know? as im saying, anyone who does have first hand experience say he is a gentleman

im not saying he is a saint, but i dont believe after 5 years under SAF he is a bastard. he demands certain things of anyone who wants a place at the club

ha ha ha working under SAF would just mean he was learning from best surely!? ;)

i know wat you mean, but i can only judge him from the way he behaves on the pitch and around it. and he acts like an idiot most of the time.

fair enough, just cause your opinion is normally wrong doesnt mean it shouldnt be heard :p;)

its actually hilarious to me, the Ronaldo saga i was kind of expecting, but who in their right mind would have predicted that the other biggest transfer story of the summer would involve a will he wont with with Gareth Barry?!

shamelessly changing the subject

OT! ban him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

The new Chelsea manager has already rubbed the PFA up the wrong way! Gordan Taylor had a pop at him in a newspaper today for his possible role in the transfer debate.

Fair play to Gordon Taylor for speaking out about this. icon14.gif

• Advertisement

Dear lord, trawling through redcafe is hard to stomach sometimes even as a united fan. the **** thats on there is unreal, im glad i never have cause to go to that liverpool fansite, im sure they are just as bad!

anyway, the interview with GB was twisted a fair bit, theres a vid on the net about it, links on recafe, and a complete transcript of the interview in Spanish or Portugeese and its translation into English

it isnt as one sided as GB tried to paint it, its pretty similar to the other comments lately, sit on the fence type ****, but he is hinting that he would be happy to move aswell as being happy to stay

being on there did make me remember one thing from GB

anyone else remember when we were supposedly in for Senna and Gb "had it from the player himself that he had signed a contract with Man United" lol

it made me laugh anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

being on there did make me remember one thing from GB

anyone else remember when we were supposedly in for Senna and Gb "had it from the player himself that he had signed a contract with Man United" lol

it made me laugh anyway!

i thought he said he had agreed one, not signed? if I remember wasn't it last minute arguments over the fee that broke down the deal? weren't those the days of Utd constantly trying to lower the fee at the last minute?

anyway, the interview with GB was twisted a fair bit, theres a vid on the net about it, links on recafe, and a complete transcript of the interview in Spanish or Portugeese and its translation into English

links?

GB?
    Gareth Barry?
    George Bush?

Guillhiem Ballague (sp?)

Guillhiem Ballague (sp?)

dont help the troll! he will go away if not fed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

As was said before, calling people a troll is something not looked kindly on. If you think somebody is trolling, please just report them. If you let people constantly call each other trolls, there really isn't much debate that goes on. Just report it. Also use the ignore function, that makes people go away for good!

--

We were in for Senna. He was our back up for Hargreaves. But then Fergie realised it was just better to wait for Hargreaves and take Carrick could do enough in midfield.

Fergie has been on a much tighter budget in the past few years and it brings out the best in him. Not moving for Senna and waiting for Hargreaves was the right move imo.

links?

unos momentus.........................

cant find the vid on youtube anymore, the best i can give you at the mo is a link to redcafe, the vid is there, and the transcript, but ill try when i get out of work to find the original source material

http://www.redcafe.net/f6/all-ronaldos-future-comments-speculation-204041/index246.html

argh just noticed the official transcript isnt there, the lad attempted to translate on that site but didnt do it properly apparently, ill get the links up later, im late for work as it is! sorry lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

lol do you really think Ronaldo needs to pay women to have sex with him?!? delusion is reaching new levels my friend :D
    Well Rooney did:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

well im not the best judge on men's looks but Id guess Rooney would be considered an ugly fella. and ronaldo anderson and nani had that incident with the hookers too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    well im not the best judge on men's looks but Id guess Rooney would be considered an ugly fella..

Well....

shrek_rooney.jpg

ah leave shrek out of this i love that film.

Aquilanni will shine tonight he will be todays Arshavin.

Ronaldo has formally handed in transfer request...

...only a matter of time before this clip appeared again, funny as **** though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Ronaldo has formally handed in transfer request...

...only a matter of time before this clip appeared again, funny as **** though

"dont worry we still have wes brown" was the highlight for me"

any alternatives for other managers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Am I the only one who has never found any of the Hitler things funny? Like there must be 100 of them on the internet, and they just never make me laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

I thought "hitler gets banned from xbox live" was incredable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Trolling is for girls...remember that folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

So what's the daily Ronaldo scandal?

Surely Fergie should be home soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Dave! wrote: »
    So what's the daily Ronaldo scandal?

Surely Fergie should be home soon!

next monday according to the papers... gill too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Brown is better than Ramos!!

There I said it! :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.