Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2008/2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mr Alan wrote: »
    In fairness that was The S*n, they are hardly your standard newspaper.

No they are pretty Standard.

i would take a messi or a kaka anyday over him.

You would take constantly injured and under performing over a 42 goal winger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Boggles wrote: »
    No they are pretty Standard.

they really arent Boggles.

come on man, earn that sig!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ronaldo is the best player in the world for a league.
    Kaka/Messi is the best player in the world for a cup.

Both of them are good in the other thing, but not quite as good. For me, the league is so hard to win these days, with 4 top teams competing with each, racking up huge points tallies compared to say La Liga and Serie A, that I'd say Ronaldo is better for United.

they really arent Boggles.

come on man, earn that sig!

There all rags man.

I have already earned that sig, so tough.:pac:

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »
    Ronaldo is the best player in the world for a league.
    Kaka/Messi is the best player in the world for a cup.

Someones been drinking!! :D

they are all rags-correct. but rags vary is just how filthy they are.

for example, this would represent the s*n

Dirty%20rags%20(akimbo).jpg

whereas, this would represent most of the rest

Box-O-Rags.jpg

the s*n operates in its own league when it comes to tack and sleaze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Speaking of the sun, how about this gem :D:D
    Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney is being lined up by Westlife to replace band member Brian McFadden. (The Sun)

Made me laugh into my cornflakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

IrishMike wrote: »
    Speaking of the sun, how about this gem :D:D

Made me laugh into my cornflakes

he has got the ruggish good looks - he's a bad boy who plays by his own rules... apparently that constitutes record sales these days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

IMO it's cause they've no money. They want Ronaldo's position to be untenable, so that we sell him for a reduced price (i.e. around 50 million)
    That's why they want Ronaldo to say something so that he just can't stay at United.

The thing is funny for me, cause Calderon is ****ed. He has to deliver Ronaldo this summer. The general feeling in Madrid outside of Calderon and Marca is that buying Ronaldo for huge money is a poor decision, especially with other areas of the squad that need work, not least defence.

If United play hardball for the rest of the summer, Calderon is going to get increasingly desperate

So that's what has happened now.

Calderon:
    "There is no 'Cristiano Ronaldo case' because Manchester do not want to sell," he told Marca.

"In any case, Real Madrid will never pay 100million euros for anybody."

He's hoping we get an unsettled player. Can't see United selling myself, so Ronaldo at United for another year it seems at least.

I'm hopeful that Madrid lied to him and said they'd pay 100 mill and his ego was wanted it and now he's pissed, disillusioned, etc. hopeful :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Ahhh Marca, you do know how to make stuff up :DI presume this is from a Real "insider".

Real Madrid intend to announce the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo on 7 July. (Marca 0819 BST)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Some Man Utd fans just cant accept Ronaldo wanting to leave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RsQg1dnwiY

Class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

So that's what has happened now.

Calderon:

He's hoping we get an unsettled player. Can't see United selling myself, so Ronaldo at United for another year it seems at least.

I'm hopeful that Madrid lied to him and said they'd pay 100 mill and his ego was wanted it and now he's pissed, disillusioned, etc. hopeful :)

Lol...there are none so blind as those who will not see.

Can you not see that it's end game time? Calderon is playing Ronaldo like a fiddle.

The only issue to be solved is when and how much. The wagons have already begun to coral, just look at the piece quoted above from the Guardian. A hack(s) sitting on a piece for 5 months at the 50th remembrance of Munich? What next......

There are only two things I'll miss about this whole joke. One, the carry on of so called "fans" over on the red cafe, and two the fact that this sh1te is distracting from the sh1te that's going on over at Anfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i have stated every time i dont think he is going anywhere this year, and i have had to repeat that quite a bit when the papers were talking up a move, this news thats been coming out over the last 24 hours is all slowing down and beginning to play down a move, it actually worries me more tbh!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3730046,00.html

oh and i forgot to post this up before, Scolari denying the "quotes attributed to him" about Ronaldos desire to move, he has released an OFFICIAL statement denying them. jesus i could have sworn somebody told me that quotes had to be true ;)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11065_3728619,00.html

kryogen wrote: »
    i have stated every time i dont think he is going anywhere this year,

With respect mate, you don't have a clue like nearly everyone else in the world.

People are forming opinons on what the rags have been saying. Unless I hear a sound bite saying I'm definately staying or definately going, I'm not interested.

oh and i forgot to post this up before, Scolari denying the "quotes attributed to him" about Ronaldos desire to move, he has released an OFFICIAL statement denying them. jesus i could have sworn somebody told me that quotes had to be true ;)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11065_3728619,00.html

Scolari has issued a statement denying they are true or that they were taken out of context or watever.

where is ronaldos statement?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Scolari has issued a statement denying they are true or that they were taken out of context or watever.

I'm guessing he can't or won't make one until Fergie and Gill return from holidays.

i know i dont have it as fact that he isnt going anywhere, i stated, as i always have, that I dont think he will be going anywhere, i have had to argue the case for that side of the coin almost alone! i can only recall alanmurphy off the top of my head as another guy who felt the same

i subscribe to the same opinion as you, i want actual confirmation one way or the other above anything and i think you should know by now my opinions havent been formed by the rags, though alot of others have!

my posting of links to skysports today was debunking the other "quotes" that skysports themselves were running with, in an effort to show people that just because they say they are quotes doesnt make it so, they lie, they twist comments.

i have been asked on this thread do i believe anything i read in the papers! i hardly think someone would ask me that if they thought i was a believer of ****e that gets pulled out of some hacks arse

EDIT: CQ was asked about it today or maybe yesterday, on Portugeese radio, and he said he hopes he will stay, and explained the clubs reason for the silence a little.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_3730572,00.html

lol we are also expecting an official announcement within the next 48 hours! pmsl anyone remember when Gary Neville was 2 weeks away from a full recovery? it seems like this Ronaldo announcement is always 2 days away!

:D

Ronaldo is keeping his options open though! Scolari has no need to do this :)

I'm guessing he can't or won't make one until Fergie and Gill return from holidays.

:) you have got to be taking the piss?

• Advertisement

lol we are also expecting an official announcement within the next 48 hours! pmsl anyone remember when Gary Neville was 2 weeks away from a full recovery? it seems like this Ronaldo announcement is always 2 days away!

LOL at that last point.

But yeah I am of the same opinion of you, I believe Ronaldo will be starting next season at Manchester United and will still be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Nothing I read unless it is an offical statement will change my opinion.

No, I'm serious.:confused:

Sounds like CQ is interested in that Portugal job, interesting times ahead perhaps?:)

And Kryogen; i do get wat you mean, but wat i am saying is that Scolari is following standard protocal for someone who has been hideously misquoted in the press, releasing a statement saying such. Ronaldo has not done this. Not about the Terra "interview" and not about the Guillhiem Ballague interview.

Ronaldo is still angling for his move imo. And with Utd having CQ and Nani coming out talking about how they hope he stays, it sounds like they are a little worried imo.

Fergie has apparently left instructions to refuse any offers while he is away, he has also publicly shown Ronaldo who is boss by not breaking his holiday to pander to him and try massage his ego to get him to stay, he knows how strong a position he is in here.

there will be no announcement till Fergie allows it is my opinion.

If Ronnie goes to Madrid this early in his career he could potentially end any chance he has of becomming one of the all time legends of the game because, with the exeption of Gago, there is nobody i can think of on that team who will be willing to do the donkey work for him and run themselves into the ground the way Tevez and Rooney do for him at united

He doesnt look anywhere near as impressive for the international team because he doesnt have someone sacrificing so he can shine

Sounds like CQ is interested in that Portugal job, interesting times ahead perhaps?:)

And Kryogen; i do get wat you mean, but wat i am saying is that Scolari is following standard protocal for someone who has been hideously misquoted in the press, releasing a statement saying such. Ronaldo has not done this. Not about the Terra "interview" and not about the Guillhiem Ballague interview.

Ronaldo is still angling for his move imo. And with Utd having CQ and Nani coming out talking about how they hope he stays, it sounds like they are a little worried imo.

:) but those stories change almost daily! today they are saying Nani hopes he stays, a few days ago they were saying Nani said Ronaldo already told him he was leaving!

I told you, Ronaldo is keeping all his avenues open by silence. the club have released statements, they havent said much because they dont need to. the last statement was last Friday wasnt it? Ronaldo isnt for sale. simple

and yes im sure CQ would be interested in managing his country.

would be sad to see him leave tbh, but i would understand that and tbh, he could take a shot at the world cup with them. then come back and be number one at united im sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Who says Ronaldo has to make any kind of announcement?

He doesn't.

No, I'm serious.:confused:

You think Ronaldo needs to wait for them to come back from holidays in order to release a statement saying,
    i dont want to leave, the interviews that are attributed to me over the last few weeks are made up, total fabrications....

get a grip al!

DesF wrote: »

He doesn't.

never a truer word spoken

the media and fans demand an announcement though so one will be made im sure

100% agree with your point though Des

He doesn't.

I was under the impression he had said so himself?????? Was it not 3 days....then 2 weeks...then after the tournament...then 3 days? Horses mouth, so to speak.

• Advertisement

You think Ronaldo needs to wait for them to come back from holidays in order to release a statement saying, i dont want to leave, the interviews that are attributed to me over the last few weeks are made up, total fabrications....

get a grip al!

He doesn't have to do that, all he has to do is turn up for training when he is told to.

And then play games.

He doesn't have to say a word.

He doesnt look anywhere near as impressive for the international team because he doesnt have someone sacrificing so he can shine

:eek:

Really?

He doesn't have to do that, all he has to do is turn up for training when he is told to.

And then play games.

He doesn't have to say a word.
    Hobart wrote: »
    I was under the impression he had said so himself?????? Was it not 3 days....then 2 weeks...then after the tournament...then 3 days? Horses mouth, so to speak.

as hobart has pointed out Des, he himself said he will be making an announcement on a few different occassions.

You think Ronaldo needs to wait for them to come back from holidays in order to release a statement saying,

get a grip al!

Yes I do because I believe he still wants a better contract regarding image rights etc. If he comes out and says "I dont want to leave" then the club wont feel like the have to regotiate with him.

So he has to talk to Gill and Fergie, get the better image rights deal which has apparently already been regotiated with Nike and Gill. Then have a nice press conference saying "I never wanted to leave Utd, all these comments have been false, I didn't want to talk during the Euro championships, and after all the specualtion I felt it best to talk to the SAF and the club who have done so much for me before saying anything"

End of story move on to the rest of silly season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3730046,00.html

However, Calderon insists the Spanish giants will never pay £80million to bring a player to Santiago Bernabeu.

"There is no 'Cristiano Ronaldo case' because Manchester do not want to sell," he told Marca.

"In any case, Real Madrid will never pay 100million euros for anybody."

i would take a 80 million

ronaldo is another Patrick Vieira in the making

trying to get a move every summer

as hobart has pointed out Des, he himself said he will be making an announcement on a few different occassions.
    He might have changed his mind.

Still, just because he says something doesn't mean he absolutely HAS to do it.

He is under no obligation.

• Advertisement

Really?

not sure wether you are taking the mick here or not, he doesnt look as good when playing for portugal! its a fact! i think hes an amazingly talented player. i also think he needs to be in a team thats set up to showcase his talents

You cant honestly say he looks as good when playing for his country as when he plays for united

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Really?

he never looks as effective without either Rooney or Tevez doing all the monkey work to make space up front. a lot of his goals are scored from space they've created by pulling defenders. that's why he didn't look as effective for Portugal, he was basically doing the same thing as he does for United only to run into defenders because Nuno Gomes is sh*t.

You cant honestly say he looks as good when playing for his country as when he plays for united

He has a ratio of 3:1 at international level, I think only 2 of his goals have came in friendlies, the rest have been in competitive international matches.

Now to say he doesn't look as impressive at international level is unfair. Look at the level of player around him, Portugal don't have any strikers, Simao is in the team because of reputation, poor Midfield apart from Deco, Shocking defense with a dodgy keeper.

Taking just the Euro's, he was involved in every goal up to the Germany match.

The arguement is there, that he has been more impressive at international level.

He might have changed his mind.

Still, just because he says something doesn't mean he absolutely HAS to do it.

He is under no obligation.

Oh...I see, you are just reiterating that nobody HAS to do anything. Great :rolleyes:.

im sure there is an arguement for it, but its wrong :D

his goals to game ration for the international team is built largely on penalties, and he has scored quite a few against poor opposition also, Saudi Arabia, Estonia, Armenia,Kazakstan,Azerbaijan to name a few

i am not trying to take away from him in too much of a big way, but im just pointing out that he needs certain types of guys around him to allow him shine

EDIT: just wanted to put in, 21 goals for his country, 9 penaltys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

What do you lads reckon on this? Found it on a football transfer rumours website. Dunno what to think myself???????

A tape has been leaked to the press in Scotland involving a discussion between Rangers chairman Sir David Murray and Man United chief executive David Gill. In it Gill tells Murray that Sir Alex Ferguson and Malcolm Glazer will not accept any bid for Cristiano Ronaldo. However, Ronaldo has already told Fergie that he will not pull on a United shirt ever again. Gill states in the discussion that he will send Ronaldo on loan to Rangers for six months in the hope that he will come back to Old Trafford in January with a different view. There are two stipulations though: 1– Ronaldo cannot play in Champions League games and 2– United get first refusal on Carlos Cuellar.

Expect this to be on Sky Sports Rumours by tonight.

for jaysis sake.

grahamo wrote: »
    What do you lads reckon on this? Found it on a football transfer rumours website. Dunno what to think myself???????

A tape has been leaked to the press in Scotland involving a discussion between Rangers chairman Sir David Murray and Man United chief executive David Gill. In it Gill tells Murray that Sir Alex Ferguson and Malcolm Glazer will not accept any bid for Cristiano Ronaldo. However, Ronaldo has already told Fergie that he will not pull on a United shirt ever again. Gill states in the discussion that he will send Ronaldo on loan to Rangers for six months in the hope that he will come back to Old Trafford in January with a different view. There are two stipulations though: 1– Ronaldo cannot play in Champions League games and 2– United get first refusal on Carlos Cuellar.

Makes no sense what so ever. I'd love to actually here the "tape" though.

If Ronaldo has said he wont pull on a Utd shirt what makes them think he pull on a Rangers shirt.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Not a chance

Scotland have the internet and televison, don't they? Release the tape or stop stacking the shíté pile.

Scotland have the internet and televison, don't they? Release the tape or stop stacking the shíté pile.

There is no tape.

That story is just bizarre.

I'd love it though.

Ronaldo winning the SPL for rangers before Xmas.

his goals to game ration for the international team is built largely on penalties, and he has scored quite a few against poor opposition also, Saudi Arabia, Estonia, Armenia,Kazakstan,Azerbaijan to name a few

Well he scored a fair few goals against, Bolton, Newcastle, Wigan, etc. Do they not count either?

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

On reflection its got to be BS. Carlos Cuellar? Someone is having a laugh!

On reflection its got to be BS. Carlos Cuellar? Someone is having a laugh!
    On reflection?

lol

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement