Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2008/2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

scholes19 wrote: »
    Ronny has to go,end of!
    £60 million and wesley for me to be happy!

NO WAY!!!!
    We would be stupid to let him go!

That said Sir Alex needs to shove a sock in that eejits mouth! He is so full of it and can't seem to stop whining about how he wants to leave United, tbh if he does he would be fvcked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

I'll post this here where mr alan will find it... :) Anyone think Benitez is delusional? I mean the man buys peter crouch for 7million, barely plays him for last few season (tbh i think he offers something different for liverpool, i'm not saying he's world class or anything though - but he does well when he plays) and then he slaps a 15million price tag on him reportedly? ****ing 8 mill more than he was bought for...

I know he's english, but there are a lot of times when I heard alarm bells ring because of Benitez. One definitely had to be his team selection for the first half of last year... The other is over valuating **** players and then expecting people to pay the same price - or more for them. It's just crazy really.

Another is Alonso. We were after him/would have liked to buy him. Liverpool got him for £10.5million - a bargain, barely played him because of injury, lack of form (due to injury) and having strong centre of midfield - and now are demanding £15million for him too... TBH if he was fit and playing well he'd easily go for £20million. It seems like a bit of a joke to me. So no way could you demand so a large amount for him.

And before you come in here mr alan and say that 80million for Ronaldo blah blah blah, well we don't want to sell... He is a top 4 player unlike most (not all) of your players. Not a average player with an artificially inflated price tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

In fairness, if Benitez can get the prices for his players that he wants, then fair play to him. His responsibility is to liverpool, to sell players for as high a price as possible, and sign them for as little as possible.

Although, when you hear them moaning about the price Villa are looking for, for Barry, when they are looking for as much for alonso (well, a bit less) then it grates a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

that's my point, i think he's living by double standards. just wanted to say it in a provocative way for our secret utd fan :)

interesting article on kenyon: http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3732039,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Other clubs are stupid enough to pay over the odds for Liverpool players so fair play to them, while United time after time sell their players for less than they should be getting. When Ronaldo goes it will probably be for an awful lot less than is being reporting at the moment and full of clauses than will never be fulfilled. They have always being terrible for paying too much and receiving too little. Pique is the latest example, who I bet would go for twice the price if Liverpool were selling him.

Wont take long for some ppl to say the opposite here though as usual

Sorry for another Ronaldo story. Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummeniggespeaks out against Real.

Other clubs are stupid enough to pay over the odds for Liverpool players so fair play to them, while United time after time sell their players for less than they should be getting. When Ronaldo goes it will probably be for an awful lot less than is being reporting at the moment and full of clauses than will never be fulfilled. They have always being terrible for paying too much and receiving too little. Pique is the latest example, who I bet would go for twice the price if Liverpool were selling him.

Wont take long for some ppl to say the opposite here though as usual
    U think Liverpool could have sold Pique (a guy who played 9 league games and a handful of CL games) for 8-12 million (depending on reports) ???? Vidic was signed for what, 7 million? Not too sure but its around that. I think you're delusional.

Its case dependant to be fair. United arent known as a selling club ands as such since we dont sell our best players we dont get huge transfer fees in since the players we are selling are recognised as surplus to requirements. That said I was disappointed to see Pique go because I think he COULD be worth 8-12 million in the future.

I think we got a good deal selling both Veron and RVN bearing in mind Verons ****ness and RVN's age/attitude problem.

I agree in some cases, Rossi and Beckham for example, but the last line of your post there is just fishing tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

On the Ronaldo score, it's clear that he wants to go now. That leaves United with a few options:

1) convince Ronaldo to stay and open the door for him to leave next season
    2) force him to honour his contract
    3) sell now

The problem is, if United go with 1) or 2), they will potentially receive a smaller fee as there will be less years to run on his existing contract and it will be clear that Ronaldo intends to go as soon as the opportunity arises.

Regardless of what happens, I think the best thing to do is to sell him now. Get as much money for him as we possibly can. If we can get Sneijder as a replacement - fantastic. Not selling him now will almost certainly mean we get feck all for him next season.

He has been a fantastic player, all credit to him. However, it's clear he wants to go. He'll be gone sooner or later - we should take the emotion out of it and just get as much dosh from Madrid/other buyers as possible.
    Other clubs are stupid enough to pay over the odds for Liverpool players so fair play to them, while United time after time sell their players for less than they should be getting.

Completely agree - United always seem to sell players for too little. However, I'd argue in most cases when we sell, it's publicly known that either 1) the player wants to go, 2) he's fallen out with fergie, 3) he's a non-used squad/reserve team member, which means their market value is less as the buying clubs know we have to sell..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 493 ✭✭Kildarered

I think we got a good deal selling both Veron and RVN bearing in mind Verons ****ness and RVN's age/attitude problem.

We bought Veron for 28million and sold him for 15m 2 seasons later :confused: how is that a good deal

U think Liverpool could have sold Pique (a guy who played 9 league games and a handful of CL games) for 8-12 million (depending on reports) ???? Vidic was signed for what, 7 million? Not too sure but its around that. I think you're delusional.

Its case dependant to be fair. United arent known as a selling club ands as such since we dont sell our best players we dont get huge transfer fees in since the players we are selling are recognised as surplus to requirements. That said I was disappointed to see Pique go because I think he COULD be worth 8-12 million in the future.

I agree in some cases, Rossi and Beckham for example, but the last line of your post there is just fishing tbh.

damn page refreshed and cleared all my post!

Vidic came from Russia and was on his way to Fiorentina. 99% of ppl didnt know who he was. He was never going to cost loads. Just like Skrtel.

Rossi had half a good season with Parma while Pique had a full good season with Zaragoza. I know Pique had a year on the bench here after that. But he was sold to Barcelona not Villareal, and I'm sure if Liverpool or Arsenal were selling he would go or a lot more.

RVN was undervalued. If he was so bad he wouldnt have went to Madrid. That was Ferguson's fault.

Veron cost way too much in the first place, so just because they recovered half his fee doesnt make it good value.

This topic came up before, but we had the usual ppl wearing blinkers, who wouldnt have a bad word said about the club and every transfer deal was great value.

I understand there going to pay inflated prices for players, but when there selling there royaly f**ked everytime.

• Advertisement

Kildarered wrote: »
    We bought Veron for 28million and sold him for 15m 2 seasons later :confused: how is that a good deal

Because IMO 15 million was a good amount to get for a player whol completely and utterly flopped. Would u have paid Chawsey 15 million for him if the situation was reversed? No. I didnt say it was an overall good deal but we sold him for more than we could have.

Because IMO 15 million was a good amount to get for a player whol completely and utterly flopped. Would u have paid Chawsey 15 million for him if the situation was reversed? No. I didnt say it was an overall good deal but we sold him for more than we could have.
    also, we didn't pay the 28million for Veron, i think the fee paid was closer to 20.

also, love the thread tags!

D.S. wrote: »

Completely agree - United always seem to sell players for too little. However, I'd argue in most cases when we sell, it's publicly known that either 1) the player wants to go, 2) he's fallen out with fergie, 3) he's a non-used squad/reserve team member, which means their market value is less as the buying clubs know we have to sell..

And that's United and Ferguson's problem, once he doesnt like a player anymore he'l let that player know straight away by treating him like crap. And then that players agent will be reporting that straight away.

If he doesnt like a player he should sell them straight away and not wait for 2 months of stories in the paper where there price has dramatically decreased and then sell him.

If a squad/reserve player who's in his mid 20's then I understand there not going to get much. But if its a young and upcoming player that they dont have to sell, then theres no reason at all why they should undervalue them. If there a hot prospect, then clubs know United dont need to sell them, so they'll know they have to offer a good price in order for United to change their minds.

Tauren wrote: »
    also, we didn't pay the 28million for Veron, i think the fee paid was closer to 20.

also, love the thread tags!

You think? I think Rooney cost 1 million ;)

Anyways didnt United have to report all transfer fees back then on the stock exchange. And it was never reported as low as 20 million.

Like Van Nistelrooys fee, the total fee's were always exact like 28.6 million and 19.6 million and so on

they had to report full amount possibly payable, which was the 28million. but that included figures based on success.

I remember reading we paid closer to 20million for veron basic; and sold him for less than 15million basic. read a long time ago, so no links. Also, Rooney didn't cost 27million up front, but i think we have paid it all now, with the league wins and CL win.

If he doesnt like a player he should sell them straight away and not wait for 2 months of stories in the paper where there price has dramatically decreased and then sell him.

Problem is that Fergie's decisions about players generally occur during season when the transfer window is closed. It's rare that Fergie has a change of heart about a player during the close season. Usually transfers out are made (and known) well before the transfer window reopens.

I am not sure United can get around this. United's intention is to try and obtain and play only the best players available. If a player falls out of favour for whatever reason, United can never demand the best price as it is clear that he is not deemed good enough for United. It's a bit of a catch 22. United are one of the best teams in the league. If we sell, its because we either have to (player fallen out of favour) or Fergie doesn't deem him good enough, which means we can never make back what we paid originally.

Tauren wrote: »
    they had to report full amount possibly payable, which was the 28million. but that included figures based on success.

I remember reading we paid closer to 20million for veron basic; and sold him for less than 15million basic. read a long time ago, so no links. Also, Rooney didn't cost 27million up front, but i think we have paid it all now, with the league wins and CL win.

Thats true, but they still would have payed a decent chunk of that 8 million as 'm sure Lazio werent stupid enough to insert any risky clauses like winning Champions League etc. And because they sold Veron on so soon, he wasnt at the club long enough to activate all those clauses, they probably had to pay Lazio a % of the Chelsea money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

You think? I think Rooney cost 1 million ;)

Anyways didnt United have to report all transfer fees back then on the stock exchange. And it was never reported as low as 20 million.

Like Van Nistelrooys fee, the total fee's were always exact like 28.6 million and 19.6 million and so on

Veron actually cost 23m so 5.1m off. Sold for 16m I believe so its not that bad really. Its tit for tat really. You take the fees recouped for Richardson, Higinbotttom, Johnson, Healy, John Curtis, Nardiello, Terry Cooke, Wilson and Greening deal (4.5m!) etc... the John Obi Mikel money (get in), Pique, Rossi, Jaap Stam (16.5m), Andy Cole etc the list could go on

On the Ronaldo score, it's clear that he wants to go now. That leaves United with a few options:

1) convince Ronaldo to stay and open the door for him to leave next season
    2) force him to honour his contract
    3) sell now

The problem is, if United go with 1) or 2), they will potentially receive a smaller fee as there will be less years to run on his existing contract and it will be clear that Ronaldo intends to go as soon as the opportunity arises.

Regardless of what happens, I think the best thing to do is to sell him now. Get as much money for him as we possibly can. If we can get Sneijder as a replacement - fantastic. Not selling him now will almost certainly mean we get feck all for him next season.

He has been a fantastic player, all credit to him. However, it's clear he wants to go. He'll be gone sooner or later - we should take the emotion out of it and just get as much dosh from Madrid/other buyers as possible.

Option 2 IMO the cheek eejit should stay and honour his contract. I honestly don't think him moving would make any difference, he seems to think he is untameable.
    And true about United selling players for less...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Option 2 IMO the cheek eejit should stay and honour his contract. I honestly don't think him moving would make any difference, he seems to think he is untameable.

there is no way he is going to honour his contract! if he stays itll be for one more year not 3 like he has remaining!

Put it another way. Are we better of keeping him if he is unhappy? Could keeping him in protest damage team morale? Also, If we keep him until his contract expires he walks away for free and each season we keep him his possible transfer fee drops as his contract approaches expiry.

I understand that a lot of people are p!ssed off with his actions and feel he should stay and honour his contract. My view is simply that unless he has a change of heart and wants to stay for the long term (and says that publicly), we shouldn't waste any more time and make sure we sell him now to the highest bidder.

If Fergie and Gil take the hard line on this, the club will suffer.

Trilla wrote: »
    Veron actually cost 23m so 5.1m off. Sold for 16m I believe so its not that bad really. Its tit for tat really. You take the fees recouped for Richardson, Higinbotttom, Johnson, Healy, John Curtis, Nardiello, Terry Cooke, Wilson and Greening deal (4.5m!) etc... the John Obi Mikel money (get in), Pique, Rossi, Jaap Stam (16.5m), Andy Cole etc the list could go on

You could say the same for Arsenal, Liverpool etc for those young players. Its the bigger transfers where they are loosing out. Last I heard regarding Mikel was United might have to pay back some of that money.

Chelsea didnt let Mutu get away for free, so their certainly not going to forget about Mikels transfer if any money can be recovered.

And of course they have done well out of some transfers, I'm just saying they've had a lot more transfers compared to other clubs where they havent got as much money as they should have

edit:

from mikel's wikipedia

"In the aftermath of the transfer, Morgan Andersen, who has a previous conviction for forging official documents,[14] was formally charged by the Norwegian crown prosecution with forging the contract documents binding Mikel John Obi to Lyn Oslo.[15] The trial against Andersen is expected to start on February 11th 2008 in Oslo.[16] Whether this will have any impact on the transfer fees paid by Chelsea FC to Lyn Oslo and Manchester United remains to be seen."

I know its a bad source but I doubt that transfer is over and done with.

Put it another way. Are we better of keeping him if he is unhappy? Could keeping him in protest damage team morale? Also, If we keep him until his contract expires he walks away for free and each season we keep him his possible transfer fee drops as his contract approaches expiry.

I understand that a lot of people are p!ssed off with his actions and feel he should stay and honour his contract. My view is simply that unless he has a change of heart and wants to stay for the long term (and says that publicly), we shouldn't waste any more time and make sure we sell him now to the highest bidder.

If Fergie and Gil take the hard line on this, the club will suffer.

Fair argument there, so if we sell him who can we get in replacement? IMO everytime we attempt to buy a player Arsenal, Pool or Chelsea steals them from under our nostrils...
    We are not good at selling and not any better at buying!:o

I don't think Fergie would sell him this year maybe next, just to prove he has control

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

IMO everytime we attempt to buy a player Arsenal, Pool or Chelsea steals them from under our nostrils...

:eek:

Tell me your taking the piss???

Boggles wrote: »

I'm sure he is talking about paying too much for players so yes we are not a good club at buying in that respect

• Advertisement

Am not taking the piss! I am not saying we don't buy players but the competion is fierce and we lose more than we win(feel free to correct me)

I'm sure he is talking about paying too much for players so yes we are not a good club at buying in that respect

Am a "she"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

IMO if we don't get a 80 mill quid fee for him or higher it would be better to let him see out his contract

Am not taking the piss! I am not saying we don't buy players but the competion is fierce and we lose more than we win(feel free to correct me)

Well, who have we lost in recent times to Liverpool and Arsenal? (Apart from the young Welsh Fella)

I know Chelsea stalk our signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

from mikel's wikipedia.".

ye i stopped reading there!

damn you ro(ck)man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

always thought it was a she tbh, could be wrong though!

PHB wrote: »
    IMO if we don't get a 80 mill quid fee for him or higher it would be better to let him see out his contract

+1, he pretty much guarantees the team will be in the running with the league coming to the end,and that and the higher probability of getting to the latter stages in Europe and the merchandising side mean there probably wouldnt be much difference in terms of revenue. the champions league win this season is reported to have net the club 36million pounds, he was a big part of it and that is almost half the 80 million in one season, forget the other money we got from winning the league and the marketing.

Besides, if we wanted, we can still easily sell him for 50million even if he doesnt set the world alight the way he has this season

if Andrei Shevchenko can go for 30 million pounds at the age of 30 then im sure in the more inflated market, Ronaldo will still fetch 50 million at 24, a champions league winner, league winner, world player of the year, two time pfa player of the year etc.

Madrid will still pay stupid money for people, they are no better then Chelsea for it

• Advertisement

Well, who have we lost in recent times to Liverpool and Arsenal? (Apart from the young Welsh Fella)

Young Welsh(Ramsey) fella yeah he went to Arsenal so that's Pool left(and tbh i can't place anyone that chose Pool over us)
    kryogen wrote: »
    always thought it was a she tbh, could be wrong though!

Correct!

United have to pay over the odds, because quite simply they are United.

I'd argue that in recent times our signings have been a fair reflection of Value

Tevez - Proposed 20 million - Def Worth it.

Anderson & Nani - Excellent potential, exciting youngsters, no one sure of the money exchanged but it is widely thought that it lends greatly to performance and achivements.

Hargreaves - 17 million - We didn't see him enough this season, next season will be a better gauge.

Carrick - 14 million rising to 18.6 - What can you say he replaced Keane in the team and we have had nothing but success.

Ronaldo - 12 million - Speaks for itself.

Evra & Vidic - not even 13 million - speaks for itself aswell.

I know they are signing that didn't work out

Veron - People forget how good he was and still is, he was regarded as the best midfielder of his type in the world when we bought him

Kleberson - World Cup Winner

Djema-Djema - African player of the year.

All transfers are a gamble, some don't work out, but United have a great pedigree in buying the best, and getting the best out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Trilla wrote: »

How much did Terry Cooke go for? Was it more or less than Chris Caspers transfer?! :p

United have done well in the transfer market in recent seasons. I would expect that to continue if we get the fee's reported for Ronaldo. However, United and England as a whole still seems unattractive for certain players. Ronaldo himself is a fine example of this, champions of Europe and he can only think of some where else.

Mediterranean, South American type players still prefer the likes of Spain. Which is why, I would be happy to get a huge some of money for Ronaldo, I would be slightly worried about the calibre of player we can attract.

Young, upcoming (potentially great) players are not a problem, but proven, world class players (e.g. Messi) may still be a problem for English clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

tbh i can't place anyone that chose Pool over us)

Some bloke named Fernando Torres. Apparently he was rather good this season, too

the climate and nightlife in machester is against us yes, even london is more appealing for lots of the south american and continental players because its the capital city and has more night spots.

but we have one of the richest histories in world football, and if a player is more interested in nightlife and weather then playing for one of the greates clubs in the history of the game then, frankly, its no great loss to us

Tevez didnt have any problem coming to us, footballing reasons seem to motivate him more, i admire that greatly

Ronaldinho went to Barca because its a more attractive destination, we were better for it! he is an amazingly talented player when on form, but i would much rather have a guy who will give his all for the team because he loves football

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    Some bloke named Fernando Torres. Apparently he was rather good this season, too

when did we actually make a bid for him?

to my knowledge we have never made any official bid for him, just paper speculation because he had a good reputation and was young!

Fair argument there, so if we sell him who can we get in replacement? IMO everytime we attempt to buy a player Arsenal, Pool or Chelsea steals them from under our nostrils...

I don't think Fergie would sell him this year maybe next, just to prove he has control

Replacement wise - we're going to need a 2-3 players to replace Ronnie Id say. At least one winger and one striker to get the 30 odd goals a season we need. This should be in addition to the striker Fergie is planning to buy to replace Saha.

Id view Sneijder as an ideal replacement on the wing.

Striker wise - Hunnterlar looks ideal for me.
    PHB wrote: »

I see your point, but we cant assume he;ll be the same player after this summer. If he wants to go and we force him to stay, the risk to a) his form and b) team morale is quite large.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

to my knowledge we have never made any official bid for him, just paper speculation because he had a good reputation and was young!

i probably wont be able to find it (i will look though) but

i was watching an interview with him late one night on youtube (as i do:)) from before when he came to Liverpool, and in it he said Utd made a bid for him but he didnt want to go there. and i dont think he seems like a liar :)

We didn't, I'd take Tevez over him at United every day.

one striker to get the 30 odd goals a season we need. This should be in addition to the striker Fergie is planning to buy to replace Saha.

ok, so are Utd looking for special dispensation to play 12 men next season? who is gonna be dropped all year? rooney or Tevez? presuming for a striker to score 30 goals they'd have to play pretty much all matches.

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i probably wont be able to find it (i will look though) but

i was watching an interview with him late one night on youtube (as i do:)) from before when he came to Liverpool, and in it he said Utd made a bid for him but he didnt want to go there. and i dont think he seems like a liar :)

as i said, to my knowledge we never made a bid, i know we were interested, we tend to be interested in most up and coming prospects! i believe you will find alot of the big teams are :)

Maybe he meant he knew united were interested in him but he didnt want to go there, he wanted to join the Spanish revolution instead of the Portugeese one? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Could have sworn that Fergie was asked about him in an interview before and he said that they had been after him for a couple of seasons but became frustrated with his not being overly pushed in going, and said something along the lines of "you just get fed up with these things after a while".

I'll look for a link, until then I will take back my statement, this could all have been an unpleasant dream!

edit: here ya go: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2973283,00.html

Id view Sneijder as an ideal replacement on the wing.

Striker wise - Hunnterlar looks ideal for me.

Ok, first, and hopefully for the last time, (doubtful though) Sneijder isnt coming, he has publicly stated he isnt leaving madrid, he has publicly stated he doesnt want to join man united!

amazing how so many of you say let ronaldo go, we dont want him if he doesnt want to play for us, why the hell do people want a guy who has publicly come out and said he doesnt want to play for us? :confused: mind boggling really

im not even gonna get into the huntelaar debate again

Mr Alan wrote: »
    ok, so are Utd looking for special dispensation to play 12 men next season? who is gonna be dropped all year? rooney or Tevez? presuming for a striker to score 30 goals they'd have to play pretty much all matches.

At the end of the day, Ronnie played wing, but was able to drift in and grab us 30 odd goals. Honestly, I don't see Rooney or Tevez individually being able to match that. That means we need to buy a winger to replace Ronnie, and an out and out striker who can grab us the goals we need.

So to answer your question, who do we drop??? I am not sure. Rooney's best position is in the hole behind the front one/two strikers.

In either case, we know Fergie is after a striker anyway, regardless of whether Ronaldo stays or not. So your question still stands. Who is Fergie gonna drop when this striker comes in??

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    Could have sworn that Fergie was asked about him in an interview before and he said that they had been after him for a couple of seasons but became frustrated with his not being overly pushed in going, and said something along the lines of "you just get fed up with these things after a while".

I'll look for a link, until then I will take back my statement, this could all have been an unpleasant dream!

edit: here ya go: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2973283,00.html

eh, sorry mate, but link fail!

that particular link says united were after him years ago but lost intrest....a couple of years ago.....so its not the same as both clubs trying to buy him at the same time and him choosing one over the other!

he doesnt say we were in for him at the same time as liverpool, he actually says we lost interest!

besides that it was also just sky trying to hype up the game more! its the usual stories that run..... from my understanding of the interview, united had asked athletico a couple of times about him, they didnt want to sell, then one time madrid said they would, and torres said he felt he was too young. end of story, end of our interest!

liverpool came in a year later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

the climate in manchester is against us

Global warming is the answer. All we have to do is make Manchester so warm and Spain so unbearably hot that Ronnie is happy.

Global warming, ftw :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Carrick - 14 million rising to 18.6 - What can you say he replaced Keane in the team and we have had nothing but success.

Can't agree with that....he'll never replace Keane1!

i dont think ferguson is gonna buy a Benzema,Eto'o or even Berbatov, i think his striker will be a "name" but not a massive one, someone similar to Saha who will be more than happy to be rotated a lot and used as a plan B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Ok, first, and hopefully for the last time, (doubtful though) Sneijder isnt coming, he has publicly stated he isnt leaving madrid, he has publicly stated he doesnt want to join man united!

amazing how so many of you say let ronaldo go, we dont want him if he doesnt want to play for us, why the hell do people want a guy who has publicly come out and said he doesnt want to play for us? :confused: mind boggling really

im not even gonna get into the huntelaar debate again
    Exactly plus Sneijder is better deployed as a centre midfielder not as direct replacement for Ronnie. The more this drags on the more I think Ronaldo will be here for the start of the season and I for one will be glad of this.

• Advertisement

Exactly plus Sneijder is better deployed as a centre midfielder not as direct replacement for Ronnie. The more this drags on the more I think Ronaldo will be here for the start of the season and I for one will be glad of this.

I have never been in much doubt he will start the season at united, getting tired of arguing about it alright though! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement