Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2008/2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

kryogen wrote: »
    ?

hI mate , where did you watch the final.
    Did you end up in Masons Utd party ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I got dragged into Revo in the end, great crowd there though, some atmosphere! Masons was packed too i believe, great night had by all united fans!!

where you watch it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

kmart6 wrote: »
    No as it clearly states nobody has one the CL=CHAMPIONS LEAGUE back to back!
    A sufferer of 'changed name means changed competition' disease.

I got dragged into Revo in the end, great crowd there though, some atmosphere! Masons was packed too i believe, great night had by all united fans!!

where you watch it?

I'M very superstitious , Watch it at home in my lucky "chair " :D:D with a few mates and couple of cans.

BUT was in the local(kilcohan) within ten seconds of last peno ,
    some night
    some head next day
    But best as get to come , long time friend is Chelsea through and through F**KER has taking money off me for last three years. BIG BET ON FINAL . he is in Hong kong till the end of next month ,offer to pay by money transfer, I REFUSED ! WANT IT HAND OVER IN PERSON :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    But best as get to come , long time friend is Chelsea through and through F**KER has taking money off me for last three years. BIG BET ON FINAL . he is in Hong kong till the end of next month ,offer to pay by money transfer, I REFUSED ! WANT IT HAND OVER IN PERSON :D:D

:D

Good man. I'd say it'll be all the more sweeter seeing him had it over in person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Sorry,but where did I say anywhere that the competition had changed?!....Oh wait that's right nowhere!!! The point I made if you look at my post is that nobody has ever one the CL back-to-back,and the point was in relation to talking bout SAF staying on to pass Liverpool records,which could involve winning the CL back-to-back.....can you understand that now or do you need it explained more?!

Terry writes open letter to Chelsea fans:
    To all the Chelsea fans, all my team-mates, the manager and staff at the club.

I am so sorry for missing the penalty and denying you the fans, my team-mates, family and friends the chance to become European champions.

Many people have told me I don't need to say that but I feel I need to, that's just me. I have relived that moment every minute since it happened. I have only slept a few hours and wake up every time hoping it's all been a bad dream.

I have had some amazing support from fans, current and ex-players, family and friends and I need to thank everyone for that. But I am a big man and I take responsibility for us not winning.

I am and ALWAYS will be Chelsea through and through. I will give my all on and off the pitch to win this trophy as a player and one day as a manager. And I am sure we will win it.

That night in Moscow will haunt me forever and I feel I have let everybody down and this hurts me more than anything. I am not ashamed about crying. This is a trophy I have tried so hard year after year to win and it was just an uncontrollable reaction, I wear my heart on my sleeve, everybody knows that.

The road to Rome starts here, we have to try and turn this experience to our advantage. I am very proud of how far we have come this season with everything that has gone on.

Thank you for all your support for the team this season

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/NewsHomePage/0,,10268~1318700,00.html

:D

What a f**king knob.

Already a thread on that here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,444 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=94587

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to spend big again this summer.

The Daily Star says Ferguson has drawn up a summer shopping list which includes Daniel Alves (Sevilla), Carlos Kameni (Espanyol), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Aaron Ramsey (Cardiff City) and Karim Benzema (Olympique Lyon).

Of that list....it seems fergie is facing up to a summer of disappointment.

Alves is Barcelona bound, unfortunately, no two ways about it.

Benzema is either staying at Lyon or headed to Spain - more likely staying at Lyon.

Richards would be a fantastic signing, but highly unlikely. One, City wouldn't sell to us, and I reckon he'd be off to London given the chance anyway.

Ramsey and Kameni are realistic targets. Not sure on Ramsey myself as all I have seen of him was an unimpressive cameo in the FA Cup final - but he is only 17 and many managers/scouts seem to see something quite special in him so he must have something. Kameni....whatever...give Foster the chance.... we already have him!

Just saw there on SSN,that there's more reports in Spain today about Madrid offering Ronaldo £150,000 a week after tax,so something like £230,000 a week before it!

Is it ever going to stop?!

• Advertisement

I wonder if those ''reports'' from Spain were from Marca per chance. :rolleyes:

Just saw there on SSN,that there's more reports in Spain today about Madrid offering Ronaldo £150,000 a week after tax,so something like £230,000 a week before it!

Is it ever going to stop?!
    No it won't.
    I wonder if those ''reports'' from Spain were from Marca per chance. :rolleyes:

Yes it was.

Tauren wrote: »

Yes it was.

That settles it then. Madrid are up to their usual unsettling b*llocks through their media wing AKA Marca. C**ts :mad:

And the gas thing is Real are baffled by Ferguson giving out about their morals!

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=94576

Manchester United have tabled a lucrative contract offer to Roma's Italy U17 midfielder Davide Petrucci.

Petrucci has been likened to Roma captain Francesco Totti, but has only been offered the minimum wage by the Italian giants.

United, in contrast, have tabled Petrucci's family a deal worth £80,000-a-year and the midfielder is warming to the prospect of moving to Old Trafford next season.

The next Rossi? Roma don't seem happy at this turn of events at all - they have already been giving out in the press about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Minimum wage?

wtf?

Haven't heard of him,any good!?

DesF wrote: »
    Minimum wage?

wtf?

think it is somethign around 30k per year - i remember reading about a few players over in italy reducing their wages to minimum wage when they were injured.

Makes sense to reduce it when your injured alright,only fair when your not doing anything for the club!

Haven't heard of him,any good!?
    Hadn't heard of him before the links with United surfaced. No nothing about him now either, had read he was a striker too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Don't knock it -- means liverpool have never won the League :D

And the gas thing is Real are baffled by Ferguson giving out about their morals!

I just love the way Ferguson is standing up to Madrid and winning. He is entirely convinced that united are THE greatest club in the world. WE are the champions. WE are the best team in Europe. Who the F**K are Real Madrid??? He's even alluded to the fact that Beckham and RVN were cast-offs. Brilliant. I would love to meet them next season.

davyjose wrote: »
    Don't knock it -- means liverpool have never won the League :D
    Nice one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

only from the mirror, but:eek:

Barcelona block Thierry Henry move to Man United

Thierry Henry was on the brink of a sensational move to Manchester United - just two weeks ago.

The former Arsenal star thought he was Old Trafford-bound in a £10 million deal - until Barcelona's new boss Pep Guardiola blocked the move.

A source close to the deal said: "Thierry was told by the new coach he didn't want him to leave, that he was going to be a big player for Barca next season and would have an important role to play for them.

"That was the reassurance Thierry needed but United were ready to buy him."
    Advertisement

Henry has been unsettled in his debut season at Barcelona following his £16million move from Arsenal a year ago.

He has been unable to reproduce his best form on a consistent basis as Barcelona failed in their attempt to win any major honours.

Meanwhile, Old Trafford will get even bigger - if Sir Alex Ferguson has his way.

Fergie said: "We could do one corner at least and maybe get another 6,500 seats to take us to 83,000.

"We could get 100,000 in but that's not feasible architecturally. But at least my plan would make us bigger than anyone else could get near to."

Dèja vu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Young duo leaving OT link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I know you're not a selling club yada yada yada... But if Madrid offered you say, 65 million pounds, and Robinho, would you not consider selling Ronaldo? Realistically, if you got Robinho into the right mental frame, he may not ever produce a season like Ronaldo has, but he'd definitely be up there with the most enjoyable and best wingers in the world to watch!

eZe^ wrote: »
    I know you're not a selling club yada yada yada... But if Madrid offered you say, 65 million pounds, and Robinho, would you not consider selling Ronaldo? Realistically, if you got Robinho into the right mental frame, he may not ever produce a season like Ronaldo has, but he'd definitely be up there with the most enjoyable and best wingers in the world to watch!
    Don't think we'd ever accept that! Physicaly Ronaldo is a bigger and has a stronger presence,which demands respect from oppositions at corners/crosses...taking Robinho takes away that threat straight away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Don't think we'd ever accept that! Physicaly Ronaldo is a bigger and has a stronger presence,which demands respect from oppositions at corners/crosses...taking Robinho takes away that threat straight away!

I'd say we'd bite their arms off

• Advertisement

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    I'd say we'd bite their arms off
    Don't think so! Not this season anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

heres a little bit more about the italian lad

http://manunitedyouth.wordpress.com/2008/05/10/rossi-macheda-petrucci/

problem is, i cant see him being given a fair crack at united anyway tbh, he is only turning 17 this year and will be the same situation as Rossi and probably Macheda too, citing them as they were both signed in similar fashions from Italian clubs.....

Suppose the only thing is they might make something off him if they sell him on like Rossi!

First off, nice job on the sig. Still hard to believe that he went. So young, he was looking to be an excellent player with all the mental attributes, showed some bottled in the UEFA Cup shootout.

Onto the discussion at hand, Id consider it myself. I think Robinho is very lightweight for England and I wonder if he;d fit in but with a bit of time in the gym he could go far. He's got great skills and is very quick and I could see him being a very good asset on the left flank. However would we really be able to replace Cristiano?? Im not so sure. For Uniteds style Ronaldo is perfect. If that deal went through then United wouldnt have to change their style of play too mcuh but we'd be bringing in yet another physical twirp which we kind of have already. Ronaldo is a big physical presence (even if the wind knocks him over at times) and has a great threat in the air. We'd be losing an aerial threat and we're not exactly brimming with them right now.

Fix link

Sorry I only saw that now. Link is fixed now. Post it again so u dont have to scroll back.

well, its a boring Monday morning for us gossip wise.

Talk Saha might be on his way, with Fulham, West ham and Boro interested:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=94771

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson wants to bring Manchester United striker Louis Saha back to Craven Cottage.

United are ready to sell the injury-plagued French striker, 29, for £4m and Fulham will rival West Ham and Middlesbrough for his signature.

Also some speil on Ramsey...

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=94782

Cardiff City midfielder Aaron Ramsey may REJECT a dream move to Manchester United.

The People says United will be cleared to speak to Ramsey this week, but Sir Alex Ferguson faces a job persuading him to come to Old Trafford.

Ferguson's offer of £5million plus a further £5million in extras - and the chance to go back to Ninian Park on loan for a year - is ideal for the FA Cup final runners-up and they will allow the 17-year-old starlet to go for talks.

However, Ramsey and his family have yet to be convinced that United is the right move for him at this stage of his fledgling career.

Fair play to th elad -if it was an immediate move to United i would agree with him; better off playing first team championship football rather than sitting on the bench/in the stands/playing for the reserves. However, the loan move back to Cardiff for a season may just swing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

heres a little bit more about the italian lad

http://manunitedyouth.wordpress.com/2008/05/10/rossi-macheda-petrucci/

problem is, i cant see him being given a fair crack at united anyway tbh, he is only turning 17 this year and will be the same situation as Rossi and probably Macheda too, citing them as they were both signed in similar fashions from Italian clubs.....

Won't be suprised if Chelsea sign him now

Won't be suprised if Chelsea sign him now

Yep him and Ramsay will be in Blue before the end of the day!

Yep him and Ramsay will be in Blue before the end of the day!
    ROCKMAN......RO(chelski)MAN!!??

well, its a boring Monday morning for us gossip wise.

Talk Saha might be on his way, with Fulham, West ham and Boro interested:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=94771

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson wants to bring Manchester United striker Louis Saha back to Craven Cottage.

United are ready to sell the injury-plagued French striker, 29, for £4m and Fulham will rival West Ham and Middlesbrough for his signature.

Wow....suckers!! Lets hope so eh!?!

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=710913

After taking Hull City to the top-flight for the first time in their 104-year history, manager Phil Brown has switched his attentions to building a squad that will give them the best chance of staying up, and he considers the Manchester United loan star as an important component of his plans.

"I'll be doing business with United boss Sir Alex Ferguson," said Brown over the 20-year-old, who has done so much to help Hull's cause since joining them on loan near the beginning of the season.

"I don't know if Fraizer will stay, that is for the manager of the European champions to decide," the manager added.

"It is obvious that he is a talent and we want to keep him and I would have thought that we had the money to buy him now, but that is not my decision.

"He is top of my shopping list and I have promised the players who got us into the Premier League that they will be given their chance.

"We have a good nucleus, but I will add to the squad with players who will improve us on the field and off the field."

I hope we don't sell him. Seems to be a decent enough prospect - bit of pace, decent finsher and brings people into the game. Would have liked a better reutrn than 15 goals though. I would love to see him loaned back to Hull again next season though, would let us know if he can cut it in the premiership.

• Advertisement

I hope we don't sell him. Seems to be a decent enough prospect - bit of pace, decent finsher and brings people into the game. Would have liked a better reutrn than 15 goals though. I would love to see him loaned back to Hull again next season though, would let us know if he can cut it in the premiership.

He has a lot of assists though.

Pace, skill and all round technical ability. He's only just turned 20. i think he has a lot of potential.

Id loan him out to Hull again and see how he handles playing in a poor Premiership team.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=94833

Real Madrid will be told to effectively put £100 MILLION on the table by Manchester United should they come knocking for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Marca says United are ready price Ronaldo out of a move to Madrid by demanding £35 million cash, plus stars Robinho, Sergio Ramos and Mahamadou Diarra all in exchange. On the open market, the trio would command fees in excess of £60 million in total.

United will make it clear to Real that if they're so determined to prise the world's best player away from Old Trafford, they will have to suffer in the process by giving up three stars who all have their best days well in front of them.

Would be 3 decent players brought in, and if we could get Benzema with the cash it would probably be a good bit of business. Ramos could sort the RB issue, and is a decent threat going forward. Robinho is a player I am not sure of. He has fantastic ability, but he blows hot and cold and i am not sure of his temprement - and partying habbits. Diarra - could be a beast of a player, but has turned us down in the past in favour of Madrid. Also, when we have Hargreaves, why would we need him - we could only really play one of them at a time - they do the same job. Then we have Carrick and Anderson playing in the centre too.

Would still prefer it didn't happen, if only to show Real that they can't bully us out of our best player.

We dont need Diarra, he wouldnt get enough gametime IMO. And if he did it wouold probably halt Andersons development...no thanks. Id take Ramos and Robinho though!

ROCKMAN......RO(chelski)MAN!!??

WHAT the fffffffff do you mean by this????????????????????

We dont need Diarra, he wouldnt get enough gametime IMO. And if he did it wouold probably halt Andersons development

Why do you say that? Not arguing, just interested in your thinking there. I don't see why it would stunt Andersons development, unless you would see us regularly going with Diarra and Hargreaves/Carrick in midfield meaning Anderson staying on the bench a lot. I would reckon Anderson and one of the remaining 3 would be more likely;Anderson providing the attacking runs and creativity, the other doing the more defensive job.

Because I dont see Fergie leavin Carrick out too much. I just cant see him regularly starting both Diarra and Anderson at the expense of Carrick/Hargreaves/Fletcher (dont forget Fergie loves Fletch) The midfield of Carrick--Hargreaves--Anderson is what i see Fergie employing for the large majority of next season. With Scholes to play a reduced role and Fletcher there too i dont see any space for a guy like Diarra.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    WHAT the fffffffff do you mean by this????????????????????

I'm on to your Roman, no more scouting for your next chelsea signing by looking at this thread! I'M ON TO YOU!

But as a last gift, I'd hate to lose Saha to Chelsea, and I reckon Crouch, Savage and Bramble are the signings United need to make this summer...

Because I dont see Fergie leavin Carrick out too much. I just cant see him regularly starting both Diarra and Anderson at the expense of Carrick/Hargreaves/Fletcher (dont forget Fergie loves Fletch)
    Fair enough. I do reckon Anderson will soon become to good and important to drop though. Anderson and Hargreves will be our next great midfield partnership. Overall I agree - no real need for Diarra, or any central midfielder. Maybe swap Diarra out for Casilas or Schneijder.. :D

Fair enough. I do reckon Anderson will soon become to good and important to drop though. Anderson and Hargreves will be our next great midfield partnership. Overall I agree - no real need for Diarra, or any central midfielder. Maybe swap Diarra out for Casilas or Schneijder.. :D

Thats the way i see it anyway. Be great if he was willing to sit on the bench, id take him in a heartbeat but he wouldnt and that would be distruptive.

Sneijder is WAY too small IMO. But Casillas.....now you're talking!

I'm on to your Roman, no more scouting for your next chelsea signing by looking at this thread! I'M ON TO YOU!

But as a last gift, I'd hate to lose Saha to Chelsea, and I reckon Crouch, Savage and Bramble are the signings United need to make this summer...

No no no, I hear we'll be re signing Paul McShane as well as Dean Windass and Johnathan Greening. We most certainly dont want that waste of space Benzema!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement