Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badly designed

Options
  • 22-05-2008 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

I was meeting a friend at the Blanchardstown centre but arrived (mistakenly) an hour too early so bcoz it was sunny I went for a walk away from the shops passed an AIB bank and a KFC. I didn't cover very far but I managed eventually to get out of the center and onto snugbro(?) road. Everywhere there seems to be walled up and locked up with gates and I even see people jumping over these walls. One end of this wall goes towards Coolmine park the other end disappears into a morass of road junctions and the Garda station.

Whats the story with Blanchardstown, the way its laid out seems impossible to walk around it and sort of forces you to go miles out of your way. Why has it evolved like this? Does veryone just LOVE their cars. Yes, i drove there that day too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This has previously been discussed at length here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

That is a new road and that is the back of a large housing estate, you could have wandered the other way you saw about a mile of the greater dublin 15 area which
    if it was detached from the rest of dublin would be a city in it's own right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Thaedydal wrote: »
    That is a new road and that is the back of a large housing estate, you could have wandered the other way you saw about a mile of the greater dublin 15 area which
    if it was detached from the rest of dublin would be a city in it's own right.

It is detatched surely, the pheonix park is a green belt b/t the edge of the city and blanch.

Why does that housing estate have a massive ugly wall and why are schoolkids jumping it at lunchtime? Surely a gate would serve everyones needs?>

Anyway next time i will wander the other direction passed the TGIF. I was that way before and its all just anonymous shopping service roads. Is it all walls and badly positioned housing that way too, is it safe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I suggest you use google maps to look at the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I suggest you use google maps to look at the area.

I have. The area is not touching directly on the rest of the City as in not contiguous with the city.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.384455,-6.370525&spn=0.0901,0.319977&z=12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Gonna lock this one, looks like discussion has moved over to the bigger existing thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement