Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who's the best rock/ metal singer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Agree with axl rose, Freddie Mercury and Bruce Dickinson. Should also include Bon Scott if not already mentioned! Just to point out a very good singer in was introduced to by a classmate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch-4Iu9hd2k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

James La Brie - Dream Theater
    Devin Townsend - Vai
    Mike Patton - FNM
    Geoff Tate - Queensryche

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Corey whatseezname off of Slipknot. Good screamer and singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

Mike Patton by a country mile! rock, metal, grunge, pop, easy listening, he did it all and did it better than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Mike Patton
    Daryl Palumbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Mike Patton was a total rip of Anthony Kiedis initially for a few years. The vocals, style, movements.. :rolleyes: When he came into his own, finally, and matured he sounded much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Bon Scott - RIP

James Hetfield around the Justice/Black album era, Chad Kroeger and the singer off of Airbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Five fingers death punch have a great singer, pity his lyrics are crapo

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

freddie-mercury.jpg

he's even wearing the crown!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

not enough Robert Plant in this thread.. =[

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 oweno

serj tankian, bruce dickinson, dio, chuck billy, james hetfield, chris cornell, neil fallon, john garcia, bon scot, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Devin Townsend and Mike Patton probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Fago! wrote: »
    Corey Taylor off of Slipknot. Good screamer and singer.

FYP. Respect the maggot.

For me, Jonathan Davis takes joint position of my male frontman top spot with Dani Filth due to their astonishing vocal range-from gutteral to high pitched in 2.5 seconds! :eek: That said, Freddie Mercury is the greatest forntman of ANY musical genre. He's like the Chuck Norris of the music world.

For female vocals, Amy Lee, Sharon den Andel and that wan from Lacuna Coil-except set of pipes on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 juggs

Male- Steven Tyler
    Female- The bird from Heart

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Mike Patton was a total rip of Anthony Kiedis initially for a few years. The vocals, style, movements.. :rolleyes: When he came into his own, finally, and matured he sounded much better.
    Get off it, Cherub, even on the album were everyone claimed that complete and utter bollocks, The Real Thing, it's hard to find anywhere remotely near Kiedis' style of singing, maybe the rapping on Epic, but to call a few verses of rapping "a total rip of Anthony Kiedis initially for a few years" is so unjust it's crazy! There's so much bull**** in that sentence, farms wouldn't contain as much bull****.

Mike's voice on the rest of TRT was quite high pitch, and out of all the Chili Peppers stuff I have, I haven't heard Kiedis sing like that, Kiedis can't even sing for **** sake. I realise your post was about 11 months ago, Ms. Rock, but your post really annoyed me, sorry. ;)

Anyway, nobody could touch Mike with a ten foot pole, he's unbelievable. I really fell in love with his work first time I heard Mr. Bungle, Fantômas and his John Zorn collaborations. Tomahawk is really cool too, and who doesn't like Faith No More???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I think I've said it before but Freddie Mercury did and Mike Patton does

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MarcusTheCarcus

Ehhh King Diamond anyone?
    Also Messiah Marcolin, and mabe Nemtheanga just for sheer passion and whatnot

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

André Matos - Viper, Angra
    Michael Kiske - Helloween
    Phil Anselmo - Pantera (I think his performance in Cowboys from hell is simply amazing)
    Louis Marulo - :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 vanjaqwq

Mike Patton all the way. It's great to have all the new footage/audio off the second coming tour. His voice has gotten better since FNM last played and that's no mean feat. Fantasic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Phil Anselmo
    he was just raging over pantera's hair metal cock rock origins. embarrassment breeds frustration, frustration breeds anger

singers i dunno :o got into metal during thrash, to get away from pops obsession with frontmen, singers and movers but man that Dio had a big voice and eloquent movement - none of which were diminished any right up til his death.. what was he nearly 70?!
    damonjewel wrote: »
    I remember mates of mine were at a manowar concert and your man Eric Adams screamed for what they said was an eternity, although it was probably just a minute

yeah what - also that guy does Nessun Dorma better than pavarotti but i guess that's manowar, virtuosity in all non-seriousness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭FunkDrummer

3 names that popped into my head were

Eddie Vedder
    Layne Staley
    Robert Plant

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BUfels

Whether or not you're a fan of KoRn, Jonathan Davis is a very talented vocalist, he can do just about anything well.
    Howard Jones from Killswitch engage is ridiculously good at transitioning between clean vocals and screaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭l.m

Robert Plant
    Ronnie James Dio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Chris Cornell
    Mike Patton
    Freddie Mercury

M Shadows off Avenged Sevenfold has a good voice. I've only gotten into that band recently and I think he's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Robert Plant
    David Coverdale
    Paul Rodgers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Myles Kennedy from Alter Bridge. Listen to "Blackbird". It's epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 suede 666

Neville ( Noddy) Holder.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

M Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold definitely needs a mention, he is actually amazing, and equally so, if not better, live.

Advertisement