Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch your vodafone bill..!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Everyone calm dooooonnn :pac:

Ive no agenda here but I will say something similar happened to me a couple of weeks back with Vodafone. I spotted a call to 11850 which lasted one second ( it dropped the call right away ) but I was charged 67c for it. I had rung back the number right away and was charged for that too.

I almost never check my bill throughly but I will be from now on. I must say Vodafone were quite good about it, the chap on the phone credited me with a euro with no quibbles. But the OP was right to warn ppl to check their bills, thats the key point here, not some one networks better than the other jibes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I think we all need to check ALL of our bills.......I was one of the victims of the AIB overcharged scandal and have always checked my bills since.
    Why would we trust total strangers from service providers with hungry shareholders to satisify? Its a no brainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭board om

RATM wrote: »
    Everyone calm dooooonnn :pac:

Ive no agenda here but I will say something similar happened to me a couple of weeks back with Vodafone. I spotted a call to 11850 which lasted one second ( it dropped the call right away ) but I was charged 67c for it. I had rung back the number right away and was charged for that too.

I almost never check my bill throughly but I will be from now on. I must say Vodafone were quite good about it, the chap on the phone credited me with a euro with no quibbles. But the OP was right to warn ppl to check their bills, thats the key point here, not some one networks better than the other jibes.

i also have no agenda here. apart from being a vodafone customer i have no other connection with any mobile services. it is called having an opinion, and at least my opinion is based on logic. and to my knowledge no other posters here work for vodafone either. we just tend to live in the real world where you dont shout 'rip off' every chance you get without having soemthing substantial to back it up.

this thread should actually be left open to show that not every accustion of a company being a 'Rip Off' is justified. it is actually good to see some positive responses about a companies customer service for a change.

regarding your 11850 call, the reason that would be is becuase when you call 11850 it is an automatic set charge as soon as you call (it used to be 50c so it must have gone up). so once the call is connected it charges you X amount, and then if they put you through to the number you require they charge you an insane amount per minute after that, so that is always to be avoided whether you are on a mobile or a landline. so what what most likely happened was the call must have connected and therefore charged you the set amount, but then the call dropped so you had to call back and they charged you a second time becuase on their system it would ahve showed up as 2 calls to 11850.

but as you said you called their customer service and they credited you back the euro and everything was rectiifed. so looks like another case of good customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm entitled to my opinion - full stop.
    and Fullstop to this thread too.
    Mod, please lock this thread - ppl here have agenda's,

Did I not ask you to not start the argument again? And look, off you go...

Consider yourself warned. Please read the charter with regard to posting in this forum.

Thread locked due to stupidity.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement