Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Roof box / bag for holiday in france?

Options
  • 22-05-2008 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

We are taking the ferry to france in July for the first time and would like to be able to buy food/wine to bring home. We have an estate car with roof rails - what would be suitable to have as extra storage? Can you get a box or bag that does not require the cross bars?

Also, Aldi has a roofbox for about 150 this week - seems good value - would I have to buy cross bars as well? Where else is worth looking?

Finally, I have heard you can get boxes etc. in France much cheaper than here, is it worth waiting, and if so, can it be fitted there?

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

For a roofbox, you will require cross bars..........but you can get them for reasonable cost in halfords or ebay.
    I have one for my wife's suv, and they are real handy - and you can pack them up well with stuff and save the boot space for some vino!

enjoy the hols btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Brought the roof-bars on holiday to France a couple of years ago and bought a roof-boot over there, they were a lot cheaper at the time.

Can't argue with that €150 at Aldi, though.

Advertisement