Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tax/Change of Ownership

Options
  • 22-05-2008 9:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

I am buying a car tonight from a friend. NCT is all in date and grand but the tax is expired. I’ve had a look on the Motor Tax website and I just want to clarify what I understood.

I should be able to ask my friend for the tax renewal form he got and I should be able to log in online with it and change the details to mine and pay for the new tax disk online.

Will those new details be classed as a change of ownership? Or will I have to fill in some other form(s) to do that? And if so, where would I find said forms. I’m a bit of a newbie with it all!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement