Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help! Xbox Scratched GTA

• 22-05-2008 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I need some help, went to turn on my xbox to play GTA last night and I heard it make bit of a noise. Didn't take any notice of this. Tried to play the game but it wont load. Looked at the disk.:eek: The disk is scratched. My xbox scratched the disk, now I cant play GTA:confused:. I was wondering if this happened to any one else. What can I do? Will Microsoft replace the disk they broke or can I get replacement off Rock*.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Did you move the console with the game in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mr.McMoobs

no its still in the same place, it was working fine the night before.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

This happened to me with Guitar Hero III. I did however bump into the console and it created the rings of death! So I thought my guitar hero days were over until I did a quick read on the net.

I got a tin of brasso(polish), a lint fee cloth and rubbed the **** out of the data side of the DVD. There is a protective layer on all DVD's, this is normally all that gets scratched. If the grooves aren't too deep you can safely take off a bit of this layer so that the laser has a clear view of the data layer underneath.

Vóila, a working Guitar Hero III after lots of elbow grease.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

if you cant get it replaced. you can buy these things in maplins or some place like that. its a disk repair thing i have never actually seen it but i have heard about it. i know i am being a bit vague but its out there you should check it out.

Thanks Slaanesh, might give this a try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

You could also try toothpaste to fix the CD.

Wish I had of tried it with my Halo 3, Disc 2 months and still waiting for Microsoft to send it back.

http://lifehacker.com/software/cds/macgyver-tip-fix-scratched-cds-with-toothpaste-155741.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 trb 93

the same thing happened to my game.If it has a ring on the disc then it is broke and it cant be really fixed.I am not sure if microsoft can give u a new game.It was propaly caused if u moved or lifted the xbox while it was on

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

trb 93 wrote: »
    the same thing happened to my game.If it has a ring on the disc then it is broke and it cant be really fixed.I am not sure if microsoft can give u a new game.It was propaly caused if u moved or lifted the xbox while it was on

Not true, if you look at my earlier post you'll see that my Guitar Hero III DVD had the rings of death and I managed to repair it with the Brasso method. Please read the thread before posting. K thx bye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There are loads of ways to fix scratched disks. As long as it's not deep any of the tips given above will work. My local video shop repairs disks.

I forgot about this thread. I went to use the brasso on the disk but didnt have any left worth using, fairly old looking, so I went to Game and they repaired it there. It took about ten mins to fix and I havent had a problem with it since. Also believe Smiths repair disks too. As Slaanesh said above its just the protective layer that uaually gets damaged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I use this stuff,

http://www.applesaucepolish.com/

its amazing.

Have got some dodgy second hand games in the past that just kept freezing at certain points, this totally removed the scratches. Originally got it to remove scratches from my refurb Zen Vision M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

Slaanesh wrote: »
    This happened to me with Guitar Hero III. I did however bump into the console and it created the rings of death! So I thought my guitar hero days were over until I did a quick read on the net.

I got a tin of brasso(polish), a lint fee cloth and rubbed the **** out of the data side of the DVD. There is a protective layer on all DVD's, this is normally all that gets scratched. If the grooves aren't too deep you can safely take off a bit of this layer so that the laser has a clear view of the data layer underneath.

Vóila, a working Guitar Hero III after lots of elbow grease.

funny you should say that, the exact same thing happened to my cousins guitar hero 3, but he tried putting something on it but i still wont work

Advertisement