Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did your man propose?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Pol Pot

pol pot never considered marriage, it was written in his christmas card one christmas morning

Pol Pot was taken aback but reasoned (within a nano sec) " we have house, kid etc...why not"
    conveniently forgetting , although he was quite fond of the lady (at the time), things weren't great at the time.

after a "very" successful 8 month marriage Pol Pot realises he should have reasoned otherwise.
    Hindsight Baby.....hindsight.

sorry to put damper on your happy memories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭coco85

^ Lovely lovely idea... its nice to know that there are some romantice guys out there!!!...

I heard that my mother and father 'went away' to get engaged back in the 70's... i couldn't think of anythign being more un-romantic!!..

Anyways with my OH 5 years now but i'm still far too young to get married....but either way.. he knows the proposal HAS to be super romantic and a complete suprise..... whether or not it happens like that or not i don't mind once it happens sometime!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

apparently my parents just decided to get married on the back of a bus on the way home from town one evening! rose-mantic or wha' ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kotick

No one's ever proposed to me. :( /cries*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

LadyE wrote: »
    Please do!! Are you proposing as you give her the book?

Yeah. Instead of fumbling over a badly learnt speech, the message would be in the book. She'll know as soon as we get on the boat what's happening, but play along till the end.

• Advertisement

Clare Bear wrote: »
    If she says no I'll have ya!!!!! :eek:

\Dave writes note to remind him that Clare Bear has first dibs should book thing not go as planned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

Engaged never married, He proposed on the Eiffel tower. Iv always wanted a really really long engagement

How long? (as he googles the height of the eiffel tower!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Hmmm, i got proposed to one valentines on a weekend away, that very night while very very drunk and having such a good time, he got a phone call from a very very drunk girl from home, he came back and says she is pregnant, i laughed said oooh what poor fecker got her pregnant, he says me!! went home the next day 60miles of no talking. Got worse when my friends and family came running out of the house with baloons to congratulate us, when i burst out crying they took it as being tears of joy!! HAHA we all actually laugh when we think back on it. Ive had a very lucky escape!!

NOW i am head over heels in love with an absolutely great guy, i just know when he proposes it will be great, and very very romantic, i can't wait. We have our wedding plans made, so id say HOPEFULLY next year will be the big question, ive told him though when he asks me to marry him and opens the box waiting for my answer i'm going to say "Computer says No" :D:D (if i don't like the ring)! :)

Ooooogh, that's a bit mean.

• Advertisement

He knows my humour, i wouldnt dare do it though. I would be in convulsions, crying.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

@ Beertons, seriously man that is the most romantic thing i've ever heard. I love it. I especially love the emails from the teddybear. ClareBear you'll have a fight on your hands girl if his proposal to GF doesn't go as planned. Bring it on lady! :D

@ SheDevil, holy christ what a lucky escape girl!! :eek:

I didn't think so at the time Maple, but with life comes experience, and it was only about a year ago when i was out in my home time where i bumped into him (him now engaged to said girl with two kids) he told me he made the biggest mistake of his life cheating on me and could we give it another shot :O that is when i knew i was well and truly over him. Good looks gone to waste on such scum.
    Reading beertons plans should give any scorned cynical women hope. They are not all the same. (thank god ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Sincho

I kinda missed out on the proposal thing really! He'd been kinda asking for a long time if I'd say yes if he did propose and I kept saying no. Then one saturday night I was out dancing with the girls and was texting him and it he asked again what I'd say if he asked and i said I'd say yes and after that we just kinda started planning a wedding! Not exactly the kind of story I imagined telling our kids! We've been married 18 months now and hes still saying I'll eventually get a big romantic proposal when I'm least expecting it but since we've already gotten married whats left to propose?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

never got proposed to dont even have a wedding ring ha. We just decided to go for it and a week later we were married.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I came home late one night after salsa dancing. I knew my housemates were away so was shocked to see a light coming from the kitchen. I stumbled in, to find my boyfriend sitting at a candlelit table.

There were two place settings, he was at one and at the other, there was a McDonalds happy meal box. He invited me to sit down, and as I opened the Happy Meal Box, he got down on one knee. Inside, was of course, the ring...and a toy! We had been together for six years and this was harking back to the very first gift he ever gave me - a happy meal toy (which I still have)!

He proposed while we both blubbered and cried and I accepted, and then he produced a beautiful meal which he had been cooking all evening...which, for a man who can't and never cooks, is a wonderful thing.

It really was a beautiful night. :)

Nice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Sent a text saying: lets harmonize our tax affairs once and for all. P.S. Love You. x

I came home late one night after salsa dancing. I knew my housemates were away so was shocked to see a light coming from the kitchen. I stumbled in, to find my boyfriend sitting at a candlelit table.

There were two place settings, he was at one and at the other, there was a McDonalds happy meal box. He invited me to sit down, and as I opened the Happy Meal Box, he got down on one knee. Inside, was of course, the ring...and a toy! We had been together for six years and this was harking back to the very first gift he ever gave me - a happy meal toy (which I still have)!

He proposed while we both blubbered and cried and I accepted, and then he produced a beautiful meal which he had been cooking all evening...which, for a man who can't and never cooks, is a wonderful thing.

It really was a beautiful night. :)

What a great story, so cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

That is a really cute story!!

My lovely husband proposed to me on the beach, it was February and freezing! I had only moved over a few months before from the UK and was feeling really homesick. I was due to go home for the weekend on the friday for a girlie weekend so he took me for a meal the night before and then we went for a walk on the beach after and thats where he got down on one knee and popped the question.

Apparently he needed some security that I was coming back :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

stovelid wrote: »
    Sent a text saying: lets harmonize our tax affairs once and for all. P.S. Love You. x

As an accountant I think this is quite romantic. I mean lets face it, the tax breaks aren't that fantastic!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Summerjones

Some lovely stories there :)

I found the map thing yesterday, doing a clean out of junk I've collected over the years (ticket stubbs from 10 years ago, photo's, and a letter from my cousin dated 24/11/89) All I gotta do now is get down to an art and hobby shop, and get one of those binder books that my sister stored fancy paper in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

We were sitting on the couch in my boyfriend's place. I was lying on his lap, it was a sunny day outside, so peaceful..We were chatting about something random and he just asks: do you wanna get married? I said: yep :)

We were totally broke students at the time, so no rings (happened a few months later when we both started postgrads and got paid).

Wouldn't have it any other way...We got married a year later.

Married over a year now :-):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Nuravictus

My mate proposed to his lady on the pier in howth. He pretended to drop his keys :P. She left him on his knee for 10 minutes before she looked down. lol

My other mate asked his girlfriend what she was doing for the next 80 years, They throw the ring into her lap while he was driving on the N7.

Advertisement