Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's John Terry up to here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

we're "bashing" as you put it Selpher, well I'm not really, but how and ever, erm, why am I bothering replying to these bitter remarks? oh yeah work is boring. We are merely commenting on the fact that if he spat he is a scumbag. is that OKAY???????????????????????????????????

Jaysus lay off the whole "all man united fans are _______ and ________ and ________ ". Can you do that?
    chdpoker wrote: »
    what are you on about

You're fully sure he didn't spit at him then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Tauren wrote: »
    some nice generalising going on in this thread - not every united fan has been bashing terry, so don't lump us all in together - or do people like to lump us all in together so it is easier to have a go?

No, but theres certainly a hundful(Not just here) that give the rest of ye a bad name

topnutz wrote: »
    No, but theres certainly a hundful(Not just here) that give the rest of ye a bad name

Like every other club

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Trilla wrote: »
    we're "bashing" as you put it Selpher, well I'm not really, but how and ever, erm, why am I bothering replying to these bitter remarks? oh yeah work is boring. We are merely commenting on the fact that if he spat he is a scumbag. is that OKAY???????????????????????????????????

Jaysus lay off the whole "all man united fans are _______ and ________ and ________ ". Can you do that?

You're fully sure he didn't spit at him then?
    Im not saying unted fans are anything im saying people are bashing JT when they shouldn't be.I honestly dont think he did spit but its pointless in me that as im a Chelsea supporter. If i thought he did i would be the first to say he was wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

He didn't spit...he blew his nose on another player.

I was refering to Selphers comments over the man utd fans are this and that. And you went from "cop on he didnt spit" to I think he didnt in a matter of minutes so not really a time and a way to be given it loads to people and getting on the high horse.

I hope he didn't for the game of footballs sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

chdpoker wrote: »
    Roy Keane breaking Haalands leg - must be a scumbag.

Nail on head with that one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Trilla wrote: »
    I was refering to Selphers comments over the man utd fans are this and that. And you went from "cop on he didnt spit" to I think he didnt in a matter of minutes so not really a time and a way to be given it loads to people and getting on the high horse.

I hope he didn't for the game of footballs sake!
    Im fully sure he didnt, happy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Nail on head with that one.

A bit like Ben Thatcher, only good at football.

• Advertisement

Draupnir wrote: »
    A bit like Ben Thatcher, only good at football.

Is that the nobody who plays for that blue team? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

yeah you go girl

Well one just has to look at the shinanigins going on here. Case in point chessedudes sig LOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

well for years i have heard he is a racist, think Ashley Cole subtley about it in his book and then the whole Ledley King incident from last season, it wouldnt surprise me if he was covering his mouth so he didnt get caught.

jank wrote: »
    Well one just has to look at the shinanigins going on here. Case in point chessedudes sig LOL!

lol am i breaking the rules with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

What racist comments could he have made? I know he's captain marvel and all that but pulling out an argentinian one of the cuff might be even too much for him. Maybe he said ''Psssst.... Carlos... ye were rubbish in the falklands mate.''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Terry is a skumbag, hes proved it again and again over the years. If he wasn't English the media would have a field day with him. IMO he is much worse for the game than the diving of Ronaldo/ Drogba.

Drogba getting sent off, Ronaldo missing his peno and Terry missing the winning kick was absolutely perfect last night... All these players are bad for the game as a whole (although Ronaldo does seem to be changing) but Terry is just the definition of a c*nt... also just LOL at people trying to defend him or bring up other players incidents, this thread is about TERRY being a skumbag, not Keane/ Neville etc

Also, CHAMPIONE CHAMPIONE OLE OLE OLE :)

• Advertisement

cheesedude wrote: »

Not at all, just letting yourself down with it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Well he choked at the big moment so we'll never know :D

I hate this kind of crap. I'm a united fan and while i was delighted he missed to say he choked is very harsh.

He slipped, if he had he might still have hit the post. He struck the ball well, seemed confident, there are other reasons that a player can miss a pen that 'choking'

If you ever have to take a pen and it matters keep that in mind.

Not at all, just letting yourself down with it

Really? I don't feel let down by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

An Citeog wrote: »
    And then pissing on him as he rolled around on the ground in agony. Oh wait, neither of those things happened!:rolleyes:

Not much point in putting a slant on a story like that without giving relevant facts. Not condoning what Keane did but the reason he did it was Haaland stood over Keane and 'pissed on him as he rolled around on the ground in agony' while saying get the **** up you're faking an injury. Don't paint Keane to be a **** and Haaland as a saint in their fued because he definitely wasn't.
    As far as I'm aware the tackle didn't break his leg either. He did damage to ligaments but didn't break it. According to Haaland's site he retired as a result of injury to the opposite leg to which Keane hit. So it didn't end his career either.

Anyway...
    At the time this happened I saw Tevez reach for his neck and wondered had Terry done something. Tevez reached for his neck for a reason. He had to have felt something...whether it was spit or phlegm I don't know but the incident looks suspicious.
    I don't like Terry and never have but I felt terrible for him missing his penalty like that. If it turns out he did do something to Tevez I'll lose any sympathy I have for him very rapidly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

I've read so many forums today I can't remember if I read the speculation about JT's comments to Tevez in another thread on boards.ie or not so aplogies in advance if I'm duplicating. However, I know on redcafe a couple of would-be lipreaders are saying that Terry was calling Tevez a fcuking Argentine (Argentinian?) c*nt. Classy boy. Am thrilled he missed the peno. Karma baby :D

• Advertisement

Really? I don't feel let down by it.

"Get on your knees and respect them". Are you trying to start a new quasi-religious movement or something? *cough*humility*cough*

I just find it funny. The irony of it. :p

You should find it funny...it's football afterall!

You should find it funny...it's football afterall!

Whoosh!..
    You obviously dont get it when i said "irony".

Whoosh!..
    You obviously dont get it when i said "irony".

Jank from Cork, I don't care.

Probably not. Love how the short term memory works though. Maybe you need a quick reminder of who Man City are -

Beautiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

would you **** off outa here with that crap. what are you like? I didnt see John Terry spitting at Tevez in either of those videos

Jank from Cork, I don't care.

Spoken like a child.

Anyway..... JT is known for this type of stuff but who gives a crap tbh. he lost, they won...move on. Im sure Tevez doesnt give a **** with his CL medal and 5 million a year. So why should we?

Probably not. Love how the short term memory works though. Maybe you need a quick reminder of who Man City are -

Beautiful
    Again Xavi maybe u should aim higher than trying to go one (or two:D) over your city rivals each year and actually progress to perhaps getting that banner removed from the Stretty!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Uefa spokesman William Gaillard said: "The procedure is that we must wait for the report from the referee and the UEFA delegates.

"If the referee says he saw the incident and that the player did not spit, then that will be the end of the matter.

"But if he says he did not see the incident, then we will go back to the video images. If you look at the cases in Euro 2004, when there seemed to be an epidemic of spitting, two players - Italy's Francesco Totti and Switzerland's Sebastien Frei - were both banned for three matches."

So in summary, if the ref says its grand thats the end of it, but if he didnt see it....

• Advertisement

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    would you **** off outa here with that crap. what are you like? I didnt see John Terry spitting at Tevez in either of those videos

Awww somebody not like to be reminded?
    Again Xavi maybe u should aim higher than trying to go one (or two:D) over your city rivals each year and actually progress to perhaps getting that banner removed from Old Trafford!!

Ah twas just a response to our friend who can't recall who City are for some unknown reason. That river in Egypt is a bad place to be.

Awww somebody not like to be reminded?

Ah twas just a response to our friend who can't recall who City are for some unknown reason. That river in Egypt is a bad place to be.

FFS. Whats with the constant goading :confused: City won the 2 derby games, happy days, made your season. Utd fans also happy ATM, but why do you keep going back to it? If you are getting wound up surely theres a better come back than the playground stuff of saying my team beat you this season.

Can't you just learn to get along :)

Sizzler wrote: »
    FFS. Whats with the constant goading :confused: City won the 2 derby games, happy days, made your season. Utd fans also happy ATM, but why do you keep going back to it? If you are getting wound up surely theres a better come back than the playground stuff of saying my team beat you this season.

Can't you just learn to get along :)

*sigh* Have a look at cheesedude's sig then come back to me about 'goading' :rolleyes:

*sigh* Have a look at cheesedude's sig then come back to me about 'goading' :rolleyes:

"sigh" - Be the bigger man.

"sigh" - Be the bigger man.

Easier said than done tbh. I've no problem with a bit of slagging, lord knows I'm well used to it, but blatant antagonising is where I draw the line.

Easier said than done tbh. I've no problem with a bit of slagging, lord knows I'm well used to it, but blatant antagonising is where I draw the line.

His sig is probably complimentary in comparison to what you would hear chanted at a Manc derby tbh.

His sig is probably complimentary in comparison to what you would hear chanted at a Manc derby tbh.

The bleeding hearts for munich out already? Ever been at a United - Arsenal game? Pot kettle and all that.....

In fairness, your sig for a long time was a dig at Ronaldo and a gloat about 2 games out of a 38 game season. And Id lost count at that stage how many times the United superthread had the words "derby defeat" posted in it by u!! Its all a bit of banter, i can take it, local bragging rights went your way this year credit to u, Ive a feeling United will maul City at OT next year though. U can see that defeat hurt the players.

PS thats Kim Il-Sung in your sig, not Thaksin!! What did he do to City!?!?!

The bleeding hearts for munich out already? Ever been at a United - Arsenal game? Pot kettle and all that.....

Can we keep this thread somewhat friendly.

And yes United - Arsenal games have their share of unpleasant songs from BOTH sets of fans. Pot kettle black indeed.....

Any football fan who mocks the dead be it a United fan, City fan, Leeds fan, Liverpool fan, Arsenal fan etc etc is vermin and doesnt deserve to eb associated with "their" clubs in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

I can't see any spitting in the video but you can clearly lip read John Terry calling Tevez 'A F***ing Argie C**t!' It looks like he's using his sleeve to try and stop anyone lipreading and to try and stop the ref hearing what he's saying. I'd heard stories he was a racist and that's just proved it to me.
    Terry obviously missed the 'Kick racism out of Football' campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

grahamo wrote: »
    I can't see any spitting in the video but you can clearly lip read John Terry calling Tevez 'A F***ing Argie C**t!' It looks like he's using his sleeve to try and stop anyone lipreading and to try and stop the ref hearing what he's saying. I'd heard stories he was a racist and that's just proved it to me.

lol

And was race is Tevez?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

I'd heard stories he was a racist and that's just proved it to me.

Best post ever......

I can't see any spitting in the video but you can clearly lip read John Terry calling Tevez 'A F***ing Argie C**t!' It looks like he's using his sleeve to try and stop anyone lipreading and to try and stop the ref hearing what he's saying. I'd heard stories he was a racist and that's just proved it to me.Terry obviously missed the 'Kick racism out of Football' campaign.

Well this is just JT bashing at its ugly best. So you didnt actually see him do anything??:confused: Yet bt the end of your post your accusing him of an act of racism.......against a fellow WHITE MALE no less!!! LOL. Stay away from the tabloids son, if your that thick and nieve, your gona be very mislead by them on a daily basis.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

Well this is just JT bashing at its ugly best. So you didnt actually see him do anything??:confused: Yet bt the end of your post your accusing him of an act of racism.......against a fellow WHITE MALE no less!!! LOL. Stay away from the tabloids son, if your that thick and nieve, your gona be very mislead by them on a daily basis.;)

So you don't think the phrase 'F***ing Argie C**t' is a racist remark? Take the blinkers off Son! JT is a good player and I've plenty of respect for him but that kind of behaviour isn't on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Whatever JT was up to, which definitely was something, it was unpleasant and unsavory at best. He's obviously not a very smart bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

yeah theres nothin worse in football than players doing something is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Terry is probably after missing the penalty and here ye all are publically bashing him

Lovin it :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Ah christ, lock this thread...............its going nowhere.

So you don't think the phrase 'F***ing Argie C**t' is a racist remark? Take the blinkers off Son! JT is a good player and I've plenty of respect for him but that kind of behaviour isn't on.

I do, not them most extreme racist remark, but racist none the less, and it has absolutely no place in the modern game. Im completely open to correction on the matter, but there arent(AFAIK) any pro lipreaders on here who have stated beyond doubt that thats what he said. Im really amazed at the level of conviction used by the accusers here, how can ye all tell what hes saying, and in doing so label him a racist? Oh wait, ye cant, ye're just hoping assuming

• Advertisement
Advertisement