Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's John Terry up to here?

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

So you don't think the phrase 'F***ing Argie C**t' is a racist remark? Take the blinkers off Son! JT is a good player and I've plenty of respect for him but that kind of behaviour isn't on

Calling someone an English wanker, a French frog or an Argie **** does not make someone racist.
    Maybe a bigot or a xenophobe but not a racist.

Christ what do they teach in school these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

gucci wrote: »
    Ah christ, lock this thread...............its going nowhere.

+1

This wall im banging my head against here isnt going any where.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

jank wrote: »
    Calling someone an English wanker, a French frog or an Argie **** does not make someone racist.
    Maybe a bigot or a xenophobe but not a racist.

Christ what do they teach in school these days!

Lack of knowledge is a form of ignorance Jank alright, but so is alot of things...as you well know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

but so is alot of things...as you well know

Hmmm im intrigued. Do tell!

Posted this in the CL Final thread already but just puttin it here as this is the actual place to discuss it.

aylrn6.gif

Lookin at that, and where Tevez rubs his neck, timing of it etc, plus the possible culprit looks to be lining up a nice big gob just before and he's behind the ref so unseen, IF anyone spat at Apache it was Drogba.

Again, I think Terry used his sleeve to cover his mouth so he couldnt have the lovely pleasant things he was about to say to Tevez about the weather, lip read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

selpher wrote: »
    yeah theres nothin worse in football than players doing something is there.

Well it's quite clear JT says something and Tevez didn't wipe his neck for nothing. If you can't see that, get your eyes tested mate.

Swearing and cursing are part of the game, unloading your nostrils onto someone's neck is not. It's disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Well if he did that then he'll get the book thrown at him and rightfully so, but just saying he did something and laying into him for it is pathetic. Like you just want to find something, anything to use against him. If he scored his peno, I'd understand this kind of attitude, but he missed it.In the most important moment of his career and has to live with that. Guess thats not enough for some savages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

To be honest i dont think he spat at him. Swore or insulted maybe but i've yet to see any clip that actually shows anything leaving anyones mouth or actually hit Tevez. Also do you think that would be all someone's reaction would be if they were spat on? He'd have turned straight to the ref and said it, or else straight to Terry in a fury. Really dont see someone just shrug it off after being spat at.

he rubs the exact spot on his neck that Terry's (i assume very wet, sweaty) arm had just brushed up against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Point taken and clarified, I was referring to unloading his nostrils. It was nasty but probably happens more than we see. It wasn't the smartest thing he's ever done, considering the stage.

Anyway, it's hard luck on the guy, biggest moment of his career. There's always going to villans and heroes, that's shoot-outs for you.

Drogba is the real villan if you ask me.
    selpher wrote: »
    Well if he did that then he'll get the book thrown at him and rightfully so, but just saying he did something and laying into him for it is pathetic. Like you just want to find something, anything to use against him. If he scored his peno, I'd understand this kind of attitude, but he missed it.In the most important moment of his career and has to live with that. Guess thats not enough for some savages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

No arguements there. His last action for Chelsea should have been scoring that 5th peno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I just glad it was him that missed vital pen, and not Lampard or Carvalho or the likes... Moany out. More clubs then Tiger Woods and more frowns than a man in a cosmetics store.

edit: Regarding Anelka that is not Terry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Anyway, it's hard luck on the guy, biggest moment of his career. There's always going to villans and heroes, that's shoot-outs for you.

Well if Terry had controlled himself and not attacked Tevez for doing exactly what Chelsea had done twice previously in the match then Drogba would never have got involved.

Both of them behaved like idiots. Both of them got there cumupents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

this thread has great comedy value!
    Terry insulting tevez is racism
    HAHAHAHAHA
    Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Tevez felt the back of his head. Why did he do that then? Fly hit him maybe?
    John Terry clearly said something to him, and was wiping his nose off his sleeve trying to hide the fact he was saying something so he was hardly paying him a compliment.
    UEFA are now invextigating it so they also feel there may have been some foul play. Shame on John Terry! Very unsporting behaviour.
    Drogba made a mistake in the heat of the moment, it happens and it wasn't that big a deal. What John Terry did was disgusting, not exactly the actions of a Capt. of any team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Boggles wrote: »
    Well if Terry had controlled himself and not attacked Tevez for doing exactly what Chelsea had done twice previously in the match then Drogba would never have got involved.

Both of them behaved like idiots. Both of them got there cumupents.

What exactly did Tevez do to annoy the Chelsea players in the first place? Cech kicks the ball out because Carvalho has leg cramps. United throw the ball in and Tevez kicks it back out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

FatherTed wrote: »
    What exactly did Tevez do to annoy the Chelsea players in the first place? Cech kicks the ball out because Carvalho has leg cramps. United throw the ball in and Tevez kicks it back out.

He wanted to close down chelsea from the throw in. Terry took exception to this.

lordgoat wrote: »
    He wanted to close down chelsea from the throw in. Terry took exception to this.

They were actually havin a go at him before that. It was cos he put it into the corner. Chelsea obviosuly forgot the 3 occasions when they did the exact same thing earlier in the match. U can see when they go at tevez that he is indicating that as his reason for doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Posted this in the CL Final thread already but just puttin it here as this is the actual place to discuss it.

aylrn6.gif

Lookin at that, and where Tevez rubs his neck, timing of it etc, plus the possible culprit looks to be lining up a nice big gob just before and he's behind the ref so unseen, IF anyone spat at Apache it was Drogba.

Again, I think Terry used his sleeve to cover his mouth so he couldnt have the lovely pleasant things he was about to say to Tevez about the weather, lip read.

i dont think either spat in my opinion but it kind looks like Drogba is addressing his "Hey" to Terry for some reason. maybe i've just seen it too many times. and if anyone did spit on Tevez's neck it looks most like Terry

and just because some people here cant think of anything racist to say about the Argies doesnt mean Terry didnt have something up his sleeve. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Am I the only one that can clearly see discharge coming from Terrys nose?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

no - you can see something.

UEFA will have the technology to prove either way. Notice there is no push from the English media to prove he didn't, wonder why!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

seen he's been made England captain again.....how can he be captain, along with this booger incident, how many times did he and his temamates surround the ref in that match....any match in fact....he is always there leading the charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

in fairness, from my memory there was two teams badgering the ref in the CL final, and there is no proof he snotted/spat at Tevez... in fact the only pitcorial evidence seems to disprove that he did.

does anyone have any links from Tevez saying Terry spat at him? or racially abused him?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mr Alan wrote: »
    in fairness, from my memory there was two teams badgering the ref in the CL final

if there where 2 teams doing it, does that make it acceptable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Mr Alan wrote: »
    in fairness, from my memory there was two teams badgering the ref in the CL final, and there is no proof he snotted/spat at Tevez... in fact the only pitcorial evidence seems to disprove that he did.

does anyone have any links from Tevez saying Terry spat at him? or racially abused him?

He didn't spit on him but I in the video/gif I can clearly see discharge leaving his nose aimed at Tevez. Look at Terrys nose not his mouth.

I have seen no reports from Tevez mentioning the incident at all. This could mean that the club may be reporting it and are waiting for the refs report which I dont believe has been released yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

no of course it doesnt but Rio Ferdinand was captain of England in the last match. Where is your post saying that was a disgrace? or is your outrage saved for Chelsea players in particular or just John Terry?

• Advertisement
Advertisement