Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In-flight mobile use 'should be restricted to non-voice'

Options
  • 22-05-2008 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

In a recent survey three in four believe mobiles should be restricted to non voice activities when permitted in Aircraft. Not so for Michael O' leary appearently he dosen't care who uses the phone as long as it generates extra revenue for his company. I can see Ryanair having a section at the back reserved at extra cost for those wishing to making voice calls. http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=single11082

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Personally I would be very much in favour of having mobile phones "Restricted to Non-Voice". One thing I find extremely annoying is how on trains and buses, people SHOUT into their mobiles. For one, I have no interest in the other persons conversation, and secondly, on a long journey having a person shouting into their phone behind you gets quite agrevating... Anyone else find the same?? I think I would be reaching for a parachute on a long haul flight! :D
    Of course I can see the benefits especially for business people and the like, but getting people to comply with a Non-Voice rule is another matter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I would put the menace of people shouting into mobiles in par with babies screaming on a plane or any public transport vehicle, they should be made sit at the back :D.

Advertisement