Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HHH King of Kings DVD

• 22-05-2008 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey guys,

I was just wonderin is HHH dvd any good? ive bn really dissapointed with other recent wwe dvd releases and just wanted to know what anyone who has seen it thinks?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Hey guys,

I was just wonderin is HHH dvd any good? ive bn really dissapointed with other recent wwe dvd releases and just wanted to know what anyone who has seen it thinks?

Thanks in advance

Well it's a match compilation, so if you're looking for a documentary, then give this one a miss. If you're looking to get a good set of picks of his matches from 1995-2001 in better video quality, then i'd go for it. He spends about 5 minutes narrating before each match and it's very much in the same type of flow as the Foley DVD a few years back. If you enjoyed that, then you'll like this.

VR!

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Haven't seen it yet but my mate watched it last week and he was very disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Is the rock one the same or do either of them include promos and out of ring segments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

ec18 wrote: »
    Is the rock one the same or do either of them include promos and out of ring segments?

I dont think the Rock one is released yet but I know there are lots of promos on it. Here is the list of stuff on ir from silvervision:
    Disc 1

Samoan Royalty

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
    Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Rocky Maivia
    RAW (13/02/97)

Rock the Ruler

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
    Owen Hart vs. The Rock
    RAW (06/04/98)

Nation vs. DX

King of the Ring Quarterfinal Match
    Triple H vs. The Rock
    RAW (22/06/98)

Rock’s Big Chance

WWE Championship Match (Final Round)
    Mankind vs. The Rock
    Survivor Series (15/11/98)

Rivalry with Mankind

Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship
    Mankind vs. The Rock
    St. Valentine’s Day Massacre (14/02/99)

So it continues…

Ladder Match for the WWE Championship
    Mankind vs. The Rock
    RAW (15/02/99)

Two of the Most Charismatic Superstars Ever

WWE Championship Match
    Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock
    WrestleMania XV (28/03/99)

Disc 2

People’s Champion

Steel Cage Match
    The Rock vs. Triple H
    RAW (05/07/99)

Rock ‘n Sock Connection

World Tag Team Championship
    The Rock / Mankind vs. Undertaker / Big Show
    RAW (30/08/99)

The Verbal SmackDown!

No Holds Barred Match
    The Rock vs. Kane
    SmackDown! (30/12/99)

McMahon – Helmsley Regime vs. The Rock

WWE Championship Match
    Triple H vs. The Rock
    Backlash (30/04/00)

The Following Night…

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship
    The Rock vs. Shane McMahon
    RAW (01/05/00)

The Great One vs. The Olympic Medalist

WWE Championship Match
    Kurt Angle vs. The Rock
    No Way Out (25/02/01)

The New Title

WCW Championship Match
    Booker T vs. The Rock
    SummerSlam (19/08/01)

The Undisputed Champion

Undisputed WWE Championship Match
    Chris Jericho vs. The Rock
    Royal Rumble (20/01/02)

Disc 3

Icon vs. Icon

The Rock vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan
    WrestleMania X8 (17/03/02)

Triple Threat

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Undisputed Championship
    Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker vs. The Rock
    Vengeance (21/07/02)

Just Bring It

The Rock vs. Eddie Guerrero
    RAW (22/07/02)

Third Time’s A Charm?

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock
    WrestleMania XIX (30/03/03)

Transcending Sports Entertainment

The Rock: The Most Electrifying in Sports Entertainment

Extras

Promos
    # Heat July 11, 1999 – “Billy’s Prayer to God”
    # RAW August 9, 1999 – “The Big Slow”
    # RAW September 6, 1999 – “My Name is Kane”
    # RAW November 15, 1999 – “Doughnuts”
    # SmackDown! August 10, 2000 – “Hermie”
    # RAW December 4, 2000 – “Armageddon Opponents”
    # RAW August 13, 2001 – “Thomas Jefferson Sucka”
    # RAW September 10, 2001 – “The People’s Strudel”
    # SmackDown! September 20, 2001 – “Great Balls of Fire”
    # SmackDown! January 3, 2002 – “Copacabana”
    # SmackDown! January 17, 2002 – “Camera Man”
    # SmackDown! January 24, 2002 – “The Charleston”
    # No Way Out February 17, 2002 – “NWO”
    # SmackDown! July 11, 2002 – “Busta Rhymes”
    # RAW March 10, 2003 – “The Superhero”
    # RAW June 21, 2004 – “Miami Dolphins”
    # The One-Liners

If you're looking for promos, give this one a pass and get the 2cd edition of Just Bring It, if you can find it on ebay or something. There's an entire DVD worth of promos from 1999-2002, as the ones on this DVD look like like a trimmed down version of said disc.

No documentary on this one either, but that was done in 2002 and let's face it, he's done f*ck all to note since.

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I bought Triple H's one yesterday and I've only gotten a few matches into it, but I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. I know some people complained about having the entire 2002 Royal Rumble on it, but I love that match and wanted it on DVD for ages. I have to applaud WWE for the way they try not to duplicate matches on DVDs.

Minto wrote: »
    I bought Triple H's one yesterday and I've only gotten a few matches into it, but I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. I know some people complained about having the entire 2002 Royal Rumble on it, but I love that match and wanted it on DVD for ages. I have to applaud WWE for the way they try not to duplicate matches on DVDs.

They don't have the entire Rumble 2002 match on it though. It was cut until HHH made his entrance. And his number was drawn pretty late, he was like 23 or 24 or something. There's only about 15-20 minutes of that match. Unless it was featured later on as an extra?

HBK's one had his full Rumble match on it, but that 1995 one was a joke at 60 second intervals, the whole thing ended in about 34 minutes, so it could be put on entirely.

VR!

They don't have the entire Rumble 2002 match on it though. It was cut until HHH made his entrance. And his number was drawn pretty late, he was like 23 or 24 or something. There's only about 15-20 minutes of that match. Unless it was featured later on as an extra?

HBK's one had his full Rumble match on it, but that 1995 one was a joke at 60 second intervals, the whole thing ended in about 34 minutes, so it could be put on entirely.

VR!

I could have sworn the whole thing was on it, haven't gotten to it yet. I swore I read it on another wrestling forum?

Minto wrote: »
    I could have sworn the whole thing was on it, haven't gotten to it yet. I swore I read it on another wrestling forum?

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/32761/wwe-triple-h-the-king-of-kings-there-is-only-one/
    This tells me otherwise, look at the length of time beside the match list.
    Stop using Alvarez's sh*tty forums for your information dude, you make wrestling fans look bad! ;)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I just reviewed it a couple of day ago, and the Rumble 02 match does indeed start with HHH's entrance, which is like, number 23 or so. That said, whats left of that match is pretty sweet stuff.

I cant recommend it to be fair. Like others have said, if you want a variety of good matches, it's very good value (though he's had better matches with pretty much everyone included). But the documentary snippets are pitiful. He touches on interesting stuff, but doesnt go into detail at all. seriously lacking, the documentary on the 1-disc, "the game" was much better, and even the old "it's our time" VHS, was much better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭axxechikka

I think it would be be worth buying if there are a few matches you don't have anywhere else, like I bought it for Austin at No Mercy '99 and the Hell in a Cells with Foley and Batista cos I didn't have them on any other DVDs. It also has some great old matches (vs Foley King of the Ring '97, vs Owen Hart WM 14) that you probably wouldn't own on DVD.

But like others have said, don't buy it if you're expecting an in depth documentary like say the Shawn Michaels one.

the documentary on the 1-disc, "the game" was much better

You seriously think so? WWE didn't quite know how to do documentaries at the time that was released (May 2002 i believe it was). It was so bad it barely glossed over his feud with Rock, the ladder match, the 2/3 falls match. And this was before they started bleeping and blurring everything as well! I only got mine because i found it in a bargain bin in Laser on Georges St, but getting the Flair v Steamboat match on DVD at the time was a good reason for buying it (the Flair set wasn't out by that point).

But the documentary was no great shakes, especially Earl Hebner sticking his tongue up HHH's ass when they talk about the Summerslam 2000 match.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

^^^ Sometimes i don't make myself clear at all...
    I meant that the doc bit itself, and the format, was better than the collective of soundbites from hunter on the new set. I thought that they went into pretty good detail about some goodstuff, although you're right, they missed some essential feuds, and really turned up the ass-kissing. But were it did go into detail i thought it was good. And i was also thinking of the time when it was released, we hadn't yet been exposed to that many great dvd compilations.

My full review is here if anyone wants to check it out... it's the new website from the Wrestlemag team (when it was, um good). http://www.wwepreview.com/category/reviews/

Stop using Alvarez's sh*tty forums for your information dude, you make wrestling fans look bad! ;)

VR!

Lol, I only saw this now. It wasn't on "The BOARD" that I heard it actually. I can't remember where it was tbh. I realised about 10 minutes after my last post that it started at number 23, but was too stubborn to admit it then, lol.

^^^ Sometimes i don't make myself clear at all...
    I meant that the doc bit itself, and the format, was better than the collective of soundbites from hunter on the new set. I thought that they went into pretty good detail about some goodstuff, although you're right, they missed some essential feuds, and really turned up the ass-kissing. But were it did go into detail i thought it was good. And i was also thinking of the time when it was released, we hadn't yet been exposed to that many great dvd compilations.

Had they done that DVD one year later, it would have been seriously awesome. But the other thing you have to remember also, is this is now HHH's third DVD (That Damn Good was also released around the same timeframe as The Game), and now this.
    Minto wrote:
    Lol, I only saw this now. It wasn't on "The BOARD" that I heard it actually. I can't remember where it was tbh. I realised about 10 minutes after my last post that it started at number 23, but was too stubborn to admit it then, lol.

Lol at "THE BOARD". Nice to see my stubbornness has rubbed off on you somewhat over the course of the past year. :)

VR!

Advertisement