Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One of those letters "Auto Upgrade"

Options
  • 22-05-2008 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Just got one of the letters from UPC about my BB usage. I am on the rebranded Broadband light package (2MB/192KB) and am getting told that this package has a 20GB cap.

This seems strange to me as the current 1MB package also has a 20GB cap, but anyway...

My question is that if I call them for an upgrade I assume that I be forced to take a new 1 year contract but the letter informs me that I will be automatically upgraded to a new package if I do not call.

Maybe I am wrong but I am guessing that if they automatically upgrade me then they cannot force me on to a new 1 year contract without some sort of consent from me.

Anybody been "Auto upgraded" before? Did they force a new contract on you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

The 2MB package is no longer being sold(and cap is staying at 20GB as far as I know) The 1MB package has a now increased cap to 20GB. They now only have 1MB, 6MB and 12MB being sold to new customers. People on the 2MB package have the option to stay on it or pay an extra fiver to move to 6MB/512Kb with a 60GB cap.
    Your probably right about not going into a new contract if auto upgraded. From the sound of things you have went over your cap too often and your getting a penalty of been upgraded to a faster service with higher cap and costing you a fiver extra a month. Not that bad a penalty IMO. Possibly if you ring them, they may tell you to take it easy and leave you on your current package.

Advertisement