Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge - Broadband

Options
  • 22-05-2008 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

I was considering getting Corus Broadband in the Oaks, Newbridge. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience either good or bad with their broadband service. I don't have any of their products currently and the 6mb package @36euro pm with no connection fee it seems like a good enough deal.

I'm currently using three broadband but its just cat, I don't have a land line
    and don't really want one, but if someone has a better idea I'd maybe consider getting one. I'd have to pay a 121euro connection fee

Thanks,
    Dave.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Not sure about Chorus. My bro uses high speed BB with Irish Broadband and reckons its great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nudge

Hi
    I live in Newbridge too. I rang Chorus after getting a flyer in the door. My boyfriend took the day off work to wait in for them after they arranged a time to come around. He waited the whole day and they didn't turn up. When he rang they said 'oh someone should have told you we don't service that area anymore' yet we are still getting flyers through the door. I tried various broadband after that and now have Clearwire. The signal is very good and you don't need a landline. The signal is bad on so many of the other wireless ones in Newbridge because of the masts in the Curragh Camp apparently. I am able to email very large files with the Clearwire so it's good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dizzydub

I've just told clearwire to come collect their modem as I can't get signal anywhere in my house (Langton Park) I've signed up for Chorus and they're allegedly coming on Friday, so we'll see then!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

Went with NTL/Chorus. I went fro the 6mb package & got it installed last friday. Currently working a treat.

I've been impressed with the sales/installation services so far. Got a text, a phone call & a recorded phone call all confirming installation before Friday. The guy came during the alloted period & was finished in under and hour.

Far cry from what they were like for me in Dublin CC a few years ago, hopefully it will continue.

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Newbridge Newby

Just to let ye know, Irish Broadband have a couple of site technical employees living in Newbridge so you can be guaranteed that there'll always be a really good connection!

• Advertisement
Advertisement