Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A330-300

Options
  • 22-05-2008 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭

Lads/Lassies I'm wondering if anyone can answer a little query of mine

I had 2 flights on Aer Lingus A330-300s over the weekend and noticed a 'funny' with the seating. the seats were laid out as follows
    AB| |DEFG| |HK
    AB| |DEFG| |HK
    AB| |DEFG| |HK

Anyone got any reasons for missing letters??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The Aisle removes C from it, and I is not used for fear of confusion with the number 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

The Aisle removes C from it, and I is not used for fear of confusion with the number 1

But on any 747 I've been on the lettering was all the way acress, ABC| |DEFG| HIJ

Seating arrangement is different on a 747, could also be down to airline preference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

The Aisle removes C from it

I don't get it...

ian_m wrote: »
    I don't get it...

Neither do I....but tis the way it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Ill rephrase. I don't understand the explanation regarding the removal of the letter C.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

gatecrash wrote: »
    Lads/Lassies I'm wondering if anyone can answer a little query of mine

I had 2 flights on Aer Lingus A330-300s over the weekend and noticed a 'funny' with the seating. the seats were laid out as follows
    AB| |DEFG| |HK
    AB| |DEFG| |HK
    AB| |DEFG| |HK

Anyone got any reasons for missing letters??

Its airline preference. EI have standardises they seating.
    On EI all windows seat on single aisle as seats A and F. Aisles are always C and D. One anomaly to this is on the A321 beside the exit area there are 2 rows without a window seat, so for example you have 8ABC-DEF,9BC-DE,10ABC-DEF.

On the widebodies (A330) Windows are A and K. Aisle are C D G H. As the seating is 2-3-2 the B and J are non-existing seats. As stated above I is not used due to similarity to number 1.

So you have:

AC-DEFG-HK

and at the back where the fuselage narrows you have:

AC-DEG-HK.

In Premier Class with a 2-2-2 lay-out you have:

AC-DG-HK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Aer Lingus used do the same on their commuter aircraft, the turbo props. 2 aisle 2 was the layout, AC DF were the row names. Aer Arann do the same.

Advertisement