Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Westwood for Ireland?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Up until a couple of months ago Leeds were one of the worst footballing sides in L1...... non stop long ball hoofing, atrocious to watch. The last thing i think we've done is brought glamour!

Sides like Swans, Donny, Forest and especially Hartlepool have played brilliant football, and the majority of it has been rewarded. They don't need Leeds to glamourise their league. The standard of football at times has been excellent, and the players are far superior to anything the EL has to offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

The standard of football at times has been excellent, and the players are far superior to anything the EL has to offer
    That's nonsense. Are you telling me that the likes of Paddy McCourt, Keith Fahey, John Paul Kelly, Faz Kudozovic, Eamonn Zayed, Joe Gamble, etc. couldn't cut it at League 1 level? Absolute nonsense.

I feel a couple of clips are necessary to emphasise my point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPv-OIpsI1s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXllkCxvq8k&feature=related

How NI can afford to leave McCourt out of their squad is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

No, what I'm saying is the likes of Jermaine Beckford, Kris Commons, Jason Scotland, Kieran Westwood, Lee Bernard, Rui Marques, Andy Robinson, Junior Agogo et al are far far too good for EL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Death or Glory I suppose you're one of those who think Celtic and Rangers would struggle in the Championship.

Why bother mentioning a bunch of random players in an attempt to illustrate that third tier english football is better than Eircom League?

Let me ask do you watch much of the Eircom League?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

There are two seperate debates happening here.

Is this guy good enough? Possibly. But at the moment we have an abundance of serious keepers playing at home, specifically the two Murphys at the big two Dublin clubs and Quigley at Derry. All with underage international big game experience. Third fourth and fifth chioces in my opinion.

Secondly, the whole plastic paddy argument. McGeady and Kilbane are clearly Irish even if they happen to be born overseas. For this guy to talk about 'picking' Ireland and how he wasnt 'really Irish but it was ok because he was Catholic' to me fundamentally demeans the jersey and is a spit in the eye of all the hard work being done by the FAI to produce players.

Its demeaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm just boggled some think EL beats League 1, EL = Conference.

Mike.

LOL and heres me thinking Pats would take any PL side bar Everton in the UEFA, one of us hasnt a ****ing a clue about football and actually watching it...on a pitch...as its happening....right there... not on tv ....with replays ...but right there......s it happens.

bring on the city.

kdjac

Advertisement