Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vehicle Reg Cert

Options
  • 22-05-2008 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Bought a car a while ago and the guy never gave me the VRC he said he would sort it out...Said he didn't trust me. LOL wierdo. It's been a good while now and i've rang the Department Of Transport And still hasn't changed over. Can't remember where he lives or his No.. had it on a sheet but lost it. What can i do needs to be taxed...????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Get a speeding fine by driving past one of the speed cameras, he won't be long transferring the car into your name when he gets the points/fine!

It can take several weeks for Shannon to sort out a change of ownership. Having said that it only took a week for them to do 2 change of address for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Get a speeding fine by driving past one of the spped cameras, he wont be long transferring the car into your name when he gets the points/fine!

It can take several weeks for Shannon to sort out a change of ownership. Having said that it only took a week for them to do 2 change of ownerships for me.

LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Get a speeding fine by driving past one of the spped cameras, he wont be long transferring the car into your name when he gets the points/fine!

i've seen a few topics about this over the last while and thats the best solution i've heard:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

0tinytim0 wrote: »
    Bought a car a while ago and the guy never gave me the VRC he said he would sort it out...Said he didn't trust me. LOL wierdo. It's been a good while now and i've rang the Department Of Transport And still hasn't changed over. Can't remember where he lives or his No.. had it on a sheet but lost it. What can i do needs to be taxed...????

You bought the car privately I presume so surely you know where the guy lives. If you didnt view the car at his house you were foolish. If you did view it at his house, surely you would find it again.
    Did you see the log book at the time?
    Maybe he doesnt have it?
    Maybe it wasnt his car to sell?
    Or maybe it just an innocent problem like lost in post

Anyway there is a form you can get to claim ownership. You then take it to a garage to stamp that the car is what it says it is and then get a garda to sign it as well and then they will issue new log book to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 0tinytim0

Still nothing received by the Department Of Transport. I know it takes a few weeks. But when they receive it it goes on the system and you can see it on the motortax.ie website. Just wondering about tax if it's still in his name will i have to pay the arrears on it if it ever changes over. Tax was out in JAN. And i just don't want to risk the car getting takin off me by the guards....

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

First off he's not supposed to give it to you, he's supposed to send it off to Clare.

Did you sign it??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

0tinytim0 wrote: »
    Still nothing received by the Department Of Transport. I know it takes a few weeks. But when they receive it it goes on the system and you can see it on the motortax.ie website. Just wondering about tax if it's still in his name will i have to pay the arrears on it if it ever changes over. Tax was out in JAN. And i just don't want to risk the car getting takin off me by the guards....

You only start paying tax from the beginning of the month it's registered in your name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nr23

I've a similar problem, changed the car on 3rd May with the tax disc showing 12/07. Garage said they sent the registration docs off on the 5th and there's been no sign of the registration doc yet.

There was another thread last week where someone said there's a 7 to 8 week delay on registrations at the moment so I'm not too worried about it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

mickdw wrote: »
    Anyway there is a form you can get to claim ownership. You then take it to a garage to stamp that the car is what it says it is and then get a garda to sign it as well and then they will issue new log book to you.

I have a similar problem and tried getting the form signed at my local station. They told me that it has to be the registered owner of the car that does this. I managed to get through to Shannon after days of trying. It is taking about 3-4 weeks to process a change of ownership at the moment. Best bet is to keep hounding the original owner or go for the speeding fine. (Brilliant idea):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 0tinytim0

Just went over to his place seeing as he wouldn't answer the phone the D**K. And someone answered and says he's left the country. I smell some Bulls**t. Yep defiantly :D. Gettin annoyed now.

Advertisement