Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Statoil station yesterday - Esso station today

Options
  • 22-05-2008 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

If anyones from Galway they might know the statoil station on the headford road at the courtyard mariott hotel.

Yesterday there diesel was 1.41 and petrol was 1.39 I think. D'ont quote me on the petrol price but it was very high.

Back home in tesco it's only about 1.17 and diesels only about 121 or 122 I think.

Today that statoil station are putting up esso signs. He's obviously losing custom.

I've often wondered why statoil's are the most expensive station's around.

I always thought that all their oil came from the North sea aswell and not the middle east.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The Statoil name and Statoil owned branches were bought by Topaz who also own Shell afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

All the Shell Stations & Statoils were bought out by Denies O'Brien & some of the people behind SWS. They wil all be re-branded as Topaz soon. Maybe this one was not part of the franchise transfer.
    When BP sold up to Statoil many years ago our local BP never went to Statoil, the garage owner told me that Statoil wanted too much money, he went with Maxol instead.

Edit: just got there before me!

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

delly wrote: »
    The Statoil name and Statoil owned branches were bought by Topaz who also own Shell afaik.

The Shell in Dalkey has changed to Topaz

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ You can now use Statoil fuel cards in shell branches too. Won't be long before the whole lot change to the Topaz name I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,892 ✭✭✭✭L1011

A lot of the Statoils are franchises and one 8 or 9 station franchiser in the West has changed to franchising Esso instead - thats why its changing.

"Statoil" at Taney and Newlands X are now both totally Topaz'ed - its rolling out quite fast as i think the licence remaining on the name.

Most of the Donegal Statoils seem to have gone completely - still branded as Statoil but not on Topaz's list, I'll expect they'll become no-namers in time or re-franchise. These are generally independently owned rather than a group even.

• Advertisement
Advertisement