Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Best Tailor in Hoi An Vietnam

• 22-05-2008 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi All,

Im in Vietnam and i have a wedding to go to when i finish my travels, im looking to get a really nice suit can anyone reccomend the best place to get one in Hoi An from experiance also the best way to get it sent home after.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

Listen, i dunno if picked the wrong place but myself and my dad got two suits measured up, returned to pick them up to disastrous consequences. THEY WERE FLIPPIN AWFUL!!!! ended up paying half price for both out of generosity.
    I know its generalising, but i wudnt reccomend it atall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

This link should help - Hoi An Tailors

Personally, we went to a place called Bao Khanh tailors - they are situated on 101 Tran Hung Dao Street. Brilliant, suits still look great and they've been through alot ;) great service and unbelievable value for top quality

Another recommendation would be 22 Le Loi, on 22 Le Loi street, so should be easy to remember :) Didnt get a suit here but GF got 2 dresses and i got a few shirts, all were excellent

Enjoy the trip :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mcic

If you're looking for suits/shirts/anything not made from silk, then Yaly is a good place to go. Reviews here.

They're fast, efficient and pretty cheap (you'll find cheaper options, but they can be hit and miss). They also don't make you pay upfront - so if something isn't right, you can just leave it. Massive selection of fabrics (and prices) too. They've got at least two (maybe three?) branches in Hoi An, fairly close together.

Ideally you should have a picture of exactly what you want and be able to just go in and tell them which fabric you want. Alternatively, they'll have some catalogues and mannequins.

If Hoi An isn't near the end of your trip, then you should think about posting the stuff home - it's a lot easier than carrying stuff around and trying to look after suits/shirts/etc. Posting it by sea takes about three weeks, but is half the price of airmail. They'll box it all up for you and give you all the forms for customs and everything else.

Advertisement