Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New AIB laser cards now have 3 digit security code

Options
  • 22-05-2008 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Just recieved my Laser/Maestro card from AIB this morning.
    On the back, the last 4 digits of the card are printed on the signature strip then beside that is a 3 digit number. I assume this is the infamous cvv2 security code.
    My mother has the same card as me, which was issued last year, but it does not have any numbers or code on the back of the card.(And from what i read here on boards, nobody elses laser/maestros have these numberes either)

I have tried to use it on Amazon but it didnt work. So is this security code that we were all looking for still useless to us? I think so.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

No mine doesn't have one on the back which is crap... but maybe secretly good because then i'd keep spending what little money i have.

I thought it might just be because i have a student account but from talking to others, there's is the same. my boyfriend was saying that it's not on all laser cards? His BOI laser has one anyway

If they're issuing it on new cards.. could my card get "lost" and i'd have to get a new one or could i actually just ask for a new one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ow2h7nft1me9i4

I have a student plus (not actually a 3rd level student yet :p) account with AIB, and got my card (I just had a regular banklink card) "lost" last friday :p. Rang the helpline, and told them. They asked what kind of card it was, i just said "I dunno, my bank card" And he just said that they would be sending out a laser/maestro card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Technically I suppose I'm not a "proper" student. I was when I got my acount upgraded... but now I'm 21 and in private college part time... hehehe!!

Pretty crap if they put the code on and we can't use it!!Was grand at first when I got it, i ordered clothes from a UK site and they didn't ask for the number, but now they do :( It'd save me having to owe people like my mother money from using her visa etc

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The 3 digit code won't magically make websites accept it I'm afraid - that's only one of many issues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

I have a Laser/Maestro card from BOI, have had one since '03 and it's always had the code, but it doesn't usually work online :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement