Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too early for this? [faveGTA]

• 22-05-2008 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I think we've all played it enough to make an informed decision. What's your favourite GTA?

For me, I think it's Vice City (even though IV is superb). I bought it before I bought GTA III and spent many days trying to clear it. The radio stations, the missions, the story, all of it just worked.

Favourite GTA 53 votes

GTA
    0% 0 votes
    GTA 2
    7% 4 votes
    GTA London
    3% 2 votes
    GTA Advance
    1% 1 vote
    GTA III
    0% 0 votes
    GTA Vice City
    11% 6 votes
    GTA San Andreas
    35% 19 votes
    GTA Liberty City Stories
    39% 21 votes
    GTA Vice City Stories
    0% 0 votes
    GTA IV
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I loved GTA3. The hours i wasted cruising around the city. I know my way around it better than Limerick :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah IV is fantastic with the inclusion of MP etc etc but I dunno its gotta be VC. There's just something about that game that warms the cockles of me heart :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

san andreas ftw...i just love the early 90s gangwar thing and the soundtrack and the planes and the characters and and and :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I played and loved them all (with the exception of the PSP ones, couldn't use those controls) and for me its got to be GTA4. Vice City was fantastic when it came out and I still love the soudntrack but the game hasn't aged so well. I reinstalled it on my PC a couple of weeks ago for the laugh.

So its this order for me:
    GTA IV (physics and a decent combat system brings so much to the game)
    Vice City (80s ftw)
    San Andreas (poxy gang battles/flying missions, otherwise good)
    GTA III (needs motorbikes, helicopters, etc :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

GTA2. Have never liked or bought any of the GTA games after it....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

GTA IV is by far the best game, but in terms of joy and connection, it must be GTA:SAN ANDREAS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i have to make two lists.

normal list
    III.
    III:vice city.
    IV.
    I.
    II.
    I:london.
    III:san andreas.

sheer enjoyment list
    III:vice city.
    IV.
    III.
    I.
    II.
    I:london.
    III:san andreas.

While going through it i would have said GTA 4, but now i've finished it i'd probably say Vice City, GTA 4 defo has the better story and cut scenes but the missions were'nt great tbh, it was the opposite with Vice City, you were'nt getting into the story as much but the missions were a lot better and considering it's to play we buy these things then it has to be Vice City

Better soundtrack too and got more plays out of it at the time, granted it has'nt aged well but what game has?... your just comparing it to the cureent gen' game sub-consiously, if it was made now and GTA 4 then it would be ahead by even more!!

Still nearly every edition would make my top 10 games of all-time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Its gotta be GTA3 for me, the grim atmosphere just hasn't been beaten by any other GTA game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

1st
    SA: I just loved that game so much and it was at a point in my life where i had nothing to do in the evenings but go upstairs and play it until my brain got hurt,i still remember the trucking missions and driving around the country and through the Desert listhening to the country music Station.

2nd
    GTA4 - the combat and the cover system are just superb. The cars also but above all the lead charecter is the best of the series.

3Rd Vice city,the athmosphere ,the music and the voice cast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'm sorry, but I think IV surpast Vice City IMO. OMG, I love GTA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Gta2 4eva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

GTA 3 was the most fun to me.. then Vice City.. GTA IV was still great though graphics wise.. Story was good! Multiplayer is meh..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

It's still GTA III, although IV is coming close to over taking it, still haven't finished it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Tommy Vercetti = Best Character
    San Andreas = Best Place
    III = Best missions/Story.

But IV wins as the all-rounder. It is the Best combination of Character/place/story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Markvtos

I don't count Liberty City Stories or Vice City stories as full GTA games, because their more of a spin off than anything.

Anyway, for me it's a very close call between GTA 3 and San Andreas. GTA 3 had the best storyline and atmosphere, where as San Andreas was best forall silly fun.

If I had to pick one though, it would be San Andreas, because it just truly felt like you could go anywhere and do anything, and even after completing the game, you still want to play the game over and over and over again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

San Andreas winning?!

Vice City FTW by a country mile for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

GTA IV by the slightest of margins.

Second would be San Andreas which is the best single player experience but the multiplayer in GTA IV tips the balance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Vice City by a long way. Not too big and not too small, daecent story, and the best soundtrack ever seen in a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If I answered this 2 days ago, it'd have been "GTA IV is great, but Vice City is unbeatable!"

Now, with the last few missions, dates, cars, and just touring about getting up to random mischief, I have to say that IV has surpassed Vice City for me now.

Mind you, I must load up Vice City onto my laptop again, and edit the 1989 batmobile into it again! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Best Storyline: GTA3, partly because it was the first of its type.
    Best Atmosphere: GTA3, the dark grim atmosphere hasn't been beaten by any other GTA game IMO.
    Best Levels / Map: GTA4, although I would have liked some countryside.
    Best Vehicles: GTA:SA, the only game with proper planes.
    Best Characters: GTA3, loved the whole mafia / yakuza / cartel thing.
    Best Missions: GTA3, great selection of very good missions.

I didn't include stories because they really are only spinoffs as was said earlier.

So yeah, GTA3 ftw :D

Advertisement