Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drogba versus Benitez

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

It's hard to be objective when you are so close to a team,

I'm of the Alan Hanson school of football appreciation, teams are built from the back, I admit this season there is little spark, we rely on Drogs and Joe Cole (who isn't at his best) to provide the fireworks, Malouda is no replacement for Robben, but then again Robben was fit for about half of his Chelsea career

Arsenal lack substance for me, pretty to watch when they are tearing Derby apart, but put them against an organised strong team and they fall apart, so no, I think a lot of what is said about Arsenal is bull****, they are not the masters of sexy football in england

Manyoo play very good football, I will admit, very strong at the back and lethal up front, midfield is a little stodgy, but it hasn't cost them any trophies, so it must be working

So basically, I do enjoy watching Chelsea play, moreso than the other two, but I will admit this season they have lacked wizardry, it was a stodgy season, but pretty effective

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 633 ✭✭✭dublinario

That's a fair run-down. Arsenal's sometime toothless-ness definitely cost them this season (and other seasons). I admire what they're aspiring to do though.

A widely held belief about Benitez and Mourhino (still a little early to know Grant's philosophy) is that they don't want to play pretty football. I remember Giles saying he didn't think Mourhino would want Ronaldhino even if he was available, because he wouldn't fit into the team ethic. Similarly, there is that suspicion that Benitez doesn't really have any great desire to play beautiful football. Fergie and Wenger definitely do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

in my opinion the top teams in England play either attractive or powerful football.

Powerfull=Liverpool,chelski

Attractive=Utd,Arsenal

I dont think any people would disagree with this analogy.
    DerKaiser,I dont see how you can say chelski play attractive football when they clearly dont.You say Liverpool play boring football but yet they and Liverpool play basically the exact same way.Both Hard working teams that imo lack the creative flair of UTD and Arsenal but its the type of style that is usually responsible for dispatching the flair sides of Europe,i.e barcelona etc

It has been said that Chelski have been this season "grinding out victories",thats exactly what Liverpool did in 2005.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

DerKaiser wrote: »
    Stupid? At least I can spell DerKaiser correctly, 3 fluked finals in 4 years, pool fans are blind and totally unobjective to a man, it was a pleasure to knock your arses out of the champions league and do it PROPERLY! No phantom goals, no penalty shoot outs, by scoring goals

Numpty ****ing moron

Er, if Riise hadnt headed it into his own goal, Chelsea wouldnt have qualified. Not to mention it should have been a corner at the opposite end of the field to begin with. So technically Chelsea didnt outscore Liverpool and surely Chelsea cant think they deserved all the penalties they got against Liverpool this year?

If you could spell your name correctly you'd know there should be a space in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Read the rules people. If you go calling players/users names, you're going to get banned.

Mike65 & gucci, you're walking the line

dc69 warned

DerKaiser banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Pool fan here (and Benitez fan too). I think Benitez let himself down with his comments about Drogba. Also if he was playing mind games they did not work. I also think Benitez should desist from mind games because he's not got that nasty streak which you need to make them effective.

I really like Drogba. I think he's a great leader and a principled player whether for Chelsea or for the Ivory Coast. I'd love to see him at Liverpool but without the diving. He's good enough not to need to dive. Also his personal story is inspiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Thank **** DerKaiser got banned. His trolling was starting to wreck my head!
    How anyone can say Gerrard is a diver more so than the likes of Drogba. Gerrard goes down if contact is made now and again, Drogba just dives all over the pich, his back arched, his chest out and the look of anguish on his face. Laughable! Delighted he got sent off and fitting that that should be his last action for Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Any manager that criticises a player from another team for diving is throwing stones in a glass house, every team has divers Beneitz has Gerrard, Grant has Drogba, Fergie has Ronaldo etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

DerKaiser wrote: »
    A numpty is an idiot

I'm sorry guys, pool are a very limited team and you were not convincing in your last three seasons, finals or no finals, under Houllier when you won the plastic treble you were so bloody boring and un technical in fact Liverpool have been pretty rubbish since around 1990, at least when you had your success in the '70s and '80s it was by playing decent football, but you can't tell Liverpool fans that, they don't listen, all they can do is attack the teams above them out of spite and jealousy

What are you on about? This is COMPLETELY off topic.

Back OT, I hate Drogba. Everything about him. He pretty much sums up what I hate about football at the minute, all these grown men rolling about the ground like they've been shot the second someone touches them. He is the reason I wanted Utd to win the CL.

• Advertisement
Advertisement