Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock band band and forum re-name

Options
  • 22-05-2008 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hey guys, being a relative newbie here I don't wanna go stepping on any toes, but it seems that the GH chat has died off a lot with the impending release of rock band. Do you think the forum should be renamed to GH and RB, or just create a new one for RB itself? Just a suggestion.

Also the main point of this thread is to have a place where RB players can get together to start a band, as that is what is most fun about the game! If you want to start a band or are looking for band members please post your name, instrument and difficulty, gamertag or PSN name, and what times you'd be likely to play at (eg. timezones etc.)

I'm on PS3, I'll play anything except vocals cos I suck majorly at singing. I play expert guitar and bass (except for GGAHT on guitar, fail out in the second solo) and hard drums (expert drums on a lot of songs, just the later tier songs scare me). Add me on Playstation if you wanna play, my name there is slimbun, same as on here handily! I'm in the south east of good old Ireland, but work odd shifts so I could be online at any time.

Rawk on! \m/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

There was discussion from before the forum began about the title, would it be a rhythm game forum, or GH. I think it probably should have gone with some sort of rhythm/music type title but that's a discussion for another day. It was agreed upon when the forum started that the title would remain and we would discuss all of our Rock Band antics in here as well as it's made from the guys behind GH and there's no point in creating a new forum for it.

My Live tag is SmellyIrishMan, think my friends list is full up of Boardsies already though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

Good point, rhythm game forum would have been best, but sure makes no difference really! Just thought anyone looking for RB help/discussion in Ireland would come across the forum easier when googling it if it had RB included in the forum name. No different to us really.

I might try add ya on Xbox live anyway, if your list is full then don't worry bout it. I have GH3 on 360 (along with a good few other games) so I wouldn't mind a game online with a boardie for a change. I'm really hoping that the other people who have imported RB (for PS3 obviously) will get into this thread and we can get a band going, would be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Meh, once the next GH installment is due for release and Rock Band has been around a while, the GH banter will probably come back.

Either way, the name doesn't bother me.
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

rock band is only 190 in Zavvi (virgin) for the whole package includin game! Only for the first three days of release tho

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Rock Hero forum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

"Music Game Super Dooper Button Mashing Fun Forum"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

rock star simulator forum :D?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'd say something subtle, like Guitar Heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

'The forum for people who cant play real instruments' :D

or

'Rock band/Guitar Hero'