Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam pens

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

VectorParkerBallpointBlackBarrel_1.jpg
    I use this Parker pen as my standard blue pen. Then I have papermate and staedtler pens as backups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Is it just me or are Staedler pens unreliable at the start. They cut out regularily? it happened with a few of mine! Grrr :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

zombie thread! :eek:

Am I the only one that just uses whatever pen I find in my house? I bring 2 in plus a red one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Des23 wrote: »
    Also this bad boy is all you need when it comes to pens, rubber grip, really fine line, nice steadtler ink, clicky top, the list is endless....:D

Omg, its my pen!!!! Ahhhh!!!! I bought one of these aaages ago, absolutely loved it, then when it ran out, went back to the shop, it was GONE! :eek: Since then, ive traipsed around to every stationery shop i could find with my poor little run out pen, but absolutely no shops here do it any more....:(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

lol such a nerd thread, but I likes it :D

+1 on wishing they could type for the LC

with regards to pens, any biro usually does it for me, but if I can get a very fine tip biro..... practically writes the essays itself :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 R0siE

For red it has to be staedtler!
    So smooth and a nice, cheery red!especially compared to the bic red which is all dull and depressing....

For blue it's pens that I buy on hols..at the moment it's a Dubrovnik pen on which a boat sails into the harbour when you tilt it!
    Great craic altogether...hours of entertainment!
    =]

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Swear by Staedtler. They're so cheap and my hand isn't as sore after the exam compared to using BIC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

phasers wrote: »

Am I the only one that just uses whatever pen I find in my house? I bring 2 in plus a red one

Your pen is part of you in the same way a formula 1 car is part of an f1 driver. It's an extension of your arm – a living breathing being. It is the only connection between your mind and your future. Your pen is facing into a marathon and both you and your pen must be prepared physically and psychologically. Your pen is your co-driver in the rally of life. When you're booting towards the corner at 180 miles an hour you don't need to be looking to your left to see if your co-driver is out of ink. Be the pen. Be the pen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I find the best blues to be the sort of pens you get as promotional pens. Like I used a Chris Andrews and a Northern Ireland Tourist Board blue pen for my mocks and they were so easy to write with. I think inkly pens that don't smudge look neater and eaier to read than biro so they're good for things like aurals where you're not pushed for time. I much prefer to write in blue than black but all my nice blue pens are wasted so I'll probably have to make do with black for the exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose your future. Choose Staedler.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

I plan on using a crayon. Perhaps blue, maybe black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

You got 5 pages talking about pens???

This is the first time in ages that I haven't felt like a nerd (yay for me:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

phasers wrote: »

At highers options i literaly took about 50 pens, some of the stands even had a load of bic pens:D

Since then I`ve become infinitly more sophistacated with a cross pen, it has my name on it :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Piste wrote: »
    things like aurals where you're not pushed for time.
    I always found that aurals consisted of frantically scribbling down information as fast as you could before the next segment started, probably the messiest of all my exams...

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

My pen I got at the DCU open day was wonderful during the mocks! sadly it ran out in my last exam!*wipes tear*

to anyone saying they're going to use pencil, please don't do it!!
    My French teacher told us one year she was correcting, and opened a booklet to find the whole thing had been written in pencil, and was so faded from being left in the sun she couldnt read it at all! had to give the poor person 0!!
    I have my doubts about the truth in that story, but it scares me enough to never risk writing in pencil in the leaving!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    I always found that aurals consisted of frantically scribbling down information as fast as you could before the next segment started, probably the messiest of all my exams...

I'm like that for irish cos you have to answer in Irish, but when you can answer in English I find it grand enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

an inky pen is great cos u don't have to put much effort into writing spend about 3-4 euro and u shud have a decent pen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Went on a pen hunt of sorts earlier since I've only one blue Staedtler pen left (all the black ones have run out!). Got a really good Papermate pen - FlexGrip Elite 1.4 - which is easy on the hand and writes great. The colour's not as good as it could be but that's the only negative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i was at a study seminar at the start of the year and the woman said that if you alternate between different size pens your hand wont tire easily
    i used that tip for my mocks and it worked on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

i was at a study seminar at the start of the year and the woman said that if you alternate between different size pens your hand wont tire easily
    i used that tip for my mocks and it worked on me

Do you mean like wide grip / narrow grip idea?
    If it works that would be perfect, my hand gets tired well easy and my handwriting goes horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Des23 wrote: »
    Do you mean like wide grip / narrow grip idea?
    If it works that would be perfect, my hand gets tired well easy and my handwriting goes horrible.

yeah like if you use a normal bic pen then change to those 4 in 1 bic pens
    it works for me try it yourself and see if it works :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nokialovers

Recently I have completed one competitive exam with good score. I have give that with my favourite pen and which is from Lamy Safari which is a highly dependable and comfortable pen that has an ergonomic grip. Lamy Pens are known for excellent quality and functional design.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Recently I have completed one competitive exam with good score. I have give that with my favourite pen and which is from Lamy Safari which is a highly dependable and comfortable pen that has an ergonomic grip. Lamy Pens are known for excellent quality and functional design.
    Are they paying you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Lawliet wrote: »
    Are they paying you?

Certainly sounds like it :confused:

Bic Biros ftw tbh.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ummtea

I have a pen from Lourdes and it's the best blue pen I've ever had. I'm not even Christian. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I bought a million different pens into the exam but for pretty much All of them I used the bic 4 in 1 - it saves a split second of putting a pen down and picking another up but the downside is that I was terrified of the click noise being too loud! I had two so I'm not entirely sure if I used one the whole time or mixed both but it must have been both - no way one pen could survive All of english then another 7 exams!
    Gel pens are good but I always find them kinda messy if you write really fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mithrid

The standard Bic pens with a rubber grip works wonders for me, my hand never tires and I write decently enough too!

Advertisement