Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

On Side Magazine

• 22-05-2008 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what people thought of it. Just read the first issue there. It's a decent read, but i think it's just great to have a magazine out there promoting the League of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Whats in it, how much is it ? etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

LOL I'll be reading 4 - 4 - 2 instead...at least it's about real football. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

cheesedude wrote: »

vaguely.... up there with the Indo for crapfest of footy stories.

Onside is the FAI sponsored mag, its terrible.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

KdjaCL wrote: »
    vaguely.... up there with the Indo for crapfest of footy stories.

Onside is the FAI sponsored mag, its terrible.

kdjac
    Onside is, afaik, the only football magazine that focuses on Irish football. Which makes it infinitely better and more relevant than any of the others, unless of course you're one of 'all the Scousers in Ireland', as described on RTE radio this morning...
    In our household, we succeeded in buying two, but it's not quite that good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

SectionF wrote: »
    'all the Scousers in Ireland', as described on RTE radio this morning...

???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Great now pop off back across the Irish Sea.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I thought 442 had gone downhill by jumping on the holy bandwagon and reporting on the el?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Cool, it's about domestic club football. But is it any good? Is the content sharp? Is the writing to a high standard? Is it insightful, probing, up to date etc?

Don't just trade barbs back and forth. The football over here is of a poorer standard. But is the mag?

Its about the national team and league, not great from what I hear but theres potential. Much like the national team and league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The football over here is of a poorer standard.
    Is that the kind of revelatory observation you have in mind when you ask is it insightful and probing?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Great now pop off back across the Irish Sea.:rolleyes:

YEAH!!!! stoopid ppl watching their stoopid football. you have to be at least level 8 at football to post relevant opinions dont ya know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SectionF wrote: »
    Is that the kind of revelatory observation you have in mind when you ask is it insightful and probing?

Sigh. You guys are awesome.

My point is that going over age old debates on how the EL league stacks up is pointless and off topic. Is the mag a well produced and interesting read?

Jazzy wrote: »
    YEAH!!!! stoopid ppl watching their stoopid football. you have to be at least level 8 at football to post relevant opinions dont ya know

How is that a relevant opinion?

Should I go post in the manu pool city laliga etc etc thread that Id rather watch real football? (Im not even sure what that means)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Jazzy wrote: »

Well if you have a value opinion I suppose, but your comment was just WUMing, so toodle pips.

Advertisement