Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just out of college...

• 22-05-2008 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering, I've just finished college and am currently looking for work. Is it possible to claim dole while you search for a new job and are just out of full time education? I've worked for about 2 and a half years in both full time and part time work already.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Unregaccount

Not Hi-Jacking the thread but im in the same situation except im just finished for the summer and am broke and have no job lined up.

(going back in Sept)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Not Hi-Jacking the thread but im in the same situation

Ah it's no problem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Wagon wrote: »
    I was just wondering, I've just finished college and am currently looking for work. Is it possible to claim dole while you search for a new job and are just out of full time education? I've worked for about 2 and a half years in both full time and part time work already.

Yes, if you are finished your full time course of study

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

I finished work about a month ago before exams and brought all my forms and stuff to the social welfare office today and they said ill get my first payment in 2 weeks so not that long really!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

You can claim jobseekers allowance when finished college and looking for work. Make sure to have a letter from your college stating what date you finished your course, because they wont process your claim without it.

Advertisement