Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you all know that god doesn't exist?

• 22-05-2008 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

Hello everybody!

Did you know that god actually does not exist?

He doesn't! I know it for a fact!

How do I know this?

I know this because of the personal relationship I have with his non-existence.

Every day I look out my window and see the beauty of nature and bask in in the glory of knowing that behind those beautiful trees, flowers, and butterflies, there is no divine creator. It is such an amazing feeling! I compel any of you who still believe in god, to just listen to what I have to say and maybe then you will be able to view the world in all its glory!

I really pity anyone who has been mislead into believing in god, as I naturally feel such compassion for my fellow man who has strayed from the flock. I wish to guide you back onto the path of enlightenment, show you the way back to reality, and rid you of these poisonous beliefs that are so immoral in my view.

I really cannot understand how you can still believe in god, when the evidence is all around you blantantly proving the contrary!
    If you would just open your eye's to natures beauty you would realise that there absolutely no way that this could have happened on purpose. Just look at the human eye! Do you honestly expect me to believe that this was designed by a holy ghost? And what about the venus fly trap? That plant is an asshole! Why would a loving god make such a bitch of a shrub? No, it is plainly obvious that there is no god, and anyone who says otherwise is just delibirately ignoring the glory of the world that we live in.

Now, you may ask," But alas my dear friend, how could you possibly claim to know that the non-existence of god is factual?". Well that is an easy one! It is true because I believe it's true. I don't need to provide any evidence, because to say that I am wrong is a display of a complete lack of respect for my beliefs. How dare any of you say that god exists? He plainly doesn't, and I take huge offence to anyone who attacks me for expressing what I believe in, and what is my motivation to live a good and moral life.

The end, CHECK-MATE.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Well thats me convinced.

Standman wrote: »
    And what about the Venus fly trap? That plant is an asshole! Why would a loving god make such a bitch of a shrub?

The Venus fly trap is a herb, not a shrub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

The Venus fly trap is a herb, not a shrub.

Wow, I didn't think this thread would get my interest, But low and behold.

What defines something as a shrub? and what defines something as a herb? Just curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm pretty sure god defines it as a shrub or a herb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

woodiness?

op you remind me of this guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

DaveMcG wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure god defines it as a shrub or a herb

ROFL ... thanks Dave, just spilled Coke over my keyboard :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Hello everybody!

Did you know that god actually does not exist?

He doesn't! I know it for a fact!

How do I know this?

I know this because of the personal relationship I have with his non-existence.

Every day I look out my window and see the beauty of nature and bask in in the glory of knowing that behind those beautiful trees, flowers, and butterflies, there is no divine creator. It is such an amazing feeling! I compel any of you who still believe in god, to just listen to what I have to say and maybe then you will be able to view the world in all its glory!

I really pity anyone who has been mislead into believing in god, as I naturally feel such compassion for my fellow man who has strayed from the flock. I wish to guide you back onto the path of enlightenment, show you the way back to reality, and rid you of these poisonous beliefs that are so immoral in my view.

I really cannot understand how you can still believe in god, when the evidence is all around you blantantly proving the contrary!
    If you would just open your eye's to natures beauty you would realise that there absolutely no way that this could have happened on purpose. Just look at the human eye! Do you honestly expect me to believe that this was designed by a holy ghost? And what about the venus fly trap? That plant is an asshole! Why would a loving god make such a bitch of a shrub? No, it is plainly obvious that there is no god, and anyone who says otherwise is just delibirately ignoring the glory of the world that we live in.

Now, you may ask," But alas my dear friend, how could you possibly claim to know that the non-existence of god is factual?". Well that is an easy one! It is true because I believe it's true. I don't need to provide any evidence, because to say that I am wrong is a display of a complete lack of respect for my beliefs. How dare any of you say that god exists? He plainly doesn't, and I take huge offence to anyone who attacks me for expressing what I believe in, and what is my motivation to live a good and moral life.

The end, CHECK-MATE.

I think you should look at all the tsunamis and earthquakes, disease and poverty, slavery and abuse, and the mass-murder, ethnic cleansing and holocausts. Then you will recognise that there has to be someone out there who loves us and minds us carefully as his flock.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm wondering if the OP is a herb or a shrub...

Oh, I do hope it's not a hit and run post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

OP, I believe there's a higher power all right... however I'm not deluded enough to believe this higher power is some kindly, compassionate, loving, merciful old dude who only has our best interests at heart - because that's very clearly not the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

I don't care whether the venus fly trap is a herb or a shrub, it's still an asshole. And if it is a herb, I'm not sure I would want to sprinkle it on my mashed potatoes.

• Advertisement

Anything else to add, or should I just lock this thread now?

Hey why would you lock the thread?

Hey why would you lock the thread?

This is a discussion board ... what would you like us to discuss?

Your post is a thinly veiled endorsement of the worst Intelligent Design arguments.

Someone here could, for example, describe how the eye is not proof of design using actual science, but I really doubt you'd be interested in hearing it. Do you really wish to discuss what is put forward in your post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Standman wrote:
    And if it is a herb, I'm not sure I would want to sprinkle it on my mashed potatoes.
    Do you sprinkle bananas on your potatoes? Because it's a herb too.
    Wicknight wrote:
    This is a discussion board ... what would you like us to discuss?
    I don't think this thread should be locked at all. Granted, talking about plants is a little OT for the A&A forum, but if the guy wants to talk about herbs and shrubs then let him!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I like bananas. I think god created them just for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

If you put cress seeds in a person's rectum, would they grow successfully?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

SDooM wrote: »
    I like bananas. I think god created them just for me.
    As do some fine creationists:

robindch wrote: »
    As do some fine creationists:

Jeebus. And I thought I was being really clever there.

SDooM wrote: »
    Jeebus. And I thought I was being really clever there.
    I assumed you'd already seen the light/youtube!

• Advertisement

Oh for gods sake! I was hoping I wouldn't have to spell it out for everyone, but its meant to be a satire on how some religious people often defend their religious beliefs. I was trying to show how ridiculous it is by using the same formula to argue for atheism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

eoin5 wrote: »
    I think you should look at all the tsunamis and earthquakes, disease and poverty, slavery and abuse, and the mass-murder, ethnic cleansing and holocausts. Then you will recognise that there has to be someone out there who loves us and minds us carefully as his flock.

Hey... the guy has a nice view out his window.. don't hold it against him.

Oh for gods sake! I was hoping I wouldn't have to spell it out for everyone, but its meant to be a satire on how some religious people often defend their religious beliefs. I was trying to show how ridiculous it is by using the same formula to argue for atheism.

Please. For "non specific extra dimensional entity who may or may not exists" sake.

Dades wrote: »
    I assumed you'd already seen the light/youtube!

Seriously, honestly, not. I just saw the banana thing and thought "thats a suitibly stupid thing to say."

Ahh, now I see...

You have to realise we get people defending their religious beliefs here the whole time - and some of them are on a par with that type of post. I note the general confusion on the Christianity forum too - methinks the point was somewhat ambiguous.

Welcome, I guess.
    Grab a tray - they're serving fresh babies in the canteen. :)

Yea I kind of thought it might be a bit confusing, but I also thought it would be interesting to see how people interpreted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Yea I kind of thought it might be a bit confusing, but I also thought it would be interesting to see how people interpreted it.

I got the satire and was surprised so many people didn't! I must be more cynical than I thought...:o

Dades wrote: »
    Your post is a thinly veiled endorsement of the worst Intelligent Design arguments.

I think he is mocking the theist arguments for the existence of their gods (ie I feel he exists, I see evidence all around me he exists etc etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Yes I did.

Advertisement