Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you rate/describe your style?

Options
  • 22-05-2008 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

I'm pretty casual...I wear black trousers/top during the week cos of work, little or no make-up, and might straighten my hair the odd day,lol...
    If I'm going out, I do like to make an effort, but not too much, I'll do the face, wear something glam (dress/nice trousers and top)and fab shoes!!
    Generally though (goin shoppin/walking/etc), I'd probably describe my style as pretty casual...vest tops/hoodies and jeans/runners all the way!! I'm not one of those types who wouldn't step outta the house without my face on lol!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Id be pretty much the same, I wear smart stuff for work, Suit trousers & shirt, skirts etc. and heels, after work id be in jeans and a hoody, or tracksuit bottoms and a vest top, or jeans and a nice top (mainly wearing runner shoes, would ever wear heels casually, for going out, it will be glam, jeans top, skirts or dresses and nice shoes!

Id always wear sandles going out..I dont feel dressed up in boots for some reason. :confused:

I don't think you would call what I wear style.
    I'm a broke student, and I prefer to scrape by than work for clothes.
    So alot of my clothes I have robbed from my sisters.
    I love to be around colours that make me happy.
    They don't necessarily appeal to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Pretty stylish, actually very stylish.. I like good fabrics and wear clothes that work for me...
    But some days i like to dress casual(jeans and t-shirt) I like colours and i wear all colours the only colour i don't do is brown and thats because it blends into my skin and doesn't do me justice

Rate... out of a 10 i would say 10! :) I asked my gay friend at work and i am supposed to be the best dressed female(i hope he isn't lying :))

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I love to be around colours that make me happy.
    QUOTE]

That reminds me of a conversation I had with quite a crackers woman @ the bus stop last week! I was there minding my own business, when she suddenly turns to me and says how great it was that I'm wearing such bright colours (i had an orange vest-top, white bolero, and jeans) and how the youth of today are so dull and always wear black! Then she started telling me how she saw this girl all in black one day and went up to her and gave out to her for wearing it!! I wouldn't have rated her own style now...she did have bright colours, but a purple pyjama style pants and a blue body warmer didn't exactly scream out fashion icon..LOL......I'm rambling now - it was just a very funny encounter! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I wear whatever, some days it's shirt and jeans, others it's cut off tops and combats...If people don't like what I wear ****em...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I generally wear different styles of jeans (nothing designer or fancy), have some combats and a casual denim skirt, wear them all to college with whatever top I can find that morning :p Hoodies now instead of coats for the summer, if its not warm. (That's really because I lost my coat at a nightclub) wear boots or cons most days for shoes, don't touch hair straighteners on a regular basis and put a bit of effort into the make up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I work for a venture capitalist firm, so I dress up for work everyday. I have an array of professional pants, suits, skirts, dresses, and blouses.
    Outside of work it can vary. I can go out in sweat pants and an athletic shirt with no make up, or I can go out jeans and an artsy t shirt +hat, or a long, flowing halter dress, or a pair of short shorts, a stylish t shirt and heels. I like versatility in my wardrobe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭campervan

nice to hear people seem to be more into casual stuff, i thought i was the only one! im such a tomboy but do like to make an effort for the bf during the week, my work clothes are super casual, trousers and polo shirt, so i dont actually get a chance to dress smartly during the week, id love to though! at the weekends id usually have jeans and hoodies or nice tops if the weather is good. then i love summer dresses or linen trousers. would never follow fashion, might nod to it the odd time, but its to much work for me. i avoid skinny jeans and pumps like the plague, have been wearing flares and runners since i was a teenager. have an addiction to ebay bags and shoes tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

my style is somewhat eclectic, I go for casual during the day, but I can go for the whole glam 50s look when I am out at night because I love that look and it suits my shape. So I can go from scruff ball to dead glam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Rock Chic...:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement